If capcom kept making the games the same instead of changing it with 4...

#21Hawke0Posted 11/6/2012 7:31:10 PM
Zephranthes posted...
Silent Hill died and was reborn into hellish unlife because KONAMI is a snuffling pack of cretins who like to incinerate money.

Did you hear how Hideo Kojima wanted to make a AAA Silent Hill game on the Fox Engine?
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#22tuznecotePosted 11/6/2012 7:32:30 PM
Someone put it like this on the Sonic board which made me think. (I shall adjust it to fit RE)

"There was no need to change the gameplay for the RE series. RE had an identity and if you didn't like it you should of pissed off and played something else".
Whilst there is an argument for evolving a series ontop of what its already done there is no real excuse for completely changing it. The series stood for a style of game and changing up its MAIN SERIES will piss alot of people off. (this is not an argument for spin offs)

Side note: Silent Hill has become crap because the games haven't harness what made the first 2 or 3 (depending who you are) good. The games have also failed to improve on its formula which is something different from changing it entirely.
#23BallroompiratePosted 11/6/2012 7:42:10 PM
orpheus_telos84 posted...
This series would've faded into mediocrity just like Silent Hill. Tank controlls have no place in a game from this console generation (or the last for that matter). They are just plain awful and they always were. There was little innovation between the first three titles and the scarcity of ammo didn't add suspense, only uneeded frustration. Static backgrounds are lazy and were only implemented due to the console limitations at the time. Fixed camera angles are pointless and are just another cheap excuse to get a cheap jump scare out of the player.

Tldr; Neo Biohazard>Old Biohazard.

Pretty much spot on, it baffles me how many people lack logic in life. If RE stayed the same as RE1-RECV the series would be flat out dead. The thing is though people will complain if the series stayed the same or as it is now, it's basically a no win scenario cause people just whine so much in life now and days.

I'm a big RE fan and I'll even admit RE1 got me into gaming. There has been bad RE games which are Gaiden,Survivor,RE0 and ORC. There has been great RE games like RE4,RE1 remake and RE2. Lastly every other game has it's merits (good and bad) like RE5,RE6,RE3,RE outbreak,RE outbreak 2,RE revelations,RE CV,RE1 DC and RE dead aim.

I still think the new RE is just as good as the old RE.
---
You're supposed to be acting like Conan. You just take her and she will willingly submit to you. It's the Law of Conan.--StarVengerPoPo--
#24tuznecotePosted 11/6/2012 7:46:02 PM
I still think the new RE is just as good as the old RE.

Would you not of liked the New RE to be a side series and the Old RE to continue on. Is there absolutely no argument for that?
#25ravenscourgePosted 11/6/2012 8:07:10 PM(edited)
tuznecote posted...
Someone put it like this on the Sonic board which made me think. (I shall adjust it to fit RE)

"There was no need to change the gameplay for the RE series. RE had an identity and if you didn't like it you should of pissed off and played something else".
Whilst there is an argument for evolving a series ontop of what its already done there is no real excuse for completely changing it. The series stood for a style of game and changing up its MAIN SERIES will piss alot of people off. (this is not an argument for spin offs)

Side note: Silent Hill has become crap because the games haven't harness what made the first 2 or 3 (depending who you are) good. The games have also failed to improve on its formula which is something different from changing it entirely.

Well said. The classics were fine as they were, and if you couldn't handle the camera or controls you could just piss off and play something else as far as I care. I've softened my stance over the years and I enjoy 4, 5, and 6 for what they are, but for me, no change was needed. Maybe it woulda died, maybe not, don't much care, it's all the distant past now.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#26ZephranthesPosted 11/6/2012 7:58:23 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Zephranthes posted...
Silent Hill died and was reborn into hellish unlife because KONAMI is a snuffling pack of cretins who like to incinerate money.

Did you hear how Hideo Kojima wanted to make a AAA Silent Hill game on the Fox Engine?

I think Kojima wants to do anything but Metal Gear at this point.
#27Hawke0Posted 11/6/2012 8:08:18 PM
Zephranthes posted...
Hawke0 posted...
Zephranthes posted...

