Leon's Final Boss......W...T...F...(spoilers)

#51Jonathan_F_GPosted 10/21/2012 11:58:01 AM
jsquad4136 posted...
koroko_korobase posted...
Play Chris' last for the full effect.

Chris's final boss had NO affect on me. It didn't feel like a real finale. It was creepy sure but There was hardly any build up to it. The ending was alright but the boss itself was pretty weak. I'd be pissed if I saved it for last. I got it out of the way as soon as possible.

No affect?

Leon and Helena saved 2 countries.

Chris and Piers.... Saved the WORLD.
---
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.
#52Jonathan_F_GPosted 10/21/2012 12:02:24 PM
chaoszieg posted...
the topic is Leon's final boss, so why does everyone keep talking about T-rex simmons? the final boss was Lord of fly's Simmons...

LMFAO!
---
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.
#53DocDeliciousPosted 10/21/2012 12:03:39 PM
sflowers539 posted...
I'm sure the rest of the game will be better though.

It's not. All the end-boss fights are pretty much the same. Much less annoying once you've figured out the gimmick though.
Just make sure you don't waste bullets needlessly. Most of the initial boss-fights can be finished with a handgun or some without firing a single shot.
---
Playing - Demon's/Dark Souls, Monster Hunter FU, Resonance of Fate, Devil May Cry HD Col, Dishonored, Katamari Forever, Resident Evil 6
PSN: DocDelicious
#54GForce9xPosted 10/21/2012 12:28:22 PM
I've always thought it was odd that with a lot of recent RE boss fights, you can unload entire boxes of ammunition and explosives on them and they'll keep on coming. But land a few hard punches or a couple of well-placed knife stabs and they'll drop in no time.
---
SSBB FC: 3265-4731-5268, MKWii FC: 3566-1975-9489
PSN: GForce9x
#55Jonathan_F_GPosted 10/21/2012 12:28:33 PM
DocDelicious posted...
sflowers539 posted...
I'm sure the rest of the game will be better though.

It's not. All the end-boss fights are pretty much the same. Much less annoying once you've figured out the gimmick though.
Just make sure you don't waste bullets needlessly. Most of the initial boss-fights can be finished with a handgun or some without firing a single shot.

Chris Ch. 5 >>>> Leon Ch. 5

The BIGGEST highlight of Leon Ch. 5 was all of Leon's scenes and exchanges with Ada. The rest of Leon Ch. 5 was one big, dumb, generic yet over the top cliche. The classic games handled these cliches MUCH, MUCH better.

Now Chris Ch. 5 on the otherhand.... Is the meat and potatoes of all the Biohazard 6 finales. Chris and Piers' final battle against the Haos was more true to the original Resident Evil than ANY of the other final battles in this game.

IMO, Chris has THE best Chapter 5 in the game. And this is coming from someone that prefers survival horror over horror action.
---
#56kikookPosted 10/21/2012 12:36:09 PM
The only boss I really hated from Leon's was when he became a dinosaur. It's overly long. The moth fight was really annoying because I was playing RE6 for too long and couldn't figure out the secret to finishing him.

TBH I can replay Leon's campaign and not have any fustrating boss fights, and I just beat it on professional, because now I know how to beat it. It's a WTF moment when when want to finish the game, but I doubt anyone who figured it out quickly, or doesn't care if they have to get off will really be bothered by it.
#57jsquad4136Posted 10/21/2012 12:41:05 PM
'As far as the gameplay is concerned, the fight against Wesker in 5 was just fine. It was much more personal as it highlighted the vendetta between Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker.

I hope you weren't expecting more out of that final battle against Wesker in 5 as far as gameplay goes. It was phenomenal enough. I mean seriously, you were expecting something better?'

You have VERY low standards if you think the Wesker fight was as good as it gets. All that build up and the final battle is a Wesker that is infused with killer worms, moves slow as hell and is a stretch armstrong wannabe? Wake the hell up. That guy has been around since the first Resident Evil, has been in the most games, and yet the final battle with him doesn't even involve his own virus. Just a bunch of worms and a shard of metal.

So you'll excuse people if they WERE 'expecting something better'.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."
#58sflowers539(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 1:20:29 PM
As a game for 25+ years, I normally love retro cues like the rocket launcher, but I was so fustrated after having to done down the difficulty to beat the F-ing spider that the rocket launcher just seemed annoying to me. I think I will still enjoy the game, but that last Leon battle sucked, the second campaign I am playing as Chris is off to a cool start.
#59Blackmarvel79Posted 10/21/2012 1:27:24 PM
sflowers539 posted...
Did anyone else find this boss fight not enjoyable at all, with the final of what seemed to be 40 stages of the guy when it was a spider, hard, frustrating, and obscure on what to do? I can almost always beat games like this on the first try with no help from a guide, but in this case I had to look it up in the strategy guide, watch it on youtube as it was still not clear, could not even find a great youtube clip of it, and for the second or third time had to tone it down to amateuras after a couple hours I could still not beat it and it was driving me nuts. That is only the second time in 20 years I remember lowering the difficulty mid-game for something. Maybe I went into the fight with too little ammo and that was hurting me, but I have had half hour fights on the normal diffuclty, and still could not polish the thing off. The game was growing on me finally but that set it back, luckily Leon was my first campaign, hopefully there is no other experience like that in the others.

Need some practice bro. That fight was easy.
---
Currently playing Ninja Gaidan 3 and Resident Evil 6.
#60Jonathan_F_GPosted 10/21/2012 3:45:43 PM(edited)
jsquad4136 posted...
'As far as the gameplay is concerned, the fight against Wesker in 5 was just fine. It was much more personal as it highlighted the vendetta between Chris Redfield and Albert Wesker.

I hope you weren't expecting more out of that final battle against Wesker in 5 as far as gameplay goes. It was phenomenal enough. I mean seriously, you were expecting something better?'

You have VERY low standards if you think the Wesker fight was as good as it gets. All that build up and the final battle is a Wesker that is infused with killer worms, moves slow as hell and is a stretch armstrong wannabe? Wake the hell up. That guy has been around since the first Resident Evil, has been in the most games, and yet the final battle with him doesn't even involve his own virus. Just a bunch of worms and a shard of metal.

So you'll excuse people if they WERE 'expecting something better'.

No, my standards aren't low at all. I'm just realistic about things and give credit when credit is due.

Look I wanted something more subtle yet epic from the final fight with Wesker in 5. It was epic in the sense of actual gameplay and the scope of the fight's mood inducing presentation. You can't deny that.

Was Wesker's final form what I was looking for? Absolutely not. But you can't deny the fact that the battle inside the volcano was epic. And I'd rather have a fight with Wesker than another mad man knockoff like Simmons any day.

Obviously, I wanted better closure for Wesker in 5. The actual closure he received in 5 was pure s*** and poorly handled. The actual final fight against him as far as gameplay and mood appeal is something COMPLETELY different. Once again, I wanted something more subtle but still epic without have to go COMPLETELY over the top (Maybe have Sheva get knocked out and let Chris have the final finish against Wesker). On that issue, I totally agree with you and have ALWAYS agreed that Wesker's closure was terrible since the day I beat Biohazard 5 in 2009:

But that is ANOTHER issue from just arguing whether or not the final fight against Wesker in that game was epic. Most people would disagree that the fight was NOT epic.

So before you question my standards, know the actual issue in question.... Kay?
---