Glitch on Leon's Rope Climb?*Spoilers*

#1ChouunShiryuuPosted 10/13/2012 5:16:07 AM
First time I tried it,I managed to get to the point where the final boss was chasing Leon while climbing the rope.I have no problems climbing until hitting the 21 metre mark.Somehow,Leon would just fall back from 21 metres to 24 metres every freaking single time at the exact same spot no matter how many times I tried.

Restarted at the point where both Leon and Helena jumped out of the elevator.Now Leon can't even climb 2 metres before sliding back.

I don't think its the way I press the prompts.After all,the first time I did manage to get to the 21 metre mark.

Anyone experienced this?
---
Democracy is just the plural form of anarchy.
#2moose_4hPosted 10/13/2012 5:24:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that I seen this happen.. I was playing as Ada and I was thrown into this other guys game and he was Leon.. He was climbing that rope and falling over and over again.. He must have fell 30 times while I was just sitting there watching.. I thought he was just being a dumbass tho so I signed out and continued in solo
---
PSN: MoOsE_
#3dougsdad0629Posted 10/13/2012 5:30:41 AM
You have to pretend that the L1 and R1 represent each of Leon's hands. You can't let go with both of them. You have to be holding on with 1 while climbing with the other. Hold both buttons. Let go of 1 of them and hold it again. Let go of the other 1 and hold it again. Repeat.
---
Dear pessimist and optimist, while you were arguing about whether the glass was half empty or half full, I drank the water. Signed: The Opportunist.
#4FR432Posted 10/14/2012 12:50:49 PM
dougsdad0629 posted...
You have to pretend that the L1 and R1 represent each of Leon's hands. You can't let go with both of them. You have to be holding on with 1 while climbing with the other. Hold both buttons. Let go of 1 of them and hold it again. Let go of the other 1 and hold it again. Repeat.

Thanks for this. I was tapping them without holding. This game does a terrible job with, what, 12 types of QTEs and never a hint as to what you really have to do until too late.
#5ruthless7667Posted 10/14/2012 12:53:02 PM
Exact same thing happened to me, TC. Though when I restarted from the checkpoint it stopped bugging me.
---
Victory is life. There comes a point when the odds are against you and the only reasonable course of action is to quit.
#6keybladeXIIIPosted 10/14/2012 2:39:08 PM
I had absolutely no problems with the other QTE's, but the rope-climbing one was a **** to get right. I swear, it messes with your head. I kept on over-thinking where my fingers were and Leon kept falling once I got close, plus that dumb boss was chasing me.
---
"The thunder just arent ready, maybe when Kobe-Duncan-Dirk retire, but until then they wont win the West sorry"-some guy on NBA board
#7Aqua_lovePosted 10/14/2012 2:39:45 PM
As much as I do agree that it doesn;t explain it well... it's really not hard to figure it out if you look at the prompts and experiment
---
<3 Piers <3
http://www.facebook.com/BSAAPiers
#8Steven-ChasePosted 10/14/2012 2:40:27 PM
In before "am I the only person who didn't have trouble with this part?"

(For the record, I did have trouble...)
---
www.steven-chase.com
#9XSilverPhoenixXPosted 10/14/2012 2:44:10 PM
This isn't explained, but you get to a point where you actually NEED to fall so you get the prompts [ ]+X and then R1 to hit Simmons. You'll see Leon jump a few meters up the rope each time.

This makes it easier to progress and then you'll be closer to the top and make it through.
#10Rojo_Posted 10/14/2012 2:45:24 PM
Steven-Chase posted...
In before "am I the only person who didn't have trouble with this part?"

(For the record, I did have trouble...)

i had trouble.....for like 15 secs that it took to look at the picture and understand what it was asking
---
PSN: Rojo-_- /state you're a Gf's user in your friend request.