I think Kojima wants to do anything but Metal Gear at this point.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4863123536086361&pid=15.1
But seriously, here's the link http://www.computerandvideogames.com/373783/features/hideo-kojima-could-cement-a-triple-a-silent-hill/#null
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#28Hannibal_WeskerPosted 11/6/2012 8:09:41 PM
"This series would've faded into mediocrity just like Silent Hill."

Silent Hill died off because Konami stopped making the games themselves, and instead invested in third rate fanfic games.

"Tank controlls have no place in a game from this console generation (or the last for that matter). They are just plain awful and they always were."

RE4 and 5 both had "HURR, DURR! TANK CONTRLSZZZ!!" you twit!
And to be clear: "tank" controls would be ANY control set up in witch you press left and right to turn, and foreward and backward to move foreward or backward. So RE4 and RE5 BOTH had them too. Nice try though...

"There was little innovation between the first three titles and the scarcity of ammo didn't add suspense, only uneeded frustration."

OK, first of all: the first 3 games doesn not="THE ENTIRE CLASSIC SERIES!", Second: RE2 perfected what was began in RE1 and RE3 added a TON of gameplay elements that became standard after that and a ton more elements that never returned in another game. So, yeah.. Innovation!

Also, I'm guessing your first console was an Xbox, because the whole "WAH! I WANT MORE AMMO NAO!!!!" argument is prety childish. Mainly because if you looked around, you could end EVERY classic RE with an obscene ammount of extra ammo, lol. Not to mention that you could actually make ammo in RE3...

"Static backgrounds are lazy and were only implemented due to the console limitations at the time."

REmake has graphics that still stand up to current gen games (10 years later) BECAUSE of the static backgrounds. They could potentially have made literally photorealistic character models on the current gen hardwars if they'd stuck with it. "Lazy" my ass...

"Fixed camera angles are pointless and are just another cheap excuse to get a cheap jump scare out of the player."

Actually, the fixed camera angles were supposed to make the games more atmospheric, asd well as make them feel more like you were controlling the action in a horror movie. The cheap jump scares were a bonus. And I'd also like to point out that any GOOD classic RE player will tell you that because of the sounds enemies make and the auto aim, you don't actually NEED to see what you're shooting. Every enemy made different noises, so you knew what you were shooting at, and the auto aim removed the need to see them anyway. So, yeah...

"Tldr; Neo Biohazard>Old Biohazard."

'HURR, DURR "NEO" BIOHAZARD! I'M EDGY' Face it, modern RE has been as follows:

RE4=a barely medeocre action game that ripped off a ton of better games (MGS2, MGS3, Dino Crisis 2, Parasite Eve 2, Onimusha, DMC, Castlevania SOTN, Dragon's Lair, just to name a few). And for that matter, the ONLY people who actually like it were people who started gaming that generation, but didn't bother playing anything before that point, so they had NO idea what a good action game actually was, lol.

RE5=a slightly more than medeocre action game with a decent plot that falls apart by the time you get to the brawl at the ****ing volcano... Seriously, the writer HAD to be high when he wrote this crap.

REvelations=a decent horror game with decent action that dropped the ball because it played it too safe and didn't go out of it's way to be unique at all. Cool 3D though...

RE6=Middle of the road, average action game with a ton of characters.

So, HOW exactly is "neo" RE better than classic RE!?

OP is a troll, his thread is bad and he should FEEL bad! /thread.
#29orpheus_telos84(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 8:12:34 PM
IIIRX7III posted...
Capcom needs to take a look at some The Suffering gameplay and learn a thing or two from them. Now that was an excellent action/horror/TPS game: good atmosphere, incredibly creepy enemies and a nice backstory for each enemy.

The enemies are fine.
---
Double Cheese Deluxe, in a penguin tux.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#30Wiiplayer111Posted 11/6/2012 8:15:13 PM
orpheus_telos84 posted...
IIIRX7III posted...
Capcom needs to take a look at some The Suffering gameplay and learn a thing or two from them. Now that was an excellent action/horror/TPS game: good atmosphere, incredibly creepy enemies and a nice backstory for each enemy.

The enemies are fine.

I disagree. The monsters in the catacombs arn't even zombies. And the game never explains why skeletons are coming back to life.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com