How many people hold off on buying b/c lack of physical manual?

#21sfvfkofPosted 10/13/2012 3:15:49 PM
I doubt people hold off. Heck, if people aren't on message boards how would they even know the game didn't come with one until it was too late.

Personally I hate the idea of no manual. I like manuals because sometimes they have nice artwork, or more info on the story then you get from the game, I take the manual to work (and school when i was younger) to familiarize myself with some of the extra abilities in the game (tutorials normally tell you the move/ability once or twice and then later i forget them)
#22docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 3:22:33 PM
I also see it as another form of appreciation. You are paying 60 whopping dollars for a game, so Capcom oughta thank us for it or at least put more effort into the packaging. It's worth what you pay for.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#23DELTAEMBRYOPosted 10/13/2012 3:25:02 PM
skillz302008 posted...
they give you tips during loading screens anyway. game isn't that difficult to the point you need one

Manuals are not only about the info they provide. They are about the illustration of various game aspects (gameplay info, game universe info, concept art, taking notes space--game mechanics element, useful game contacts etc), in physical form (paper feel, smell, heaviness) in an interesting typographical way (composition of text and images at a defined physical space). Its a cherised physical companion of a game's digital space.
#24RyuuHou25Posted 10/13/2012 3:27:43 PM
Anyone that did this deserves a slap in the face.....seriously
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#25docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 3:28:42 PM
gaming has evolved over time, even gamers. It's become a tradition for the common gamer to have manuals.
---
#26pencruPosted 10/13/2012 3:32:57 PM
tomster220 posted...
Wait wait, didn't buy the game because of no manual?? ... I just... -leaves- -smh-
#27docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 3:34:15 PM
even if we are going green, there are far better alternatives. There are people responsible for this type of of things. It might even be cheaper than we thought.
---
#28EzraGenesisPosted 10/13/2012 3:38:29 PM
Gaming HAS evolved, but now a days, most games don't come with manuals anymore. It doesn't really bother me. I usually buy strategy guides with my games anyway.
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis
#29docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 3:41:06 PM
^I don't think that's true. It's true for some publishers that they stopped producing manuals, but I wouldn't say most.
---
#30docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 3:43:22 PM
there was one publisher that received complaints for the lack of a manual. They started releasing them again.
---