Why do people love the classic REs so much?

#1Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/8/2012 8:21:57 AM
they weren't bad but unlocking a door to unlock a door to unlock a door to unlock a door got obnoxious as hell

btw RE was never scary
---
"[Marlon] shaved [his nipples] off his chest to reduce water resistance when he swims." - HeyWheresKel
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png
#2JJncasPosted 11/8/2012 8:28:15 AM
because they were fun and didn't need to be mainstream to be good and also they were part of our childhood that's my opinion
#3Dammit182Posted 11/8/2012 8:28:35 AM
They could of used their guns or kicks to knock down those doors, but then the game would be 50 minutes long.
---
"Boulder punching you can't forget....."
#4ZephranthesPosted 11/8/2012 8:30:16 AM
Because they enjoy collecting cranks, crests and highly ornate keys.
#5VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/8/2012 8:41:13 AM
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
unlocking a door to unlock a door to unlock a door to unlock a door got obnoxious as hell

I actually like doing that. It promotes exploration, and while it can get somewhat monotonous, I find that style of gameplay cathartic in a way.
#6ravenscourgePosted 11/8/2012 8:49:49 AM
Because we grew up with them, there was nothing on our consoles like them at the time, the characters were endearing, and because exploration and puzzle solving is fun.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#7NeemohPosted 11/8/2012 8:51:31 AM
Nostalgia and opinions.
#8edward18Posted 11/8/2012 8:52:01 AM
Because those people have a different opinion than you TC. Not everyone likes the same things. They enjoyed the detective gameplay as you backtracked and found interlocking areas in a trapped environment with a finite amount of ammo lying around and notes to read and give more of a background to the scenario.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9jsquad4136Posted 11/8/2012 8:53:38 AM
TC, look up the definition of 'opinion'. At some point it will state that people have differing views of these 'opinions' I speak of. You will eventually learn that not everybody shares the same 'opinion' as yourself.

The more ya know!
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."
#10Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/8/2012 9:28:51 AM
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
they weren't bad but unlocking a door to unlock a door to unlock a door to unlock a door got obnoxious as hell

btw RE was never scary

Because I enjoy survival horror/horror adventure gaming and detective work/point and click gameplay. I enjoy exploring sinister environments, looking for keys, solving puzzles, conserving supplies, weapons/ammo to triumph and reading through people's diaries, memoirs, newspapers, books and memos to immerse myself in the current situation and the master plot behind it:

I mean, is it really THAT hard to understand and agree with?

Besides, just because Biohazard games did not scare you 1 bit throughout their entirety, does not exempt them from being horror games.

Get it?
---
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.