The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Worst resident evil plot yet?(spoilers duh)

#1biohazard151Posted 10/12/2012 6:12:13 PM
Here's the basic story,

The president of the united states somehow believes that telling the world all about Raccoon and umbrella will....fix something. However, this to me makes no sense, as Umbrella was already found guilty when albert wesker used the data he had extracted in the Russian incident.

So were thrown into leon's story (who just...seems to be there) and for some reason, maybe it was explained, leon and helena are fine, but everyone else is messed up bad.

Yadda yadda, leon and helena need to fake their deaths to go to china...not really sure why they couldnt just go to china, who cared that they were dead? Simmons? Doesnt matter.

Meanwhile, we have a terrorist group called, get this, "Neo-umbrella" which literally means new umbrella. awful. No one knows who funds them, but they have access to billions of dollars.

Who ran them? It was never even specificlly revealed was it? Was it carla? Was Derek running them to cover up the attacks? If so, how did all his spending go unnoticed? God, anyways,

The pivotal plot revolves around the NSA director basically having a huge boner over ada wong, spends billions of dollars of research to create a clone of ada wong out of brilliant scientist carla radames, to...eventually frame ada wong for all the events of Re6? Sound ridiculous? It got worse

Carla describes wesker as a colossal imbecile who tried to destroy the world. What was Carla's goal? To be a colossal imbecile who tries to destroy the world...out of spite towards Derek.

And who was she saying this too? Well, Albert Wesker's son dummy. Of course, we dont get any real explanation on that, just that at one time or another, our madman porked some serbian housewife, and out popped rebellious baby Jake.

You know what, thats pretty much the gist of it. I could go on, but I almost dont care too. This game made Re 4's zany b-movie approach a potential pulitzer prize winner.

i cant get over how incredibly terrible the story was, and not only that, but vague, terribly presented, and over the top.

anyone care to add to that or enlighten me? or perhaps show me a more terrible plot in the resident evil verse?
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#2SnoopydancePosted 10/12/2012 6:15:18 PM
You do realize that the plots of RE1-3 are practically non-existent? There's like a collective hour of story in those three games and it's basically "umbrella made monsters. " RE6's plot is cliche and dumb at times but it's the most ambitious plot so far and the closest thing to an actual story arc.
---

#3StupidMofozPosted 10/12/2012 6:17:49 PM
I'll give the worst plot award to 4 personally. I mean you got to save the presidents daughter from a big bad cult being controlled by bugs that were mined up from the earth. Yay..
#4RockmanZeroEXEPosted 10/12/2012 6:19:41 PM
biohazard151 posted...
Here's the basic story,

The president of the united states somehow believes that telling the world all about Raccoon and umbrella will....fix something. However, this to me makes no sense, as Umbrella was already found guilty when albert wesker used the data he had extracted in the Russian incident.

So were thrown into leon's story (who just...seems to be there) and for some reason, maybe it was explained, leon and helena are fine, but everyone else is messed up bad.

Yadda yadda, leon and helena need to fake their deaths to go to china...not really sure why they couldnt just go to china, who cared that they were dead? Simmons? Doesnt matter.

Meanwhile, we have a terrorist group called, get this, "Neo-umbrella" which literally means new umbrella. awful. No one knows who funds them, but they have access to billions of dollars.

Who ran them? It was never even specificlly revealed was it? Was it carla? Was Derek running them to cover up the attacks? If so, how did all his spending go unnoticed? God, anyways,

The pivotal plot revolves around the NSA director basically having a huge boner over ada wong, spends billions of dollars of research to create a clone of ada wong out of brilliant scientist carla radames, to...eventually frame ada wong for all the events of Re6? Sound ridiculous? It got worse

Carla describes wesker as a colossal imbecile who tried to destroy the world. What was Carla's goal? To be a colossal imbecile who tries to destroy the world...out of spite towards Derek.

And who was she saying this too? Well, Albert Wesker's son dummy. Of course, we dont get any real explanation on that, just that at one time or another, our madman porked some serbian housewife, and out popped rebellious baby Jake.

