What a huge letdown. :(

#51Ryan-06Posted 10/13/2012 10:10:38 AM
DarkchocolateX posted...
TC, the only thing thats a letdown around here is you.

Also RE5 was the letdown for me. 4 and 6 much more entertaining and replayable.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
#52Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 10:11:54 AM
Snoopydance posted...
Okay. But the TC was just expressing his disappointment with the game, not telling people "you're wrong for liking this". There's no way to spin it to make it okay or TC's fault that people flamed him. Don't blame the victim (and don't take issue with my use of the word victim).

Wasn't really referring to the TC. The same way you weren't referring to 98% of the users who posted in this topic. I may be wrong but only like 1 or 2 users here flamed him. I was speaking generally about anyone in this board who's strongly against the idea of RE6 being a good game. Still, like myself and others have demonstrated, if we don't like Madden, you don't go into a Madden board and vaguely say why you think it sucks without expecting any backlash. If you do, at least make a case for it so we can have something to discuss. That's all.
---
Hear me rap!! :D
http://soundcloud.com/theandyman1987/sets/rotten-oranges-mixtape-the
#53kentuckybobPosted 10/13/2012 10:13:19 AM
I agree, but its no suprise.. the whole series has become one huge fail ever since they chose action over survival horror.
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"
#54Coryo61827Posted 10/13/2012 10:43:00 AM
Quote:Snoopydance posted...
Ryo Mishima posted...
You're right, stating your disappointment for RE6 doesn't automatically mean should be flamed, it's just how you failed to elaborate on why you were disappointed. For example, "WHY do you believe they failed at catering to everybody"? Had you answered that one question with a brief and valid description, the users here who do like the game would take your 'ideas' more seriously.

Let's be honest, no they wouldn't. Even ignoring the fact that his original post didn't require much explaining (if anything, he could have written "it's too awkward to be action, too bland to be horrific" or something), people would just deny it. On every board there is a "Defense force" that rushes to insult/mark as a troll anyone that expresses any negative opinion of the board subject. I've seen it over and over again.

While there's no denying someone will have a chance of being flamed for disliking RE6 on a RE6 message board, I think as long as you make some valid points or at least explain enough to encourage a discussion, the more mature users here will argue without flaming.
With as vague as his reasons were, people who do like the game are going to get defensive. I'm not justifying flaming, but c'mon man. Sure, you came to share your thoughts/feelings, and you're entitled to that, but seriously, what response were you expecting to get in this board? The majority of us are enjoying the game.

@Ryo Mishima

I've noticed something about these boards. I also wasn't very fond of this game. And when I listed why all I got was...
"NO! That's nostalgia speaking"
"No that's your opinion and your opinion sucks"
"You're a troll." Etc etc.
Literally throwing everything I said and tossing it out the window.
Trying to explain why you don't like a game is POINTLESS with so many people on the boards.
God forbid you say one negative thing about this "perfect" game and people want to hang you! Lol.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#55Coryo61827Posted 10/13/2012 10:50:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#56Coryo61827Posted 10/13/2012 10:51:38 AM
Quote:And I do understand its weird for someone to go on boards and complain about a game but for someone like me, I love the resident evil series. I've been playing since the very first one. The fact that I personally have paid for and beat just about every resident Evil game, even though this wasn't my favorite game in the world, I should still be able to vent if I want to and express my feelings as others should be able to as well.

Now I can understand if someone doesnt like the Resident Evil series at all and THEN comes here to complain about it, then sure. That might be trolling. But if people paid and played a game they should be able to express their opinion about it. That's all.

@Coryo61827
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#57abnergoinbigPosted 10/13/2012 10:54:08 AM
I actually love the game, It was my most anticipated game of the year and it delivered IMO.
#58Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 10:58:18 AM
"Trying to explain why you don't like a game is POINTLESS with so many people on the boards."

So if you believe it's pointless to explain why you don't like a game on that game's message board, then WHY post your dislike for it in the first place?
---
#59Leon FanPosted 10/13/2012 10:59:00 AM
Just finished all 4 campaigns and I must say that I appreciate RE5 alot more because of this jumbled mess of a game. Might as well call it Gears Of Quick Time Evil, this game has no identity and clearly had no direction. Also upped the OVER THE TOP ante 10 fold and thats saying something for an RE game
---
PSN: rtomblin Fav. Series: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Half Life, Dino Crisis, God Of War
#60Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 11:09:01 AM
Leon Fan posted...
Just finished all 4 campaigns and I must say that I appreciate RE5 alot more because of this jumbled mess of a game. Might as well call it Gears Of Quick Time Evil, this game has no identity and clearly had no direction. Also upped the OVER THE TOP ante 10 fold and thats saying something for an RE game

What do you mean no direction? I thought the direction was to broaden the series to expand it's fanbase. I felt they did a great job of making the RE fresh again.
---