What a huge letdown. :(

#21SnoopydancePosted 10/13/2012 8:23:21 AM
Ryo Mishima posted...
Snoopydance posted...
Darth_Nicolas posted...
cirus 7 posted...
Magnetronous posted...
I actually feel sorry for all those who can't tolerate any opinions other than their own. You CoD kids just "enjoy" any video game that's popular among your friends. Sad.

i second this. its sad when people try and defend a bad game just because its popular in the media or with people they know, to the point where they are upset at people that dont agree. just sheep that follow the leader.

and pretty much agree with your OP post as well. they tried to jam in every gimmick thats been popular in recent video games, in an attempt to please everyone, and basically failed at it and disappointed the majority its fanbase.
and one of the worst is the vehicle portions of the game. that feels so out of place in a RE game that i cant even describe how bad it is, and they are not even good driving sequences. i would say all of them should have been cut scenes instead, but the game already has so many its almost a movie.

If defending a game you like is sad, then lingering in a game forum and flaming a game you don't like is much sadder. I hate games too, but it's kinda the reason I don't even care to go to the respective message board.

Well no, it's sad when people insult others (like the guy who tried to call TC a letdown for not liking it) just because they don't like the same game. It reeks of insecurity. It's like a threat of identity or something.
" Oh no, someone doesn't like a game I like...what if it's not good? But I like it! that means ...I'm bad? no...YOU'RE BAD!"

While I didn't initially approve of this dude calling the TC a 'letdown', when you see someone post in a Resident Evil 6 message board with the topic title 'What a huge letdown' followed by "While trying to cater both to old school and new generation fans, I think they failed both" without elaborating on why they 'failed', you either assume he's trolling or has no idea what he's talking about. Of course the guy is gonna get flamed.

No, it's unreasonable to assume that. He didn't say "this game sux lol", he said he had been looking forward to this game for months but that it didn't live up to his expectations, specifically by spreading itself too thin.
---

#22Magnetronous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 8:26:25 AM
Ryo Mishima posted...
Snoopydance posted...
Darth_Nicolas posted...
cirus 7 posted...
Magnetronous posted...
I actually feel sorry for all those who can't tolerate any opinions other than their own. You CoD kids just "enjoy" any video game that's popular among your friends. Sad.

i second this. its sad when people try and defend a bad game just because its popular in the media or with people they know, to the point where they are upset at people that dont agree. just sheep that follow the leader.

and pretty much agree with your OP post as well. they tried to jam in every gimmick thats been popular in recent video games, in an attempt to please everyone, and basically failed at it and disappointed the majority its fanbase.
and one of the worst is the vehicle portions of the game. that feels so out of place in a RE game that i cant even describe how bad it is, and they are not even good driving sequences. i would say all of them should have been cut scenes instead, but the game already has so many its almost a movie.

If defending a game you like is sad, then lingering in a game forum and flaming a game you don't like is much sadder. I hate games too, but it's kinda the reason I don't even care to go to the respective message board.

Well no, it's sad when people insult others (like the guy who tried to call TC a letdown for not liking it) just because they don't like the same game. It reeks of insecurity. It's like a threat of identity or something.
" Oh no, someone doesn't like a game I like...what if it's not good? But I like it! that means ...I'm bad? no...YOU'RE BAD!"

While I didn't initially approve of this dude calling the TC a 'letdown', when you see someone post in a Resident Evil 6 message board with the topic title 'What a huge letdown' followed by "While trying to cater both to old school and new generation fans, I think they failed both" without elaborating on why they 'failed', you either assume he's trolling or has no idea what he's talking about. Of course the guy is gonna get flamed.

I've been following the series since the very first game and have had big hopes for the sixth installment. Saying it disappointed me doesn't grant anyone the right to flame me. Where should I have posted my ideas, anyway? The RE5 boards? I said "***I*** think they failed", emphasis on the "I". Just like how one person can like all aspects of this game, I disliked most of them. I shouldn't have to make a list just so I could avoid getting insulted. Your logic fails.
#23ProtqgonistPosted 10/13/2012 8:27:25 AM
I would consider myself hard to please but i really enjoy this game. I've played all of the resident evil games and think this is a worthy evolution of the series. There are some things i would have done differently, such as replacing piers with someone better (claire/jill?) And changing Chris's story, or adding some actual puzzles. But, overall it's still good, and much better than five.
---
PSN: G0dmqsteR
#24Raoh_No_HokutoPosted 10/13/2012 8:28:22 AM
From: Magnetronous | Posted: 10/13/2012 10:31:11 AM | #007

I had no problem with your posts until that. You complain when people don't agree with your opinion, then attack others'.
---
i.imgur.com/GC7Rf.jpg i.imgur.com/BVLyr.jpg i.imgur.com/1hWcs.jpg
i.imgur.com/2rDxB.jpg i.imgur.com/y7wMI.jpg i.imgur.com/e9VK5.jpg
#25REmasterPosted 10/13/2012 8:29:08 AM
Ryo Mishima posted...
Snoopydance posted...
Darth_Nicolas posted...
cirus 7 posted...
Magnetronous posted...

Maybe, but people here always post about how great the game is as well without elaboration and they don't get a second look. I know this is the message board for RE6 but it's not limited solely to those who are fans of the game. The TC didn't insult anyone yet people are quick to jump down his throat. I LOVE this game so far, but if someone doesn't like it, then they should at least be able to express it even as a means of telling it from their point of view and encouraging discussion.

Summary: People here should learn to respect other people's opinions without resorting to flaming each other.
---
My youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/UltimateX34
#26REmasterPosted 10/13/2012 8:30:06 AM
Raoh_No_Hokuto posted...

I had no problem with your posts until that. You complain when people don't agree with your opinion, then attack others'.

To be fair other people attacked him first.
---
My youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/UltimateX34
#27Magnetronous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 8:30:19 AM
Raoh_No_Hokuto posted...

Fight fire with fire.
#28VolcanoBoulderPosted 10/13/2012 8:31:08 AM
Magnetronous posted...
I actually feel sorry for all those who can't tolerate any opinions other than their own.

Magnetronous posted...
You CoD kids just "enjoy" any video game that's popular among your friends. Sad.

LOL
#29Mdogg1214Posted 10/13/2012 8:34:20 AM
Resident Evil 6, lacks any sort of vision from the 600 devs that worked on this, most of which were probably contract workers. The main purpose of this game's existence is to appeal to as many gamers as possible, and make as much money as possible. There isn't a single focus on what this game wants to be, it's just a jumbled mess of different genres that at the end of the day don't work, because the game plays poorly. The style of Leon's campaign may look more like horror, but it still has the same controls as the other campaigns and it's still plays like mediocre TPS.

I really don't understand how some people are loving this game. It's 2012, we should all know the difference between a well made TPS and a poorly made one. Even in regards to co-op there are TPS that came out before RE6 that have done it way better. This game brings nothing new to the table for horror or action. It just wants to be Gears of War, Uncharted and Call of Duty in one package.

This game is what you call a Jack of all Trades and the Master of None.
#30Magnetronous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 8:35:08 AM
Well, whatever guys, I don't want to make this personal. This game just didn't live up to my expectations. And I think I should be able to at least state that in a post about this very game. I just wish I could post how amazing an experience it was to finish the game, but I just didn't like what I was playing after several hours of gameplay.