this game is getting pretty stale

#11Dark_SpiretPosted 11/3/2012 12:42:58 AM
honestly i felt RE5 was a bit of a special case. no other RE really had the replay value that 5 did(or came close to it and that includes RE4). While its unfortunate that 6 didn't improve on that it did add more quantity to the campaigns. chances are if you wanted to plat both youd probably be playing them for about the same amount of time regardless of all the extra stuff that 5 had.
---
Currently playing: FTL - X-COM: EU - Hotline Miami
#12zombie_basher13Posted 11/3/2012 12:46:31 AM
Icefang526 posted...
I think I played too much, too fast. I clocked over 75 hours in about 2 week's time, and now I'm just really tired of it. I think it would have helped if the online co-op was better-implemented, but it's not.

And now, I find myself replaying old PS1 games. Is it just me, or do they just not make games like the good old days anymore...?

A lot of new games these days are dreadful. I find myself becoming more of a retro gamer, enjoying old games like original Zelda, Doom, and Megaman, as newer stuff becomes more and more watered down. But there is still so much good stuff coming out, like next year will be very great indeed.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#13Icefang526Posted 11/3/2012 12:51:40 AM
Billysan posted...
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
Icefang526 posted...
I think I played too much, too fast. I clocked over 75 hours in about 2 week's time, and now I'm just really tired of it. I think it would have helped if the online co-op was better-implemented, but it's not.

And now, I find myself replaying old PS1 games. Is it just me, or do they just not make games like the good old days anymore...?

Its not just you. The days of Final Fantasy IX and Dark Cloud 2 have come and gone, now is the time of shallow games waiting to drown in DLC.

Why in the hell are you comparing RPGs to a action game...!?

There are still long JRPGs out there buddy. Looks at Xenoblade.

The old school RE games are shorter than than the new school RE games. Even with the few extra outfits and weapons in them.

Thing is, once every few years, I am filled with a sudden and desperate urge to replay those old titles all over again. I don't imagine myself doing the same with RE6. In fact, very few games make me feel that way nowadays. I think the magic that made a lot of old classics truly great is fast disappearing from today's videogame market. Every now and then you'll get a game like MGS4 that rekindles the feeling, but it's a rare happening.

Lol, I'm starting to feel like an old man reminiscing on the "glorious past." :P
#14FellDudePosted 11/3/2012 1:43:58 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Lack of campaign costumes, extra weapons, heck regular weapons in each campaign, mercs stages made me lose interest in this game already. I played RE5 for years (and still do from time to time) due to all the unlockables it had even before the DLC came out.

I'm thinking about selling this as several other games are holding my interest now... :(

I dont know what to do.....

Sadly most Capcom games do become stale rather fast these days as they strip out most extra content(or what would have been extra content in the past, i.e., costumes, hidden characters, modes.) and now sell it to you as dlc.

So if you don't mind paying through the nose for those now optional extras the game still has plenty of life.

Of course with this game they are trying to clean up their profiteering image by releasing some significant dlc for free. But I'll bet they didn't start making it with that intent.

Anyway Capcom = give them your wallet or wait less than a year for their super ultimate goty gold edition if you want your game to be complete.
---
Of all the game consoles ever made, the Xbox 360 is the one closest to perfecting the hundred percent failure rate. - Former Owner of 3 of Microsoft Xbox 360's.
#15RekoisCoolPosted 11/3/2012 1:52:35 AM
Billysan posted...
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
Icefang526 posted...

Its not just you. The days of Final Fantasy IX and Dark Cloud 2 have come and gone, now is the time of shallow games waiting to drown in DLC.

The old school RE games are shorter than than the new school RE games. Even with the few extra outfits and weapons in them.

You know the world is ending when Resident Evil is considered an action game...
#16EduardoESRPosted 11/3/2012 2:41:18 AM
RekoisCool posted...

RE was always more action oriented than other survival horrors, such as Silent Hill. Sincerely, If anything, this is the way Resident Evil was supposed to be. The reason we didn't have more action before was because of the limitations the old consoles + crappy engine had.
#17DarkchocolateXPosted 11/3/2012 2:43:05 AM
Billysan posted...
Kurama2 posted...
Billysan posted...
Jarred623 posted...
Heh, I just beat Leon's campaign for the first time, and I already think it's stale. Just not enough substance IMO.
Probably going to get lots of Capcom DLC so they can try to rob our money.

Maybe you know play the other 20 hours of the game before saying it lacks substance.

The campaign is absolutely awful.

What is the campaign.

The movie The Campaign was fairly awful though.

It had its moments... Nah JK that movie was awful idd.
#18BillysanPosted 11/3/2012 2:55:25 AM
RekoisCool posted...
Billysan posted...
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
Icefang526 posted...

Meh I've always seen the series has a action adventure game.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#19borjman22Posted 11/3/2012 3:00:01 AM
my game clock is 100 hours,got the hardcore title..im beginning to get burnt out.. unless they release those stupid dlc! way to go current gen! you destroyed the days were everything was on disc and complete!
#20doraemonllh1989Posted 11/3/2012 3:10:09 AM
Agree

the main problem i have with this game

- NO EXTRA UNLOCKS LIKE WEAPONS AND COSTUMES

wtf,because of this i dont even wanna play pro mode,i just complete veteran mode and never touch it again
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)