Ada and Simmons (spoilers)

#1CoiledViperPosted 10/16/2012 7:03:04 AM
Can someone explain to me the past between Ada and Simmons?

If it's in a file I haven't got it, or if it EVER got explained I missed it. I understand Simmon's motivations due to Ada, but what happened there? Was it a one night stand, did they use to date or something? What was Simmons relationship with Ada that got him obsessed in the first place?
---
What doesn't kill you, will probably leave a nasty scar
#2soulabcPosted 10/16/2012 7:05:50 AM
ADA AND DEREK
The creed of Derek C. Simmons is "stability."
The organization he commands, "The Family", pulls the strings in the background and secretly maneuvers in the world behind the scenes for the preservation of world stability.
However, his encounter with Ada Wong allowed the first wind and waves to rise in his, until then, smooth mind.
Simmons appreciated Ada Wong as an excellent spy, and placed in his hands, he imposed many orders on her for his own ideals and ambitions.
However, at the time of the Raccoon incident of 1998, Ada knew Simmons was involved with executing the "Sterilization Operation" that reduced Raccoon City to ashes and began to regard Simmons as dangerous, and severed all connections.
This one matter agitated Simmons for the first time. He harbored a distorted attachment/love for Ada, who possessed genius characteristics just like himself, and he was unable to acknowledge the fact "Ada Wong left him." Simmons carried out a plan filled with madness, to "get Ada back."
There is a note left by Simmons when he lost Ada.
---
"Ada has left me!
Why? We should have been the best partners.
She is the most beautiful and intelligent human being I have seen in this world.
She alone is the only being allowed to stand beside me. She should have known that!
Alas, Ada Wong has disappeared from my side...
Since she's gone, I'll just have to create her"
#3Crimson_RexPosted 10/16/2012 7:11:44 AM
Ada worked with Simmons before Raccoon City got destroyed. After it's destruction, she left his company. He however, was obsessed with her, hence turning Carla's apperance to that of Ada.
---
Ancient Ogre X Alpha-152: Weird Romance
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#4CoiledViper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2012 11:36:46 AM
Thanks, pisses me off that in order to flesh out the story I have to locate those damn medallions

*misses the old days of collecting files*
---
#5YeahurwrongPosted 10/18/2012 2:11:53 PM
CoiledViper posted...
Thanks, pisses me off that in order to flesh out the story I have to locate those damn medallions

looking for medallions and collecting hidden files are the same thing it's hardly any different quit crying
---
PSN: Sonic8129 YouTube: Naruto491multigamer
#6CoiledViper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2012 2:28:41 PM
Yeahurwrong posted...
CoiledViper posted...

looking for medallions and collecting hidden files are the same thing it's hardly any different quit crying

The files weren't hidden in the past, they were right out in the open usually in the path of the player. Medallions are intentionally obscured.

I didn't realize I was crying about it... if you have such a bad reaction to valid criticism....

I can only imagine how hurt you get when your Mom tells you that you are terrible in bed
---
#7DreadnoughtXPosted 10/18/2012 3:11:16 PM
CoiledViper posted...
Yeahurwrong posted...
CoiledViper posted...

The files weren't hidden in the past, they were right out in the open usually in the path of the player. Medallions are intentionally obscured.

I didn't realize I was crying about it... if you have such a bad reaction to valid criticism....

I can only imagine how hurt you get when your Mom tells you that you are terrible in bed

Respect. Respect. If he's being an ... u don't have to drop yourself to his level.

Back on topic, I agree completely with you. I like how in RE4 the files are in obvious places and you can read them during your game play. Although it might slow down game play, it makes you understand the story much more. I think they might've changed it to the emblems so that the flow of the game will be better. But I agree with you, I like RE4 style better.
#8YumeNoHatePosted 10/18/2012 3:37:15 PM
I, too, miss files that would be scattered around. In RE4/5 it served as a bit of a break from the action.
---
PSN: CorLibertas