If capcom kept making the games the same instead of changing it with 4...

#51edward18Posted 11/6/2012 9:54:35 PM
well a single zombie isn't a threat anymore hasn't been for a while. the benefit of the fixed angle was that you usually heard the zombie before you saw it that anticipation created tension. smoother

Doesn't mean it shouldn't be a threat.

Let's be real the reasoning behind the outbreaks in these games are never that complex. yeah you may not know the whole story but a good guess can pretty much sum it up.

I never would have guessed that Birkin's agenda is why the outbreak in Raccoon City occurred before playing through 2 a good ways.

releasing a zombie outbreak is a STUPID plan for any villain with any sense, it only works for Saturday morning villains who are just evil for the sake of being evil,

...and you realize hardly any of the ACTUAL villains cause zombie outbreaks right?...

yes all genres need innovation but horror and comedy need it even more.

No they don't.

HELL nah all the games aren't fun,

Yes they are.

if 6 wasn't a RE title i would have skipped over this easily there are a LOT more action games that do what it does a LOT better. it's a slopply made game not even because f the lack of horror it's all the other s****

Looks fun to me.

4 brought in the casuals huh?

Yes.

yeah okay alright lol whatever you say buddy...guess it didn't help that it was one of the best games of last generation

Yeah, it being a good game has nothing to do with how good it is as a RESIDENT EVIL game.

Yeah they should have ended RE by now.

Absolutely.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#52Wiiplayer111Posted 11/6/2012 9:55:53 PM
Hawke0 posted...
REmake yes... RE1? LOL. Classic yeah, but a masterpiece? I don't see how REmake can be so vastly superior yet RE1 is still a masterpiece. You may have a minor nostalgia glasses problem.

The original RE1 is a masterpiece. If you compare stuff to the past of course it looks worse. But the original RE1 defined a genre and started this entire series.

You just call anything with the old gameplay a masterpiece automatically, right?

Outbreak was also a great game. You were a civilian in a hopeless situation. Given little to no weapons. Tons of puzzles. Overrun by tons of monsters from zombies to elephants. Multiple scenarios and endings. And it had great co-op. You're partner dying didn't mean you did. And if you died you turned into a zombie(if i recall correctly).
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#53orpheus_telos84(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 9:57:36 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
orpheus_telos84 posted...
I like how Hannibal_Wesker is the only one that got mad and resorted to listing most of his reasons as "because you're wrong". First of all, 4 and 5 did not have tank controlls at all except in LiN. Second, its pretty unanimous that static backgrounds are no longer needed. You also listed auto aim as a reason but why would you want the game to play itself? Also, adding a couple of gameplat tweeks is not inovation, dude. Nice try with the edgy comment though. You almost got me.

Um.... But 4 and 5 did have tank controls. The only difference was the camera was over the shoulder.

There was no strafe in the origonal games and you use the right stick to turn the camera. Your movement and view aren't stuck om one analog.
---
Double Cheese Deluxe, in a penguin tux.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#54Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/6/2012 9:57:48 PM
Hannibal_Wesker posted...
"This series would've faded into mediocrity just like Silent Hill."

Silent Hill died off because Konami stopped making the games themselves, and instead invested in third rate fanfic games.

"Tank controlls have no place in a game from this console generation (or the last for that matter). They are just plain awful and they always were."

RE4 and 5 both had "HURR, DURR! TANK CONTRLSZZZ!!" you twit!
And to be clear: "tank" controls would be ANY control set up in witch you press left and right to turn, and foreward and backward to move foreward or backward. So RE4 and RE5 BOTH had them too. Nice try though...

"There was little innovation between the first three titles and the scarcity of ammo didn't add suspense, only uneeded frustration."

OK, first of all: the first 3 games doesn not="THE ENTIRE CLASSIC SERIES!", Second: RE2 perfected what was began in RE1 and RE3 added a TON of gameplay elements that became standard after that and a ton more elements that never returned in another game. So, yeah.. Innovation!

Also, I'm guessing your first console was an Xbox, because the whole "WAH! I WANT MORE AMMO NAO!!!!" argument is prety childish. Mainly because if you looked around, you could end EVERY classic RE with an obscene ammount of extra ammo, lol. Not to mention that you could actually make ammo in RE3...

"Static backgrounds are lazy and were only implemented due to the console limitations at the time."

REmake has graphics that still stand up to current gen games (10 years later) BECAUSE of the static backgrounds. They could potentially have made literally photorealistic character models on the current gen hardwars if they'd stuck with it. "Lazy" my ass...

"Fixed camera angles are pointless and are just another cheap excuse to get a cheap jump scare out of the player."

