Worst resident evil plot yet?(spoilers duh)

#41biohazard151(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 8:07:25 PM
"Look I replaced your "Ada"s in the paragraph you typed, it practically sounds the same. You just have something against clones, don't you?

ya....i dont disagree. Ill admit i think cloning a character and having her be curious about it and follow her is dumber, but i also thought the fact that leon and helena are just standing there while the president is dead and everyone else is was hilariously stupid too.
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#42willowsbyPosted 10/12/2012 10:36:00 PM
biohazard151 posted...
"Look I replaced your "Ada"s in the paragraph you typed, it practically sounds the same. You just have something against clones, don't you?

ya....i dont disagree. Ill admit i think cloning a character and having her be curious about it and follow her is dumber, but i also thought the fact that leon and helena are just standing there while the president is dead and everyone else is was hilariously stupid too.

I agree with you, the plot is kinda dumb, although the story idea, actually great.
The story can focus to the darkside of US government.

The Carla or Simmon's obsession on Ada things is unnecessary, because it will make Ada's involvement on RE 6 kinda nothing rather than she is dragged by Carla.

I think it's cool & more reasonable if the story focus on Simmons try to hide the darkside of US government by erase all evidence & obstacle during racoon city incident.

He need to kill president, because president want to reveal to public & that will make US supremacy as "police" in united nation looks bad. And Simmons also need to erase all living key witness, such as Ada, because she used to work with him. And also they can add motive about Ada, maybe revenge to bring down the secret organization, because I remember developer used to said, Ada's character is inspired from La Femme Nikita.

Chris's involvement because he is BSAA & need to fight any B.O.W, but rather than make it into global outbreak (China) it will be better if the story more focus on domestic scale. Because BSAA & government don't have smooth relationship.

Actually I found it funny too, how this game making characters such as Leon & Helena against their characters, because I feel sympathy to any NPC like survivors on Leon's campaign, like how both Leon & Helena didn't do anything to help them & let them waiting to die (the cathedral scene)

Jake & Sherry story is okay to me, it feels like introduction as new cast for future RE
---
SARCASM IS NOT ATTITUDE, IT'S AN ART
#43good_tobiPosted 10/13/2012 3:27:29 AM
a game doesn't get an award for its story, does it?
---
It's too late to apologize.
#44MoneySupremoPosted 10/13/2012 3:59:27 AM
good_tobi posted...
a game doesn't get an award for its story, does it?

Metal Gear Solid, Bioshock and a few Final Fantasies did...
#45brainlackPosted 10/13/2012 5:28:38 AM
biohazard151 posted...
Here's the basic story,

The president of the united states somehow believes that telling the world all about Raccoon and umbrella will....fix something. However, this to me makes no sense, as Umbrella was already found guilty when albert wesker used the data he had extracted in the Russian incident.

So were thrown into leon's story (who just...seems to be there) and for some reason, maybe it was explained, leon and helena are fine, but everyone else is messed up bad.

Yadda yadda, leon and helena need to fake their deaths to go to china...not really sure why they couldnt just go to china, who cared that they were dead? Simmons? Doesnt matter.

Meanwhile, we have a terrorist group called, get this, "Neo-umbrella" which literally means new umbrella. awful. No one knows who funds them, but they have access to billions of dollars.

Who ran them? It was never even specificlly revealed was it? Was it carla? Was Derek running them to cover up the attacks? If so, how did all his spending go unnoticed? God, anyways,

The pivotal plot revolves around the NSA director basically having a huge boner over ada wong, spends billions of dollars of research to create a clone of ada wong out of brilliant scientist carla radames, to...eventually frame ada wong for all the events of Re6? Sound ridiculous? It got worse

Carla describes wesker as a colossal imbecile who tried to destroy the world. What was Carla's goal? To be a colossal imbecile who tries to destroy the world...out of spite towards Derek.

And who was she saying this too? Well, Albert Wesker's son dummy. Of course, we dont get any real explanation on that, just that at one time or another, our madman porked some serbian housewife, and out popped rebellious baby Jake.

You know what, thats pretty much the gist of it. I could go on, but I almost dont care too. This game made Re 4's zany b-movie approach a potential pulitzer prize winner.

i cant get over how incredibly terrible the story was, and not only that, but vague, terribly presented, and over the top.

anyone care to add to that or enlighten me? or perhaps show me a more terrible plot in the resident evil verse?

lets go to the silent hill board resident evil is silent hills action brother
---
because you like to read a sig in a sig so
I wrote a sig(inside a sig)for you to read - Brainlack
#46soulabcPosted 10/13/2012 5:42:34 AM
Let's see, take out Ada -> no Simmons obsession -> no Carla gets turned into 'Ada' -> no Neo-Umbrella -> no Revenge Against Simmons -> no Resident Evil 6
#47snakey24Posted 10/13/2012 5:45:11 AM
Madigari posted...
biohazard151 posted...
And the files i dont count, sure they help, but a story should be presented in game, not some text that lluminates everything.

So, you basically discount most of the story development in the original games, too? Good to know.

Dude, those files in RE 1-6 are what explanes you EVERYTHING or mostly, you don't read the files you don't get a bit of the story naturally . I cried when I red Wesker File in RE5 TT__TT!

Even in The novels they mention diaries and reports, pretty neat, how Albert hid himself in the mansion and was thinking about a blond scientist who rejected him and how he just killed her....errr wait, this has nothing to do with the game...

But DAYUM how can the Novels of the game be so fun to read!!!
---
Currently Playing: TotA(3DS), KH:3D (3DS)(postponed), VNs(PC), RE5:GoldEdition, RE6
PSN:x-fh-xkathleena
#48Zed7777ZR1Posted 10/13/2012 6:05:18 AM
any story is bad when you take it apart ...

i agree with one thing ... they never explaiend the how and why of leon's presence when the president got infected and why wasn't he ... that's the one thing they should have explained istead of getting me to go halfway across the town only to fight someone who i was supposed to save ...

anythingelse TC pointed out proves he never read the files , never bothered with the in-game conversations , barely watched the cutscenes only ...

sorry TC but if people here wanna chat it up with you its thier chocie , i wouldn't waste my time pointing out what's already there ...
#49edward18Posted 10/13/2012 8:12:56 AM
the worst plot remains 4 from what I've seen
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#50VolcanoBoulderPosted 10/13/2012 8:18:20 AM
Revelations makes RE6 look like The Tempest.