If capcom kept making the games the same instead of changing it with 4...

#31orpheus_telos84(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 8:22:37 PM
I like how Hannibal_Wesker is the only one that got mad and resorted to listing most of his reasons as "because you're wrong". First of all, 4 and 5 did not have tank controlls at all except in LiN. Second, its pretty unanimous that static backgrounds are no longer needed. You also listed auto aim as a reason but why would you want the game to play itself? Also, adding a couple of gameplat tweeks is not inovation, dude. Nice try with the edgy comment though. You almost got me.
---
Double Cheese Deluxe, in a penguin tux.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#32orpheus_telos84(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 8:24:38 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
orpheus_telos84 posted...
IIIRX7III posted...
Capcom needs to take a look at some The Suffering gameplay and learn a thing or two from them. Now that was an excellent action/horror/TPS game: good atmosphere, incredibly creepy enemies and a nice backstory for each enemy.

The enemies are fine.

I disagree. The monsters in the catacombs arn't even zombies. And the game never explains why skeletons are coming back to life.

I see what you mean now. I thought you meant designs. My bad.
---
Double Cheese Deluxe, in a penguin tux.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#33Chaos_Dante_456Posted 11/6/2012 8:25:49 PM
The tank controls were appropriate in creating a horror atmosphere. I personally think it's RE's subject matter that's holding it back.

There isn't much mystery behind the zombies in RE anymore. The first RE we were just learning about what was going on. There was still mystery where did the zombies come from? what is this mysterious mansion?

Now we know just about all there is about the zombies. At this point the only mystery is why the hell are all these people with vast amounts of disposable income and employees who haven't realized there are more effective/controllable forms of terrorism?

Not to mention how convoluted the already ridiculous story has become, And the protagonists who have at this point dealt with these scenarios enough to be experts on how to handle it. with each new installment the whole concept becomes more and more ridiculous.

Also..Everyone and their mamma are doing zombies these days. They aren't scary anymore, maybe entertaining but they've lost that scare.

All in all 4 had to happen. the fix angle thing with the same whatever letter-virus zombies would have lost it's fear angle. It would have probably still felt like the same game and purists would probably still appreciate it for what it is but the formula would probably have begun to wear thin by 5.

With the Los plagas 4 actually opened the door for some intrigue. but 5 swiftly kicked that opportunity in the nuts.
#34Wiiplayer111Posted 11/6/2012 8:29:28 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
IIIRX7III posted...
Capcom needs to take a look at some The Suffering gameplay and learn a thing or two from them. Now that was an excellent action/horror/TPS game: good atmosphere, incredibly creepy enemies and a nice backstory for each enemy.

The enemies are fine.

I disagree. The monsters in the catacombs arn't even zombies. And the game never explains why skeletons are coming back to life.

I see what you mean now. I thought you meant designs. My bad.

The enemies in the catacombs wear medieval armor and have lit dynamite. But the C-Virus wouldn't bring the dead back and even if it did them being to light dynamite and such is way out of their ability range.

A file or two to clear that stuff up would have been nice.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#35edward18Posted 11/6/2012 8:33:40 PM
The tank controls were appropriate in creating a horror atmosphere. I personally think it's RE's subject matter that's holding it back.

Controls don't make atmosphere.

There isn't much mystery behind the zombies in RE anymore.

That's not what the mysteries were all about.

The first RE we were just learning about what was going on. There was still mystery where did the zombies come from? what is this mysterious mansion?

Now we know just about all there is about the zombies. At this point the only mystery is why the hell are all these people with vast amounts of disposable income and employees who haven't realized there are more effective/controllable forms of terrorism?

There was still mystery in 2, 3, CV, and 0. 4's the first one where they just pretty much reveal everything by the time you're a quarter of the way into the game. Since then it hasn't retained the mystery that the main games had.

Not to mention how convoluted the already ridiculous story has become, And the protagonists who have at this point dealt with these scenarios enough to be experts on how to handle it. with each new installment the whole concept becomes more and more ridiculous.

Story shouldn't affect how a series plays.

Also..Everyone and their mamma are doing zombies these days. They aren't scary anymore, maybe entertaining but they've lost that scare.

Hence why zombies were NEVER the only monsters...

All in all 4 had to happen.

No it didn't.

the fix angle thing with the same whatever letter-virus zombies would have lost it's fear angle.

Considering there was always far more than just zombies.

It would have probably still felt like the same game and purists would probably still appreciate it for what it is but the formula would probably have begun to wear thin by 5.

Mega Man lasted through 10 main games, spinoffs, and sequel series with his same gameplay.

With the Los plagas 4 actually opened the door for some intrigue.

No it didn't. It just said "Yo, here's some parasites that have nothing to do with anything else in the series! President's daughter lol!"

but 5 swiftly kicked that opportunity in the nuts.

More like got the story back on track.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#36CoiledViperPosted 11/6/2012 8:34:04 PM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
The controls were an inevitable change, but they could still have made horror games. Actually, just take 4, 5 and 6 and change the military/war-esque parts for creepier chapters and I don't think you'd hear many people complain.

Seriously RE4 had pretty awesome parts as far as RE games go.

THIS
---
What doesn't kill you, will probably leave a nasty scar
#37ravenscourgePosted 11/6/2012 8:36:49 PM
Just because everyone's doing zombies now is not RE's fault. When I play RE, I want zombies. I tolerate the plaga/j'avo.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#38Hawke0Posted 11/6/2012 8:48:47 PM
I like how Captain_Butthurt is the only one that got mad and resorted to listing most of his reasons as "because you're wrong".

this, and fixed.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#39nimatoda666Posted 11/6/2012 8:51:21 PM
All I really read was if it stayed the same it would turn into silent hill and fade away, umm I love pretty much every silent hill game, downpour was awesome. Don't care about sales, as a creator of art as video game makers are, it should be about quality
#40Hawke0Posted 11/6/2012 8:51:54 PM
Hannibal_Wesker posted...
REmake has graphics that still stand up to current gen games (10 years later) BECAUSE of the static backgrounds. They could potentially have made literally photorealistic character models on the current gen hardwars if they'd stuck with it. "Lazy" my ass...

Graphics don't matter, and it's more or less because they put a gif in the background which takes up memory instead of system power so then they could put everything into character models, lighting effects, etc.
It's a lazy way to make your game look better. Effective yes, but lazy.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"