Actually, the fixed camera angles were supposed to make the games more atmospheric, asd well as make them feel more like you were controlling the action in a horror movie. The cheap jump scares were a bonus. And I'd also like to point out that any GOOD classic RE player will tell you that because of the sounds enemies make and the auto aim, you don't actually NEED to see what you're shooting. Every enemy made different noises, so you knew what you were shooting at, and the auto aim removed the need to see them anyway. So, yeah...

"Tldr; Neo Biohazard>Old Biohazard."

'HURR, DURR "NEO" BIOHAZARD! I'M EDGY' Face it, modern RE has been as follows:

RE4=a barely medeocre action game that ripped off a ton of better games (MGS2, MGS3, Dino Crisis 2, Parasite Eve 2, Onimusha, DMC, Castlevania SOTN, Dragon's Lair, just to name a few). And for that matter, the ONLY people who actually like it were people who started gaming that generation, but didn't bother playing anything before that point, so they had NO idea what a good action game actually was, lol.

RE5=a slightly more than medeocre action game with a decent plot that falls apart by the time you get to the brawl at the ****ing volcano... Seriously, the writer HAD to be high when he wrote this crap.

REvelations=a decent horror game with decent action that dropped the ball because it played it too safe and didn't go out of it's way to be unique at all. Cool 3D though...

RE6=Middle of the road, average action game with a ton of characters.

So, HOW exactly is "neo" RE better than classic RE!?

OP is a troll, his thread is bad and he should FEEL bad! /thread.

OMG you're pretty awesome.
---
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.
#55Hawke0Posted 11/6/2012 10:02:47 PM
The original RE1 is a masterpiece. If you compare stuff to the past of course it looks worse. But the original RE1 defined a genre and started this entire series.
Voice acting and writing, and It wasn't scary at all. Back tracking was much more tedious than REmake, and no quick turn button. Not to mention that the 'puzzles' are terrible, but you can say that of all RE games.

Outbreak was also a great game. You were a civilian in a hopeless situation. Given little to no weapons. Tons of puzzles. Overrun by tons of monsters from zombies to elephants. Multiple scenarios and endings. And it had great co-op. You're partner dying didn't mean you did. And if you died you turned into a zombie(if i recall correctly).

I wasn't questioning the quality of the Outbreak games so much as joking about his frequent, and somewhat loose use of the word masterpiece, while saying RE4 was objectively not a masterpiece. Wait, that actually might have been Captain_Butthurt...
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#56Wiiplayer111Posted 11/6/2012 10:06:55 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Voice acting and writing, and It wasn't scary at all. Back tracking was much more tedious than REmake, and no quick turn button. Not to mention that the 'puzzles' are terrible, but you can say that of all RE games.

Once again you are comparing it to games today. RE defined the genre, had cutscenes and voice acting. Things during the PS1 era that barely existed.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#57Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/6/2012 10:16:26 PM(edited)
@Hawke0

The original Biohazard was a masterpiece in its own right. Nostalgia glasses? Me? Maybe you prefer mindless killing over conservative action.

All the games I have mentioned are far from bad games. When are you gonna get your head outta your a** and realize that mass public opinion does not equal the law? I mean you DO think for yourself, right?
---
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.
#58orpheus_telos84(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 10:21:11 PM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
@Hawke0

The original Biohazard was a masterpiece in its own right. Nostalgia glasses? Me? Maybe you prefer mindless killing over conservative action.

All the games I have mentioned are far from bad games. When are you gonna get your head outta your a** and realize that mass public opinion does not equal the law? I mean you DO think for yourself, right?

It does in most cases, though.
---
Double Cheese Deluxe, in a penguin tux.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#59Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/6/2012 10:38:44 PM
@Hawke0

Just because someone doesn't pee in their pants playing the original Biohazard, doesn't suffer from heart palpitations playing the original Biohazard or doesn't lose sleep after playing the original Biohazard!...

Does NOT!... I repeat, does NOT!...

Exempt the original Biohazard from being a horror game title! You DO NOT have to be scared at all, playing the original Biohazard in its entirety! But if it has got horror elements!...

Even if the game DID NOT scare you ONE TIME!...

It IS still coined as a horror game title NO MATTER WHAT!...

HOLY S***!...

: /
---
#60Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/6/2012 10:47:52 PM
orpheus_telos84 posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
@Hawke0

It does in most cases, though.

Unjustly in most cases, yes. But specifically for those that have others subliminally suggest for them. That's why the masses are sheeple. They ingest the worst of what society offers....

Things like Biohazard 4 for example.

: )
---