If capcom kept making the games the same instead of changing it with 4...

#61XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 11/7/2012 12:25:01 AM
So Hawke, I asked you and didn't answer me. How is RE4 more innovative than the originals when 3D backgrounds and OTS camera didn't start with RE4 any more than fixed cameras and 2D backgrounds did with the originals? What has RE4 done that had never been done before in video game history? If your answer is nothing then RE4 is no more original or innovative.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#62Diablo56789Posted 11/7/2012 12:27:37 AM
So the basis of RE4 being innovative or not revolves around Hawke answering you on an internet forum?
---
I've got a gun to your head!
S.T.A.R.S. Member: Nemesis STAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRSSSS PSN: FoS H I Zandgiggles (No spaces or caps)
#63Zed7777ZR1Posted 11/7/2012 2:23:07 AM
with so many posts edward ... how the hell are you not on top of the karma list ...?
#64DarkD3stinyPosted 11/7/2012 3:44:25 AM
orpheus_telos84 posted...
Jonathan_F_G posted...
I like how Hannibal_Wesker is the only one that got mad and resorted to listing most of his reasons as "because you're wrong". First of all, 4 and 5 did not have tank controlls at all except in LiN. Second, its pretty unanimous that static backgrounds are no longer needed. You also listed auto aim as a reason but why would you want the game to play itself? Also, adding a couple of gameplat tweeks is not inovation, dude. Nice try with the edgy comment though. You almost got me.

Um.... But 4 and 5 did have tank controls. The only difference was the camera was over the shoulder.

There was no strafe in the origonal games and you use the right stick to turn the camera. Your movement and view aren't stuck om one analog.

Where was strafe in re4? please tell me. Btw Hannibal Wesker good post.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#65DarkD3stinyPosted 11/7/2012 3:50:45 AM
Btw how is re4 innovative? over the shoulder has been done in games before re4. re4 didn't do anything new, it just improved over the shoulder like re5 improved controls and inventory system and linking us to the world though co op and multiplayer. Just like re6 improved controls and improved variety of gameplay and improved content.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#66MonkeyKrazy07Posted 11/7/2012 5:12:42 AM
There was no strafe in the origonal games and you use the right stick to turn the camera. Your movement and view aren't stuck om one analog.

It depends which control type you're using actually, you must use type D then, there is no option to strafe in type A, which plays just like 4 did.
#67edward18Posted 11/7/2012 8:08:19 AM
with so many posts edward ... how the hell are you not on top of the karma list ...?

I don't know what the top is but I got warned a few days back due saying the word re***d by accident.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#68Hawke0Posted 11/7/2012 8:43:24 AM(edited)
Diablo56789 posted...
So the basis of RE4 being innovative or not revolves around Hawke answering you on an internet forum?

lol, this^
I guess RE4 is the best game ever on account of Captain_Butthurt not replying to me a few pages back?
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
So Hawke, I asked you and didn't answer me. How is RE4 more innovative than the originals when 3D backgrounds and OTS camera didn't start with RE4 any more than fixed cameras and 2D backgrounds did with the originals? What has RE4 done that had never been done before in video game history? If your answer is nothing then RE4 is no more original or innovative.

I didn't answer because I wasn't on the computer. RE4 caused an entire genre to use a certain gameplay mechanic. An ENTIRE genre. 2D backgrounds and tank controls were already somewhat popular before RE, and it wasn't RE's gameplay that was notable anyway. It was about the atmosphere, or rather jump scares, and limited ammo, I don't think it won any awards for running back and forth to accomplish lazily designed 'puzzles'. RE4's puzzles were better, in that they were actual puzzles, but they were far too easy. Seriously, your head would have had to have caved in to not be able to do them.

RE4 had plenty of original ideas, innovative or not, in it's enemy design for one. I mean, Novistadors, colmillos, Ganados, Regenerators, Garrador, the three different kinds of plaga that explode from a ganados' head... Not naming any of the bosses which are objectively better than the old RE games. Of course, Garrador is more or less a blind X-Men character so you can take him off the list.
DarkD3stiny posted...
Btw how is re4 innovative? over the shoulder has been done in games before re4. re4 didn't do anything new, it just improved over the shoulder like re5 improved controls and inventory system and linking us to the world though co op and multiplayer. Just like re6 improved controls and improved variety of gameplay and improved content.

We all long ago decided whatever you say is automatically invalid. Sorry.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#69Hawke0Posted 11/7/2012 8:42:00 AM
Jonathan_F_G posted...
@Hawke0

The original Biohazard was a masterpiece in its own right. Nostalgia glasses? Me? Maybe you prefer mindless killing over conservative action.

All the games I have mentioned are far from bad games. When are you gonna get your head outta your a** and realize that mass public opinion does not equal the law? I mean you DO think for yourself, right?

what...? "prefer mindless killing over ______" Yeah, that's why games like Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda OoT, REmake, Advance Wars/Fire Emblem, Ogre Battle 64, Shining Force II, Chrono Trigger etc. are some of my favorite games ever made. Nothing but mindless killing. Wait...

Mass public opinion? You're using the 'sheep' argument against me? HA! That's hilarious! I don't like Call of Duty (but don't hate it either), I like the Conduit games, which according to "mass public opinion" suck, I think the Wii is a decent console while not nearly as good as a PS3, while 'mass public opinion' is that it is the worst console ever, my favorite horror game is Eternal Darkness which only sold 100K copies...

Not to mention a fan of old RE has no room to talk about someone else only liking something because of popularity. On the GameCube and PS2 combined, RE2 on the PS1 still outsold RE4 on both of them, it was only the constant remakes that got it that extra couple million to outsell RE2. I guess you're the sheep.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316 Idiot definition of the week, Generic: Any game that is in first person and/or involves guns. Use: "Dur, Bioshock is so generic"
#70Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/7/2012 1:37:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]