If capcom kept making the games the same instead of changing it with 4...

#11sflowers539Posted 11/6/2012 5:47:44 PM
I am not really happy with the way RE6 turned out as I expected better but I agree that changing things at RE4 was the right thing to do, and I think RE4 was a masterpiece, RE5 was great, RE6 is just very good.
#12Hawke0Posted 11/6/2012 5:49:35 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
orpheus_telos84 posted...
the scarcity of ammo didn't add suspense, only uneeded frustration.

I don't think you understand the whole survival part of Resident Evil.

I agree, but old RE gave you way too much ammo.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#13Cartwheel_KickPosted 11/6/2012 5:50:59 PM
The controls were an inevitable change, but they could still have made horror games. Actually, just take 4, 5 and 6 and change the military/war-esque parts for creepier chapters and I don't think you'd hear many people complain.

Seriously RE4 had pretty awesome parts as far as RE games go.
---
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
#14AnimesetsunaPosted 11/6/2012 5:51:10 PM
4 is the first thing that people going to hate because of change. And there are people who like 4.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>_<)
#15Hawke0Posted 11/6/2012 5:54:35 PM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
The controls were an inevitable change, but they could still have made horror games. Actually, just take 4, 5 and 6 and change the military/war-esque parts for creepier chapters and I don't think you'd hear many people complain.

People will complain about any change, whether or not the important things (horror, exploration, stealth, whatever) are retained. Look at Metroid Prime and Metal Gear Solid 4.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#16XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 11/6/2012 6:08:15 PM
Silent Hill faded to mediocrity because of the loss of the Japanese team that used to make. The western devs try to do a good job with it but they can't match what Team Silent did for the series.

As for Resident Evil, I think the main problem with the classics is not that they were getting stale, but that the sequels they were coming out with (like CVX and Zero) weren't very good. REmake and the Outbreak games were some of the last survival horror games and they turned out just fine. The Outbreaks probably would have done even better if the mechanics weren't so difficult.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#17ZephranthesPosted 11/6/2012 6:11:04 PM
Silent Hill died and was reborn into hellish unlife because KONAMI is a snuffling pack of cretins who like to incinerate money.
#18XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 11/6/2012 6:12:06 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Cartwheel_Kick posted...

People will complain about any change, whether or not the important things (horror, exploration, stealth, whatever) are retained. Look at Metroid Prime and Metal Gear Solid 4.

I'm sure there are people that would've complained because you can't please everyone but they would have made a lot more fans happy if they wouldn't have abandoned the horror style.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#19Ryan-06Posted 11/6/2012 6:15:12 PM
badjab326 posted...
Diablo56789 posted...
RE4 and RE6 were great. RE5 however was terrible. so not all Neo Biohazard is > than Old Biohazard

RE5 would have been perfect if the atmosphere was like LiN the whole way through.

Agree with both of these.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#20IIIRX7IIIPosted 11/6/2012 6:28:06 PM
Capcom needs to take a look at some The Suffering gameplay and learn a thing or two from them. Now that was an excellent action/horror/TPS game: good atmosphere, incredibly creepy enemies and a nice backstory for each enemy.
---
PSN ID: Moy_X7
YouTube (BB matches and other games): http://www.youtube.com/user/RX7jkr