What a huge letdown. :(

#11GeekyDadPosted 10/13/2012 7:39:38 AM
I think the majority of folks let down by this game either have a short memory or little experience with Capcom games. Go play something from the Onimusha series and Godhand. Then, come back to RE6 and you'll "get it." These mechanics aren't as new as some folks think they are. New to RE? Yes. New to Capcom? Hardly. It didn't surprise me the first time I tinkered with the game.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#12OrangeWizardPosted 10/13/2012 7:41:10 AM
Care to elaborate?

Don't encourage him.
---
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.
#13cirus 7Posted 10/13/2012 7:43:57 AM
Magnetronous posted...
I actually feel sorry for all those who can't tolerate any opinions other than their own. You CoD kids just "enjoy" any video game that's popular among your friends. Sad.

i second this. its sad when people try and defend a bad game just because its popular in the media or with people they know, to the point where they are upset at people that dont agree. just sheep that follow the leader.

and pretty much agree with your OP post as well. they tried to jam in every gimmick thats been popular in recent video games, in an attempt to please everyone, and basically failed at it and disappointed the majority its fanbase.
and one of the worst is the vehicle portions of the game. that feels so out of place in a RE game that i cant even describe how bad it is, and they are not even good driving sequences. i would say all of them should have been cut scenes instead, but the game already has so many its almost a movie.
---
psn id "rajas", FF11 handle- Atrox, on Cerberus
auto modellista team- Akagi Redsuns *RIP*
#14Darth_NicolasPosted 10/13/2012 7:47:57 AM
cirus 7 posted...
Magnetronous posted...
I actually feel sorry for all those who can't tolerate any opinions other than their own. You CoD kids just "enjoy" any video game that's popular among your friends. Sad.

i second this. its sad when people try and defend a bad game just because its popular in the media or with people they know, to the point where they are upset at people that dont agree. just sheep that follow the leader.

and pretty much agree with your OP post as well. they tried to jam in every gimmick thats been popular in recent video games, in an attempt to please everyone, and basically failed at it and disappointed the majority its fanbase.
and one of the worst is the vehicle portions of the game. that feels so out of place in a RE game that i cant even describe how bad it is, and they are not even good driving sequences. i would say all of them should have been cut scenes instead, but the game already has so many its almost a movie.

If defending a game you like is sad, then lingering in a game forum and flaming a game you don't like is much sadder. I hate games too, but it's kinda the reason I don't even care to go to the respective message board.
#15OrangeWizardPosted 10/13/2012 7:52:30 AM
its sad when people try and defend a bad game

>Implying that the game is objectively bad.
---
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.
#16SnoopydancePosted 10/13/2012 7:56:20 AM
Darth_Nicolas posted...
cirus 7 posted...
Magnetronous posted...

If defending a game you like is sad, then lingering in a game forum and flaming a game you don't like is much sadder. I hate games too, but it's kinda the reason I don't even care to go to the respective message board.

Well no, it's sad when people insult others (like the guy who tried to call TC a letdown for not liking it) just because they don't like the same game. It reeks of insecurity. It's like a threat of identity or something.
" Oh no, someone doesn't like a game I like...what if it's not good? But I like it! that means ...I'm bad? no...YOU'RE BAD!"
---

#17Zed7777ZR1Posted 10/13/2012 8:04:10 AM
and here i was thinking it was a letup ... man i feel bummed now ...
#18Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 8:07:24 AM(edited)
Darth_Nicolas posted...
cirus 7 posted...
Magnetronous posted...

Thank you. For the record, I do agree that the vehicle related parts could've been done in a cutscene. IMO, it's the biggest annoyance while going thru the campaign multiple times. However, to say 'They tried to please everybody and failed' without good reason is crap. As someone who's played all the core games, I think they did a great job balancing 'survival horror/survival' action between all four of the campaigns.
---
Hear me rap!! :D
http://soundcloud.com/theandyman1987/sets/rotten-oranges-mixtape-the
#19GraniteXPosted 10/13/2012 8:15:01 AM
When Code Veronica came out, despite the good reviews and ratings, many said that the formula was getting old. Then Capcom worked on bringing something new, that didn't work out well with the fans either.
They tried with this game though. Trying to blend survival horror and action. They can't use the old formula again and truth be told they have not been very creative lately, but I wouldn't say that they failed.
I LOVED the game but I am not happy that they ignored Jill Valentine and Claire. Even with the story, Chris goes missing and neither of them are mentioned as concerned about him and blah blah.

The game is very good and a lot of fun to play as co op. If you expect too much from games, you will most likely be disappointed later. Give it another shot, maybe you were in a bad mood
#20Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 8:18:17 AM
Snoopydance posted...
Darth_Nicolas posted...
cirus 7 posted...
Magnetronous posted...

Well no, it's sad when people insult others (like the guy who tried to call TC a letdown for not liking it) just because they don't like the same game. It reeks of insecurity. It's like a threat of identity or something.
" Oh no, someone doesn't like a game I like...what if it's not good? But I like it! that means ...I'm bad? no...YOU'RE BAD!"

While I didn't initially approve of this dude calling the TC a 'letdown', when you see someone post in a Resident Evil 6 message board with the topic title 'What a huge letdown' followed by "While trying to cater both to old school and new generation fans, I think they failed both" without elaborating on why they 'failed', you either assume he's trolling or has no idea what he's talking about. Of course the guy is gonna get flamed.
---
Hear me rap!! :D
http://soundcloud.com/theandyman1987/sets/rotten-oranges-mixtape-the