What a huge letdown. :(

#61deemahdeemahPosted 10/13/2012 11:28:45 AM
Coryo61827 posted...
Quote:And I do understand its weird for someone to go on boards and complain about a game but for someone like me, I love the resident evil series. I've been playing since the very first one. The fact that I personally have paid for and beat just about every resident Evil game, even though this wasn't my favorite game in the world, I should still be able to vent if I want to and express my feelings as others should be able to as well.

Now I can understand if someone doesnt like the Resident Evil series at all and THEN comes here to complain about it, then sure. That might be trolling. But if people paid and played a game they should be able to express their opinion about it. That's all.

@Coryo61827

I don't have a problem with this at all. That's what these boards are for, and you get good conversations out of that. Where I do have a problem is the uber-nerd elitists that come here to feel better about themselves by insulting another users' intelligence for liking the game and attempting to exercise some sort of false dominance over someone else.
#62SnoopydancePosted 10/13/2012 11:33:19 AM
Ryo Mishima posted...
Leon Fan posted...
Just finished all 4 campaigns and I must say that I appreciate RE5 alot more because of this jumbled mess of a game. Might as well call it Gears Of Quick Time Evil, this game has no identity and clearly had no direction. Also upped the OVER THE TOP ante 10 fold and thats saying something for an RE game

What do you mean no direction? I thought the direction was to broaden the series to expand it's fanbase. I felt they did a great job of making the RE fresh again.

Direction in the sense of cohesion, unity of effect, a gameplay "goal" or ideal, which would not include things like "sell more games"
---

#63Pawkie07Posted 10/13/2012 11:34:06 AM
RE6 killed the RE franchise.
#64Spade59Posted 10/13/2012 11:37:23 AM
just lol

http://i.imgur.com/DOf09.png
http://i.imgur.com/voYMI.jpg
http://systemwarsmonthly.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/8045084702_9f9e9f467e1.jpg
http://puu.sh/1a0wJ.png

I forgot how much of a goldmine neogaf is.
#65Ryo MishimaPosted 10/13/2012 12:25:03 PM
Snoopydance posted...
Ryo Mishima posted...
Leon Fan posted...
Just finished all 4 campaigns and I must say that I appreciate RE5 alot more because of this jumbled mess of a game. Might as well call it Gears Of Quick Time Evil, this game has no identity and clearly had no direction. Also upped the OVER THE TOP ante 10 fold and thats saying something for an RE game

What do you mean no direction? I thought the direction was to broaden the series to expand it's fanbase. I felt they did a great job of making the RE fresh again.

Direction in the sense of cohesion, unity of effect, a gameplay "goal" or ideal, which would not include things like "sell more games"

I think they killed two birds with one stone. They sold more games and made the core game fresh again without completely cutting out all the stuff that we grew up with. As far as gameplay mechanics, I feel RE6 is the most in-depth yet. If you take the time to use the tools they give you effectively (Duckin' while aiming to dodge horizontal strikes, Running slide into cover or firing your gun, quick shot into head shots, melee attacking effectively and to preserve ammo, quick turn, tapping back twice while crawling to get some distance between you and the enemy, etc.) you'd appreciate what the game has to offer. Once you get the hang of the controls and play on harder difficulties, you'll get the bang for your buck. The game wasn't designed to be solely in narrow hallways and in tight environments like it used to be. It's a zombie apocalypse across the world and I feel the style their going with now suits it quite beautifully. It's funny considering people still expect survivor horror when guys like Chris Redfield and Leon Kennedy are starring in the game. They've only been fighting B.O.W's for like 15 years now. It's not even logical to expect that from the likes of Sherry (Dealt with BOW's as child). The way the series has been going for years and with modern competition, todays RE product makes sense and if you manage to look past minor annoyances (Vehicle related crap, Over the top moments, some QTE's) you have a game that's a lot of fun.
---
Hear me rap!! :D
http://soundcloud.com/theandyman1987/sets/rotten-oranges-mixtape-the
#66Leon FanPosted 10/13/2012 4:53:57 PM
Not saying I didnt have some fun with it, but this is easily the worst game in the series to me. The atrocious vehicle gameplay and sprinting gameplay is a little more bothersome to me than "minor", as I said before this game felt like it had no idea what it wanted to be. Ill be hoping for another REmake style game prob never happen tho or stick to Dead Space until that franchise is killed too
---
PSN: rtomblin Fav. Series: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Half Life, Dino Crisis, God Of War