What a huge letdown. :(

#31VolcanoBoulderPosted 10/13/2012 7:36:02 AM
Magnetronous posted...
Well, whatever guys, I don't want to make this personal. This game just didn't live up to my expectations. And I think I should be able to at least state that in a post about this very game.

You should be. Anyone who insults you for your opinion on a video game is completely out of line.
#32Spade59Posted 10/13/2012 7:38:00 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
its sad when people try and defend a bad game

>Implying that the game is objectively bad.

>Captain Obvious
#33Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 7:39:08 AM
"I've been following the series since the very first game and have had big hopes for the sixth installment. Saying it disappointed me doesn't grant anyone the right to flame me. Where should I have posted my ideas, anyway? The RE5 boards? I said "***I*** think they failed", emphasis on the "I". Just like how one person can like all aspects of this game, I disliked most of them. I shouldn't have to make a list just so I could avoid getting insulted. Your logic fails."

As vague as your initial post was, while I don't condone flaming people, you shouldn't be surprised you were. You're right, stating your disappointment for RE6 doesn't automatically mean should be flamed, it's just how you failed to elaborate on why you were disappointed. For example, "WHY do you believe they failed at catering to everybody"? Had you answered that one question with a brief and valid description, the users here who do like the game would take your 'ideas' more seriously.
---
Hear me rap!! :D
http://soundcloud.com/theandyman1987/sets/rotten-oranges-mixtape-the
#34deemahdeemahPosted 10/13/2012 7:40:14 AM
Spade59 posted...
OrangeWizard posted...
its sad when people try and defend a bad game

>Implying that the game is objectively bad.

>Captain Obvious

....sigh. Again.
#35_Shuyin_Posted 10/13/2012 7:44:09 AM
Sucks that some people didn't like it. I personally really loved it. The health system was better (the Herb pills) and I LOVED that you don't have to worry about the AI at all. Not their weapons, ammo, or how much herbs that need. I guess they listened to the fans who disliked being Sheva's babysitter.

Only thing I "disliked" about RE6 was the lack of both Paul Mercier and Sally Cahill. Leon and Ada's new voice actors did a really great job, but I still wish Capcom could've gotten Paul and Sally back.

Note: Yes, I'm aware Mercier isn't Leon's original voice actor. But I played RE4 before the rest of the series, so I think of Mercier's portrayal when I think of how Leon should sound.
---
"Your effort is for naught. How long do you plan to keep this up?"
~Haunting Ground
#36Spade59Posted 10/13/2012 7:45:43 AM
TC, would you mind telling us what you find so disastrous about the game that you can't stand anymore of it?

Is it:
the forced co-op/AI
too many QTEs
action direction
bad online
poor story
horrid cover mechanic
bland environments
bland level design
linear gameplay
#37maccarnoldPosted 10/13/2012 7:54:52 AM
I understand you. I have played every single Resident Evil game and finished multiple times and this was a huge letdown. I finished Leon campaign and was just enough. I shelved the game for good. Fortunately I bought the special edition so I can play 4 all over again.
---
I don't have nothing interesting to say so I better not write anything at all.
#38SnoopydancePosted 10/13/2012 8:03:48 AM
Ryo Mishima posted...
You're right, stating your disappointment for RE6 doesn't automatically mean should be flamed, it's just how you failed to elaborate on why you were disappointed. For example, "WHY do you believe they failed at catering to everybody"? Had you answered that one question with a brief and valid description, the users here who do like the game would take your 'ideas' more seriously.

Let's be honest, no they wouldn't. Even ignoring the fact that his original post didn't require much explaining (if anything, he could have written "it's too awkward to be action, too bland to be horrific" or something), people would just deny it. On every board there is a "Defense force" that rushes to insult/mark as a troll anyone that expresses any negative opinion of the board subject. I've seen it over and over again.
---

#39deemahdeemahPosted 10/13/2012 8:08:59 AM
Spade59 posted...
TC, would you mind telling us what you find so disastrous about the game that you can't stand anymore of it?

Is it:
the forced co-op/AI
too many QTEs
action direction
bad online
poor story
horrid cover mechanic
bland environments
bland level design
linear gameplay

I'm going to assume this is a roundabout way of you listing things you think make RE6 an "objectively" bad game. I cringe using that word because there are so many topics that devolve into "objective/subjective" on these boards, but since you were so kind as to try and argue your point, let me go ahead and drill through real fast.

Forced co-op: Co-op does not a bad game make. It's not even forced, you don't have to play with anyone. As a matter of fact, you can straight up turn the AI partner off.

QTEs Get over it already, they're common place in games now. I honestly didn't think they were that bad, probably because folks like you lambasted the game for having too many and I was expecting thousands and got nowhere near that. I was actually surprised many times, after hearing so much whining about them, when they DID NOT occur. Exaggeration at its finest.

Action Direction: This sounds like personal preference, and that is not "objective." Furthermore, this isn't new. We've been headed this way since RE4. If you didn't like it then, why would you now?

Bad Online: I don't play Online. Can't comment.

Poor Story: Again, opinion and therefore not valid. For RE, this was one of the better ones for being so intricate, I thought. Certainly better than RE5's mustache twirling Wesker in a Volcano.

Horrid Cover Mechanics: I hate to go this route, but maybe get better? And once again, that's not "objective." As the counterpoint to your opinion, I've had no problems and slide in and out of cover with ease and actually enjoy the cover system. I have the very rare hang up, but that happens in most games with a cover system. It's certainly not game breaking.

Bland Environments, Level Design: Opinions, opinions, opinions. You're arguments are mostly opinion...have you noticed that yet? Once again, as the counterpoint, I enjoyed the environments, such as the Chinese Market and lab, and the dilapidated Eastern European city. If you didn't that's fine, but that's NOT a valid reason as to why the game is a mess.

Linearity: Lots of people don't have a problem with that, and there are a million games out there that are linear. Does that make all of those bad too?
#40Spade59Posted 10/13/2012 8:21:05 AM(edited)
Sounds like butthurt covered by thin poise. Many people who dislike the game do so because of said reasons. Now I would be very grateful if you would kindly wait to see TC's answer. Your need to justify glaringly blatant problems and complaints can wait.

Thank you for your time.

Snoopydance posted...
On every board there is a "Defense force" that rushes to insult/mark as a troll anyone that expresses any negative opinion of the board subject.

See the post above mine.