What was the last RE game that actually scared you

#41schlaufuchsMIKEPosted 11/7/2012 9:49:09 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
warrenmats posted...
RE never really scared me.....except those spiders. Oh god they so hairy.

lol. same.

I always went to Silent Hill for my horror fix. prefer the psychological type over physical. Dead Space was a great hybrid of both when taking the story and plot twist in regarding Isaacs mind.

Oh hell yeah, Silent Hill more or less ruined other horror games for me.
---
"This is America - none of us are supposed to be here." ~ Peter Hornberger, 30Rock
#42memoriesofbloodPosted 11/7/2012 10:51:28 AM
I would say the REmake when speaking chronically but seeing as it is a remake I'll say RE3.
Nemesis was a scary dude at 3am when you're 14.
#43Eye of the BeholderPosted 11/7/2012 10:58:11 AM
RE4 - Regenerators.

Otherwise, overall, REmake. Atmosphere was pretty creepy.

RE0 just sorta...failed to really scare me.
---
Brawl-FC-1203-8953-0974 (X40)
"Help!!! I'm being attacked by white transparent ninjas!" - pipeman
#44MadDewgPosted 11/7/2012 11:11:16 AM(edited)
Never actually got scared to the point to where I couldn't sleep at night (hell even horror movies I watched when I was like, 10 never did that to me), but resident evil 2 did give me a good bit of "jump" scares, lol.

I remember yelling out "oh ****" (to the point to where my parents heard me nice and clear =/ ) when you get to that room with the one-sided window where the licker busts through after picking up the puzzle piece thingy Man it was awesome playing resident evil 2 when I was 15, lol.

GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#45caffiend7Posted 11/7/2012 11:06:52 AM
Only REmake. Dat atmosphere, dat setting, dose crimson heads, dat Lisa
---
"I will teach you the way true kings fight"
#46Lord_Spectre_XPosted 11/7/2012 11:21:21 AM
Regenadors in RE4 is the only scary point in the series. A strong, malicious looking enemy. Unhuman while looking disturbingly human. Creepy sound effects, fantastic BGM and setting. And even a tense way of killing them.
---
PSN: LordSpectreX
BlazBlue: Arakune, P4A: Teddie.
#47savagechild89Posted 11/7/2012 11:21:28 AM
resident evil 3. something about nemesis just hunting you down was terrifying to me as a young child. pretty sure i was only like 9 when that game came out
---
PSN: Savagechild89
#48GrayFox2510Posted 11/7/2012 11:28:54 AM
The only time an RE actually SCARED me (like "holy sh*t, turn off the console!") was the very first one in the PSX.
This was also when I was 10 and honestly, horror games weren't quite like that (Clock Tower was more of the suspense thing and adrenaline rush when you escaped or stuff like that).

What part? I think we all know that one by heart. Those ****ing dogs jumping through the window in the L-corridor near the beginning.

From there on? Proper scare? Nah.
---
Contributor Name: Gray Fox
#49Kaze_MemaryuPosted 11/7/2012 11:29:13 AM
The closest moment to 'scared' was in Resident Evil Zero when I opened a door and ended up directly in front of a leech - without any molotov's.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#50LittleBraverPosted 11/7/2012 11:58:19 AM
RE remake on Gamecube was the last that really scared me.