If capcom kept making the games the same instead of changing it with 4...

#1orpheus_telos84Posted 11/6/2012 5:46:46 PM
This series would've faded into mediocrity just like Silent Hill. Tank controlls have no place in a game from this console generation (or the last for that matter). They are just plain awful and they always were. There was little innovation between the first three titles and the scarcity of ammo didn't add suspense, only uneeded frustration. Static backgrounds are lazy and were only implemented due to the console limitations at the time. Fixed camera angles are pointless and are just another cheap excuse to get a cheap jump scare out of the player.

Tldr; Neo Biohazard>Old Biohazard.
---
Double Cheese Deluxe, in a penguin tux.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#2Diablo56789Posted 11/6/2012 5:49:57 PM
RE4 and RE6 were great. RE5 however was terrible. so not all Neo Biohazard is > than Old Biohazard
---
I've got a gun to your head!
S.T.A.R.S. Member: Nemesis STAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRSSSS PSN: FoS H I Zandgiggles (No spaces or caps)
#3edward18Posted 11/6/2012 5:50:50 PM
The series should have died rather than become what it did.

It gets attacked because it turned the main series into another kind of game. Yes, you could end with ammo overflowing in any of them and blah blah blah, but it was nothing like 4. 4 fed you ammo and health when you killed enemies. There was not a finite amount lying around that you could find. As long as there were enemies you were pretty much not in any danger of running out.

You were also no longer in a trapped environment. It kept moving you forward. You didn't backtrack and find interlocking areas by solving puzzles to delve deeper into the mystery of the game akin to the caliber that the old ones did. There wasn't detective work driving the gameplay. It was just a continual shootout. When there were notes they were just to alert you of the upcoming boss pretty much.

And then came the change of everything unrelated to gameplay. Abilities, character, and story. The story had nothing to do with anything else in the series. Some might say "well it's good to be standalone". By THAT point however, when you've reached the 6th main game in a continuing storyline you do not pull the crap that RE4 did. That's like having Halloween 3 happened after Halloween 5 or something instead of continuing Michael Meyers. You don't simply kill off Umbrella in an intro paragraph after all the old games have the ending being "time to take down Umbrella". Yes, they're a corporation that have stocks and yadda yadda yadda. But they're also a VIDEO GAME corporation. They practically controlled the Earth until news started getting out. Fortunately Umbrella Chronicles at least attempted to show a more proper downfall.

Now ability-wise Leon was just rediculous. A main character of THIS kind of series should not be able to ninja-flip through lasers and the crap that he pulled with his "super action movie secret agent" persona. Not to mention that out of ****ing nowhere he's now being sarcastic all the time getting rid of ANY tenseness and worry that you might have for the character.

---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4badjab326Posted 11/6/2012 5:51:09 PM
Diablo56789 posted...
RE4 and RE6 were great. RE5 however was terrible. so not all Neo Biohazard is > than Old Biohazard

RE5 would have been perfect if the atmosphere was like LiN the whole way through.
---
TTT2-Bruce & Bryan; UMvC3-Frank/Deadpool/Nems; MK9-Reptile
#5orpheus_telos84(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 5:54:22 PM
badjab326 posted...
Diablo56789 posted...

RE5 would have been perfect if the atmosphere was like LiN the whole way through.

Lost in Nightmares was awful imo.
---
Double Cheese Deluxe, in a penguin tux.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#6Diablo56789Posted 11/6/2012 6:21:08 PM(edited)
LiN had great atmosphere, but the gameplay was pretty dull to me. It tried to feel like your isolated but it didn't work for me. the enemies were cool at first, but fighting the same thing over 8 times is boring, especially when 50% of the map is simply running around them (they were very slow, no challenge) to find cranks, then go put the crank in the slot and squash them.

the crank part was pulled off pretty good but the enemies were lacking. the wesker fight at the end was also pretty bad.

and Edward, I like you, but man I disagree on almost every point you make. XD
---
I've got a gun to your head!
S.T.A.R.S. Member: Nemesis STAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRSSSS PSN: FoS H I Zandgiggles (No spaces or caps)
#7Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/6/2012 6:22:19 PM
Diablo56789 posted...

No.... I have to disagree.

BH5 is better than BH6. I think the new plot elements in BH6 make the series feel as convoluted as Castlevania.
---
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.
#8AnimesetsunaPosted 11/6/2012 6:39:21 PM
What RE need are scary atmosphere, more rooms & places to discover and explore, searching key & key card & items from room to room and from place to place, solve puzzles. I don't mind if they use TPS but what I want is not focusing on shooting but exploring and solving puzzles and searching items.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>_<)
#9Necro_Fear89Posted 11/6/2012 6:44:48 PM
I think it could have found a nice balance between the corridor, fixed camara, thriller it used to be and the action focus oriented game it has become. I for one am glad it changed from what it used to be, it gives the game a bit of freshness and keeps it from being stale. Maybe in the future they find the balance that can please both new and old fans, so instead of complaining how the series sucks like some fans just try to give feedback on what we want. So if 4 hadn't changed to a 3rd person game, I imagine by now the games would be getting really stale with the same formula.
---
I walk alone through empty fields, my hands are cold, my face is clay. I look for solace in the stars where emotions freely sway.
Member of TBWNN.
#10Wiiplayer111Posted 11/6/2012 6:45:50 PM
orpheus_telos84 posted...
the scarcity of ammo didn't add suspense, only uneeded frustration.

I don't think you understand the whole survival part of Resident Evil.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com