this game is getting pretty stale

#21Virtue777Posted 11/3/2012 3:10:50 AM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
Icefang526 posted...
I think I played too much, too fast. I clocked over 75 hours in about 2 week's time, and now I'm just really tired of it. I think it would have helped if the online co-op was better-implemented, but it's not.

And now, I find myself replaying old PS1 games. Is it just me, or do they just not make games like the good old days anymore...?

Its not just you. The days of Final Fantasy IX and Dark Cloud 2 have come and gone, now is the time of shallow games waiting to drown in DLC.

Someone else already mentioned it, but if you haven't played Xenoblade yet... make it happen. Do what you have to. Xenoblade is easily the best JRPG to be released in so long and it holds true to the spirit of classic JRPGs while pushing the genre forward by providing an engaging battle system, great soundtrack, memorable story and expansive world. Seriously, it's amazing.

On that topic, I do think most modern games are pretty bad. You have to sift through mountains of mediocrity to find anything enjoyable. I'm starting to reach the point where I'm beginning to give up and just let myself get sucked into PC games like League of Legends, Guild Wars 2 and WoW. It's not that I can't enjoy modern games. Hell, I even loved Final Fantasy XIII which is significantly worse than previous entries in the FF franchise IMO. It's just harder to find those games that stick with you for a long time. Games that are so good you stop and think about them once in a while...those seem rare these days. Maybe I'm just getting old.
#22Kurama2Posted 11/3/2012 3:13:17 AM
Couldn't get into Xenoblade, the combat was so awful.
---
Leaf
#23Ryan-06Posted 11/3/2012 3:14:08 AM
Just go back to COD tc. Like it says in your sig.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#24BallroompiratePosted 11/3/2012 3:23:17 AM
EduardoESR posted...
RekoisCool posted...
You know the world is ending when Resident Evil is considered an action game...

RE was always more action oriented than other survival horrors, such as Silent Hill. Sincerely, If anything, this is the way Resident Evil was supposed to be. The reason we didn't have more action before was because of the limitations the old consoles + crappy engine had.

Pretty much spot on. RE has always had action in it. Even RE1 had action in it (escaping the mansion before it blows up is cliche action). RE2 had action in it (exploding Helicopters,machine guns and even more explosions).RE3 had action in it (even more machine guns and more explosions). In fact you'd find it hard press to find a RE game w/o action.

The only survival horror aspect RE games had was

*limited ammo
*cheesy scares

The last RE game that made me jump was the RE1 remake, before that it was RE2.Also these current RE games are a hell lot longer than the originals, I can easily beat RE2 in under an hour (w/o the rocket launcher).
---
You're supposed to be acting like Conan. You just take her and she will willingly submit to you. It's the Law of Conan.--StarVengerPoPo--
#25Zmapper33Posted 11/3/2012 3:57:39 AM
I think games are much better than they used to be. Sure, there are all those great classics, but overall there are much more good games today than in the past. With the old consoles you could go months with nothing then finally a good game would be released that you would play for months. Now days it seems like nearly every week or two there is a pretty decent game coming out to the point that it is pretty much impossible to keep up on them all.
#26TychusFindleePosted 11/3/2012 4:04:48 AM
Icefang526 posted...
I think I played too much, too fast. I clocked over 75 hours in about 2 week's time, and now I'm just really tired of it. I think it would have helped if the online co-op was better-implemented, but it's not.

And now, I find myself replaying old PS1 games. Is it just me, or do they just not make games like the good old days anymore...?

they dont, sadly.
most game companies only care about making money nowadays...
---
"Autogun's wreckin' FACE! "
- Axton complimenting his lady friend
#27XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 11/3/2012 8:32:13 AM
Virtue777 posted...
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
Icefang526 posted...

Its not just you. The days of Final Fantasy IX and Dark Cloud 2 have come and gone, now is the time of shallow games waiting to drown in DLC.

Someone else already mentioned it, but if you haven't played Xenoblade yet... make it happen. Do what you have to. Xenoblade is easily the best JRPG to be released in so long and it holds true to the spirit of classic JRPGs while pushing the genre forward by providing an engaging battle system, great soundtrack, memorable story and expansive world. Seriously, it's amazing.

On that topic, I do think most modern games are pretty bad. You have to sift through mountains of mediocrity to find anything enjoyable. I'm starting to reach the point where I'm beginning to give up and just let myself get sucked into PC games like League of Legends, Guild Wars 2 and WoW. It's not that I can't enjoy modern games. Hell, I even loved Final Fantasy XIII which is significantly worse than previous entries in the FF franchise IMO. It's just harder to find those games that stick with you for a long time. Games that are so good you stop and think about them once in a while...those seem rare these days. Maybe I'm just getting old.

The best jrpg made in the last few years was Resonance of Fate. If you haven't played it you MUST!
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#28sehr0Posted 11/3/2012 8:35:29 AM
so burned out right now, going to take a break until the update.
#29zombie_basher13Posted 11/3/2012 2:07:34 PM
Icefang526 posted...

Also, I forgot to say that, DUDE, come on, why are you complaining anyway? While I agree with you that gaming isn't as good these days, I also think 75 hours is more than good enough for an RE game. Think about it. You put 75 hours in 2 weeks, OF COURSE, you're gonna get tired of it, put that amount of time in any game in that span of time and you will get sick of it unless it's really, really, REALLY good which is extremely rare in ANY game generation. That's the kind of time that goes into a big RPG, but 75 hours in Resident EVil when old RE's took like 4-5 hours to beat max? Yea quit your complainin please.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#30BallroompiratePosted 11/3/2012 2:34:55 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Icefang526 posted...

Also, I forgot to say that, DUDE, come on, why are you complaining anyway? While I agree with you that gaming isn't as good these days, I also think 75 hours is more than good enough for an RE game. Think about it. You put 75 hours in 2 weeks, OF COURSE, you're gonna get tired of it, put that amount of time in any game in that span of time and you will get sick of it unless it's really, really, REALLY good which is extremely rare in ANY game generation. That's the kind of time that goes into a big RPG, but 75 hours in Resident EVil when old RE's took like 4-5 hours to beat max? Yea quit your complainin please.

The longest "old school" RE game would probably be RE CV, you're correct on the other RE games being only a few hours long.
---
You're supposed to be acting like Conan. You just take her and she will willingly submit to you. It's the Law of Conan.--StarVengerPoPo--