What a huge letdown. :(

#41deemahdeemahPosted 10/13/2012 9:27:08 AM
Spade59 posted...
Sounds like butthurt covered by thin poise. Many people who dislike the game do so because of said reasons. Now I would be very grateful if you would kindly wait to see TC's answer. Your need to justify glaringly blatant problems and complaints can wait.

Thank you for your time.

No no, let's be truthful here, you have your own definition of a Resident Evil game and this isn't it. That's fine, but passing off your personal opinions and preferences as fact and the "end all, be all" of video game design is laughable, and that's exactly what you do. They aren't "glaringly blatant."

I don't get "butthurt" over video games. As a matter of fact, I'm apathetic towards them in general. It's a video game. Which is why it boggles my mind that people like you consistently antagonize anyone with good things to say about a game they like. Isn't it more productive to...maybe shut up and play a different game? Or at the very least add something productive to a conversation rather than make smart a** remarks towards anyone who enjoys the game? I suppose I'm asking too much from the users of Gamefaqs.
#42Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 9:29:05 AM
Snoopydance posted...
Ryo Mishima posted...
You're right, stating your disappointment for RE6 doesn't automatically mean should be flamed, it's just how you failed to elaborate on why you were disappointed. For example, "WHY do you believe they failed at catering to everybody"? Had you answered that one question with a brief and valid description, the users here who do like the game would take your 'ideas' more seriously.

Let's be honest, no they wouldn't. Even ignoring the fact that his original post didn't require much explaining (if anything, he could have written "it's too awkward to be action, too bland to be horrific" or something), people would just deny it. On every board there is a "Defense force" that rushes to insult/mark as a troll anyone that expresses any negative opinion of the board subject. I've seen it over and over again.

While there's no denying someone will have a chance of being flamed for disliking RE6 on a RE6 message board, I think as long as you make some valid points or at least explain enough to encourage a discussion, the more mature users here will argue without flaming.
With as vague as his reasons were, people who do like the game are going to get defensive. I'm not justifying flaming, but c'mon man. Sure, you came to share your thoughts/feelings, and you're entitled to that, but seriously, what response were you expecting to get in this board? The majority of us are enjoying the game.
---
Hear me rap!! :D
http://soundcloud.com/theandyman1987/sets/rotten-oranges-mixtape-the
#43Spade59Posted 10/13/2012 9:33:09 AM
deemahdeemah posted...
No no, let's be truthful here, you have your own definition of a good game and this isn't it.

Thank you for understanding.

add something productive to a conversation rather than make smart a** remarks towards anyone who enjoys the game?

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I suppose I'm asking too much from the users of Gamefaqs.

deemahdeemah posted...
Get over it already
#44Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 9:37:01 AM
deemahdeemah posted...
Spade59 posted...
Sounds like butthurt covered by thin poise. Many people who dislike the game do so because of said reasons. Now I would be very grateful if you would kindly wait to see TC's answer. Your need to justify glaringly blatant problems and complaints can wait.

Thank you for your time.

No no, let's be truthful here, you have your own definition of a Resident Evil game and this isn't it. That's fine, but passing off your personal opinions and preferences as fact and the "end all, be all" of video game design is laughable, and that's exactly what you do. They aren't "glaringly blatant."

I don't get "butthurt" over video games. As a matter of fact, I'm apathetic towards them in general. It's a video game. Which is why it boggles my mind that people like you consistently antagonize anyone with good things to say about a game they like. Isn't it more productive to...maybe shut up and play a different game? Or at the very least add something productive to a conversation rather than make smart a** remarks towards anyone who enjoys the game? I suppose I'm asking too much from the users of Gamefaqs.