You know what, thats pretty much the gist of it. I could go on, but I almost dont care too. This game made Re 4's zany b-movie approach a potential pulitzer prize winner.

i cant get over how incredibly terrible the story was, and not only that, but vague, terribly presented, and over the top.

anyone care to add to that or enlighten me? or perhaps show me a more terrible plot in the resident evil verse?

Were you paying attention? just really? were you? a. that had to fake their deaths, otherwise they'd have to spend more time proving they were innocent then stopping the threat. The point for the president to go public was to unite the world against bioterroism or rather biological warfare. He wanted to say that they had a part of it, but now wants to fix it. Simmons truly ran it, however, midway through, I believe 2 factions appear. Did you also try getting emblem? They give back information as well. That's as much I'll give. Even if the plot was completely average, there were clearly some things you didn't pay attention to, or needed to get spoon fed.
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#5Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 10/12/2012 6:21:05 PM
You don't go into a Resident Evil game expecting a well-developed storyline. They never make sense when you step back and analyze them. Just enjoy it for what it is.
---
We live to make the impossible possible.
#6biohazard151(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 6:22:52 PM
Snoopydance posted...
You do realize that the plots of RE1-3 are practically non-existent? There's like a collective hour of story in those three games and it's basically "umbrella made monsters. " RE6's plot is cliche and dumb at times but it's the most ambitious plot so far and the closest thing to an actual story arc.

Ill give you its the most ambitious, sure. But itd also be ambitious to launch raccon city in outer space and have space zombies, but it wouldnt count for much since itd suck.

Maybe thats why the first three were better though, because a simple okay done plot is better than a convoluted, ridiculous, unintelligble plot. No, you wont find me arguing the well doen themes and stories of the first three, but they were simple enough that they didnt boggle your mind in the same respect RE6 did.

Basically, it was bette that way, you knew there was umbrella, and they were making monsters, and they **** ed up, and now you had to escape.

Re 6 too me was on a totally different dimension of stupid.
---
#7PainesnewnamePosted 10/12/2012 6:25:39 PM
You can explain the plot to anything while being a **** and it'll sound just as bad.

Not saying re6 had that great of a story but still.
---
Mass production.....?
.........RIDICULOUS!
#8nickizgr8Posted 10/12/2012 6:26:57 PM
What I don't understand is how leon and helena were able to carry guns on a plane. Being dead and all it must have been pretty hard to get a flight.
#9biohazard151(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 6:28:09 PM
"Were you paying attention? just really? were you? a. that had to fake their deaths, otherwise they'd have to spend more time proving they were innocent then stopping the threat. The point for the president to go public was to unite the world against bioterroism or rather biological warfare. He wanted to say that they had a part of it, but now wants to fix it. Simmons truly ran it, however, midway through, I believe 2 factions appear. Did you also try getting emblem? They give back information as well. That's as much I'll give. Even if the plot was completely average, there were clearly some things you didn't pay attention to, or needed to get spoon fed."

why would faking their deaths help that. Hunnigan even says theyll find out real soon, and if they faked their deaths, how did that help them get a flight? It just seemed totally unnecessary, to the point they didnt need to add that in, and wed just assume they got a flight out to china, and would deal with the consequences later.

Yup, I get the whoel ada part now, someone explained it to me and showed me some history, but it was a little vague you have to admit.

And Derek ran it, however, he was also a part of the family. So he ran the family, but Carla all of a sudden has control over ja'vo and backstabbed him? I get that, i just think it was terrible.

And the files i dont count, sure they help, but a story should be presented in game, not some text that lluminates everything.

And no, i dont see the plot as average, i see it as colossally terrible.
---
#10beartrapsnapPosted 10/12/2012 6:28:57 PM
It's pretty awful, no doubt. There's plot holes and idiocy running through every campaign. How many times do they say "Let's get the hell out of here," as if they're trying to seem like real people in a dangerous situation? I cringe every time someone says Neo-Umbrella. They're essentially superheroes, yet the plot takes no risks with the established characters at all.

But to be honest, I haven't played Resident Evil for the story since the fourth game.