The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How many people hold off on buying b/c lack of physical manual?

#1docman864Posted 10/13/2012 2:22:01 PM
just curious. Keep in mind that everywhere but the states has a physical manual (correct me if I'm wrong). What does that say about the States? We're going green? Why isn't Japan going green? 600K people in Japan bought the game.....so they like to kill trees?
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#2tomster220Posted 10/13/2012 2:23:38 PM
Wait wait, didn't buy the game because of no manual?? ... I just... -leaves- -smh-
---
PSN : mashireaper
#3docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 2:24:32 PM
"hold off" meaning they decided to pick the game sometime later.
---
#4WakuWakuSevenPosted 10/13/2012 2:26:22 PM
Like it or not, most "gamers" don't read manuals anymore. Hence all the needless tutorials that plague games nowadays.

If nobody is going to read them, why waste money.
---
http://youtu.be/U753NYo32Ww
PSN: enjionPS / XBLA: Hydrocity Zone
#5shnake234Posted 10/13/2012 2:27:28 PM
just get a pdf online and print it yourself if you want it so badly
---
psn:BA-BEN-G
"I Feel Asleep"
#6docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 2:33:22 PM
how does Capcom know people don't read them? It's just a matter of how they put the manual together. If it's interesting, then people will surely read them. When I'm bored or on my way back home routine from the game store, I have the habit of opening the case up and briefly browse through the manual. It just doesn't make any sense not to have anything besides the game. If they're going that route, they might as well change the design of the case as it just seems waste of space not having a manual.
---
#7docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 2:40:45 PM
@shnake234

doesn't that cost extra money out of your pocket? You see, you are paying 59.99 plus tax for a game and more than likely you are normally expecting to see a manual inside whether you read them or not. If it's a waste of money producing them, then why not reduce the price of the game at launch? 5 dollars off doesn't sound like a bad deal even if it cost more to produce each manual. What may be the reason behind this is that Capcom either thinks is ok with us assuming that they got the message that we like to be green or they spent too much on marketing that they decided to make some cuts here and there as much as possible.
---
#8SnoopydancePosted 10/13/2012 2:41:19 PM
Probably could count them on one hand.
---

#9chaos_belmontPosted 10/13/2012 2:45:03 PM
They probably think that most of you can't read.. not a stretch to assume.
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#10Mr_Big_BossPosted 10/13/2012 2:46:06 PM
Games don't need manuals anymore. Developers aren't restricted by memory like they were on old NES carts.
They can include everything you need to know in the game. The majority of people never touch the manual. It's just a waste of money and trees to print them.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...