Amen. There's a lot of hyper emotional users here. It's a shame really. Especially when they're not enjoying the game in the first place.
---
#45SnoopydancePosted 10/13/2012 9:37:37 AM
Ryo Mishima posted...
Snoopydance posted...
Ryo Mishima posted...
You're right, stating your disappointment for RE6 doesn't automatically mean should be flamed, it's just how you failed to elaborate on why you were disappointed. For example, "WHY do you believe they failed at catering to everybody"? Had you answered that one question with a brief and valid description, the users here who do like the game would take your 'ideas' more seriously.

Let's be honest, no they wouldn't. Even ignoring the fact that his original post didn't require much explaining (if anything, he could have written "it's too awkward to be action, too bland to be horrific" or something), people would just deny it. On every board there is a "Defense force" that rushes to insult/mark as a troll anyone that expresses any negative opinion of the board subject. I've seen it over and over again.

While there's no denying someone will have a chance of being flamed for disliking RE6 on a RE6 message board, I think as long as you make some valid points or at least explain enough to encourage a discussion, the more mature users here will argue without flaming.
With as vague as his reasons were, people who do like the game are going to get defensive. I'm not justifying flaming, but c'mon man. Sure, you came to share your thoughts/feelings, and you're entitled to that, but seriously, what response were you expecting to get in this board? The majority of us are enjoying the game.

It's not the "more mature users" who are flaming in this thread in the first place. You can say he was "asking for it" by expressing his disappointment, but the real problem is people who can't deal with someone not liking something they like.
---

#46deemahdeemahPosted 10/13/2012 9:37:47 AM
Spade59 posted...
deemahdeemah posted...
No no, let's be truthful here, you have your own definition of a good game and this isn't it.

Thank you for understanding.

add something productive to a conversation rather than make smart a** remarks towards anyone who enjoys the game?

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I suppose I'm asking too much from the users of Gamefaqs.

deemahdeemah posted...
Get over it already

Lawlz.
#47krono069Posted 10/13/2012 9:56:07 AM(edited)
I really didn't like Bioshock all that much. I HATE sports games, especially football games like Madden. Have I EVER been on those boards? Have I ever gone there slamming a game? Have I slammed a game and not expected folks on the boards to get annoyed? No. No to all of these. I would be a complete idiot otherwise. <_<

__
---
PSN: krono069/Asus G73 laptop? A thousand bucks. My wife's reaction to a nude mod? Priceless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#48Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 9:51:26 AM
Snoopydance posted...
Ryo Mishima posted...
Snoopydance posted...
Ryo Mishima posted...

It's not the "more mature users" who are flaming in this thread in the first place. You can say he was "asking for it" by expressing his disappointment, but the real problem is people who can't deal with someone not liking something they like.

I agree. The same could be said for people who can't deal with someone liking something they don't. It just makes less sense for them to be here only to argue vehemently about something they don't even enjoy.
---
#49SnoopydancePosted 10/13/2012 10:01:18 AM
Okay. But the TC was just expressing his disappointment with the game, not telling people "you're wrong for liking this". There's no way to spin it to make it okay or TC's fault that people flamed him. Don't blame the victim (and don't take issue with my use of the word victim).
---

#50Robot_SoopaPosted 10/13/2012 10:07:03 AM(edited)
Magnetronous posted...
Well, whatever guys, I don't want to make this personal. This game just didn't live up to my expectations. And I think I should be able to at least state that in a post about this very game. I just wish I could post how amazing an experience it was to finish the game, but I just didn't like what I was playing after several hours of gameplay.

The thing is if you're not going to expand upon it and explain what it did right and wrong then nobody is going to give two flying s***s about your opinion. It's a waste of space. You don't need to talk about how poor the game was. Just move on. How does telling people that are enjoying the game that it is bad benefit you or them in any way?

If you were actually going for a well thought out and structured review on why the game failed for you that would be different. I would welcome it. But no, you posted a topic specifically to antagonize by saying the game was a let down and failed at everything it tried to do. You can't just blanket the entire game with one statement and expect people to not think you're trolling.

This happens on every high profile release. People come on the forums saying how much the game sucked and then they stick around to talk about it and bash it every time it comes up? Why?