Does it fell too much like Call of Duty to you

#31xESRPosted 11/4/2012 1:04:30 AM
I don't see were people are getting this, It feels NOTHING like CoD or BF, perhaps a little like UC, but still, they're both VERY different.
#32AnimesetsunaPosted 11/4/2012 1:04:49 AM
shuin_exe posted...
What about battlefield? Why only compare this to Cod?

I never understand what gamers think on these days -_-

COD is much popular than BF.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>_<)
#33Ryan-06Posted 11/4/2012 1:13:26 AM
No is my answer.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#34GumpNationPosted 11/4/2012 1:30:02 AM
Well.. Yes, in the sense it moved away from Survival Action Horror and headed into the straight up action category.

Even the Enemies now are intelligent, can use guns, cover etc. They are basically CoD enemies with Resident Evil skins splashed on them.

The only way to take the game back to it's roots of Survival Action Horror, is to make a game devoid of the main-characters.

I mean, I guess you COULD make a game like the originals with Claire and possibly Rebecca headlining it, but an Average Joe/Jane would make more sense. Someone who isn't trained to fight these things, doesn't know much about them etc.

To be honest, this genre is the way this series was always heading. You can't have Survival Horror when your main-Characters are Leon (Trained against Bio-Terrorism, and has seen his share of Outbreaks), Chris (Trained against Bio-Terrorism, and has seen his share of Outbreaks) etc. because they are trained for this now.

My opinion? They should bring back the rest of the main cast (Claire, Rebecca, Billy etc.) and get that game done, then move onto Average Joes/Janes for the next series/reboot.

Maybe at the end of Resident Evil 7 a global outbreak of the T-Virus turns 80% or more of the worlds population into Zombies (You want to move away from Javo and the like) and in Resident Evil 8 you start as some random Joe/Jane in some random Country (Your choosing, it would be like your origin story) and the game goes back to being about surviving while trying to locate your family/wife/children etc. the main-characters would have cameo's within the story (provided they are alive)
#35LordcrabfoodPosted 11/4/2012 2:34:39 AM
Not really, the franchise has just changed into the action genre. It is a shame but in these difficult economic times, companies will go with what they feel will be safe.
#36Hawke0Posted 11/4/2012 3:06:37 AM
ravenscourge posted...
I liked that part in MW4 where Capt Price was on the ship and the Russians started growing regenerating arms and armor-legs and sucking people's faces off while they laid the "eggs" to make new Regenerussians pop out of their bellies. Makarov was working for Neo-Umbrella the whole time.

Epic comment.
Also, you've already played MW4? That must be it's plot...
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
Metroid Other M is no longer in the top 10 Wii message boards thanks to yours truly :).
#37Hawke0Posted 11/4/2012 3:12:08 AM
GumpNation posted...
Well.. Yes, in the sense it moved away from Survival Action Horror and headed into the straight up action category.

Even the Enemies now are intelligent, can use guns, cover etc. They are basically CoD enemies with Resident Evil skins splashed on them.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
Metroid Other M is no longer in the top 10 Wii message boards thanks to yours truly :).
#38Reginleif20Posted 11/4/2012 4:04:23 AM
sflowers539 posted...
Especially Chrisís campaign but even Leonís and the other feel too much like COD, with the massive gunfights, holding off waves of attackers objectives, truck chases, more large group operations, rescuing hostages, fallen soldiers, ectÖ

Come to think of it, maybe just a bit. Perhaps that's why this game is so damn disappointing
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#39SamA7XPosted 11/4/2012 4:06:56 AM
If you think this game reminds you of Call of Duty then you clearly have it on the brain 24/7, just because a game has guns doesnt make it like Call of Duty, your acting like Call of Duty was the first ever game to have guns in it.
---
PSN: VII_foREVer_VII
(the "I" in "VII" is a capital "i" not a undercase "L")
#40Reginleif20Posted 11/4/2012 4:08:56 AM
SamA7X posted...
If you think this game reminds you of Call of Duty then you clearly have it on the brain 24/7, just because a game has guns doesnt make it like Call of Duty, your acting like Call of Duty was the first ever game to have guns in it.

Nah, RE is becoming less of a horror game and more of a shooter
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it