Are some Resident Evil games non canon?

#1cheatermasterPosted 10/21/2012 11:54:50 PM
I heard there are some Resident Evil games that are non canon and have nothing to do with the main storyline. I thought all of the RE games were canon? If some of them are non canon, then which RE games are canon and which are non canon? Cause I heard RE Opertaion Racoon City is non canon, but then again I'm not even sure if it's true or not.
#2AnimesetsunaPosted 10/21/2012 11:56:38 PM
ORC is non canon.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I like Kana Hanazawa (>_<)
#3AgentX7kPosted 10/22/2012 12:01:16 AM
Resident Evil: Gaiden isn't
#4miky90Posted 10/22/2012 12:15:12 AM
Gaiden and Operation Raccoon City are surely non canon.
The 2 Chronicles games are canon only when they depict new things (like the fall of umbrella, the whole TALOS thing and operation Javier), while the retelling of the stories of the previous games are "non canon", in the sense that they are merely a summary of what happened.
Dead Aim is generally considered canon but it has to be confirmed.
The 2 Outbreaks aren't canon (from what I know).
Gun Survivor 2 is canon, but it's only a nightmare Claire has after code veronica. For canon dialogues and events you have to refer to CVX.
#5The ChadPosted 10/22/2012 12:15:38 AM
These are all canon:
Resident Evil/REmake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil spin-off games that may have a lot or a little to do with the main story but are still considered canon :
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (The new levels)
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (The new levels)
Resident Evil: Outbreak File 1 and 2
Resident Evil: Survivor
Resident Evil: Dead Aim

Non-Canon:
Resident Evil Gaiden
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Resident Evil: Degeneration (Game)
Resident Evil: Gun Survivor 2 (well, I guess it's canon if you want to consider the fact that it's just a dream Claire had.)

Anyone can correct my list if they wish.
#6cheatermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 12:27:14 AM
And I always thought all the RE games were canon.
#7miky90Posted 10/22/2012 2:55:58 AM
Your list is perfect, just one thing I don't get. Why are the two outbreaks game canon? Hasn't it been stated that the only survivors of Raccoon City are Leon, Claire, Sherry, Ada, Hunk, Jill, Carlos and Nicholai?
Of course correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the government would have hunted (like it did with the others survivors, except for the ones that work for other companies) those outbreaks survivors if other people (expecially, civillians) managed to get out from the city knowing the truth.
#8shadowsofdawnPosted 10/22/2012 2:56:59 AM
RE6 is apparently non-canon
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#9SiLVeR_420Posted 10/22/2012 3:02:54 AM
miky90 posted...
Your list is perfect, just one thing I don't get. Why are the two outbreaks game canon? Hasn't it been stated that the only survivors of Raccoon City are Leon, Claire, Sherry, Ada, Hunk, Jill, Carlos and Nicholai?
Of course correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the government would have hunted (like it did with the others survivors, except for the ones that work for other companies) those outbreaks survivors if other people (expecially, civillians) managed to get out from the city knowing the truth.

I don't think the outbreak cast knows about Umbrella and stuff like that.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#10The ChadPosted 10/22/2012 10:53:12 PM
miky90 posted...

I believe that some parts of the two games could have happened, but some couldn't have happened. For example, one of the bosses in Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 is killed (finished off) in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, and if fitted with each other. So to some extent, some parts did happen. But there are some definite contradictions within the two games. I guess we'll just never know how much of it was canon.