How much better would it have been if (SPOILERS)

#1mMarikomPosted 10/28/2012 10:30:27 AM
Chris was the one who injected himself with the C-Virus and sacrificed himself instead of Piers, sort of bridging into a new era with Piers/Sherry/Jake (/technically Sheva since she's young enough to still fit in their category).

I really feel like the torch needs to be passed over at this point...as much history as we have with Jill, Chris, Ada, Leon, etc. they're getting old. One of them could technically fulfill the "Barry" role of older member of the team...but if anyone that seems like it should be Claire because of her lack of exposure...

Also here's hoping the "Organization" doesn't get any Ada cloning ideas...
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#2aznStaRBoYPosted 10/28/2012 10:32:02 AM
I certainly agree. Chris was never an endearing character, and he needs to stay drunk rather than come again. Best if he just fades away, like Billy, Becky, or Carlos.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]
#3BIack_DynamitePosted 10/28/2012 10:40:54 AM
Im glad it happened the way it did. Chris dying was a cliche that everyone thought would happen. Thy are not old. They're not young either, but I'd prefer they stay on as the main protagonists. Everyone else is a supporting character in the big picture, even Ada and Sheva.

And Capcom always think up a scenario where the protagonist dies at the end of each game, but never go with it.
#4StupidMofozPosted 10/28/2012 10:50:27 AM
BIack_Dynamite posted...
Everyone else is a supporting character in the big picture, even Ada

Ada was pretty much the most important character in 2, 4, and 6. Her actions shape the events of other games. 2 She obtained the g virus sample for Wesker, 4 she obtained a plaga sample, and 6 speaks for itself.
#5BIack_DynamitePosted 10/28/2012 10:54:22 AM
StupidMofoz posted...
BIack_Dynamite posted...
Everyone else is a supporting character in the big picture, even Ada

Ada was pretty much the most important character in 2, 4, and 6. Her actions shape the events of other games. 2 She obtained the g virus sample for Wesker, 4 she obtained a plaga sample, and 6 speaks for itself.

She's a supporting character. The biggest one, but still supporting.
#6mMarikom(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2012 10:56:30 AM
BIack_Dynamite posted...
Im glad it happened the way it did. Chris dying was a cliche that everyone thought would happen. Thy are not old. They're not young either, but I'd prefer they stay on as the main protagonists. Everyone else is a supporting character in the big picture, even Ada and Sheva.

And Capcom always think up a scenario where the protagonist dies at the end of each game, but never go with it.

They're not old yet but in 5 years everyone will be in their 40's...
---
PSN: Arent_We_Clever
3DS Friend Code: 2234 8016 4687 Nickname: Mariko
#7Roll_kix_azzPosted 10/28/2012 10:59:05 AM
I think according to an interview they said they originally wanted it to be Chris who injected himself, but scrapped the idea in fear of "fan backlash."
---
Remember: Roll is FTW, ppl who h8 her are FTL. This is a golden rule
Official Ino of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 board
#8YunFang1130Posted 10/28/2012 11:47:01 AM
Roll_kix_azz posted...
I think according to an interview they said they originally wanted it to be Chris who injected himself, but scrapped the idea in fear of "fan backlash."

If its okay, could you send a link? I haven't been able to find that interview.
#9Mr_Big_BossPosted 10/28/2012 2:27:42 PM
Roll_kix_azz posted...

You don't need a link for something like that. Chris has been the main character since the first game came out. There would be a lot of fan backlash had they killed him or Leon.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#10longstorm555Posted 10/28/2012 2:33:26 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
Roll_kix_azz posted...

You don't need a link for something like that. Chris has been the main character since the first game came out. There would be a lot of fan backlash had they killed him or Leon.

this.
and if you want the link, type out 'interview' in the search box. there are three/four topics here about this interview.