Why do people love the classic REs so much?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why do people love the classic REs so much?

User Info: Teh_Tiltyu

Teh_Tiltyu
4 years ago#1
they weren't bad but unlocking a door to unlock a door to unlock a door to unlock a door got obnoxious as hell

btw RE was never scary
"[Marlon] shaved [his nipples] off his chest to reduce water resistance when he swims." - HeyWheresKel
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png

User Info: JJncas

JJncas
4 years ago#2
because they were fun and didn't need to be mainstream to be good and also they were part of our childhood that's my opinion

User Info: Dammit182

Dammit182
4 years ago#3
They could of used their guns or kicks to knock down those doors, but then the game would be 50 minutes long.
"Boulder punching you can't forget....."

User Info: Zephranthes

Zephranthes
4 years ago#4
Because they enjoy collecting cranks, crests and highly ornate keys.

User Info: VolcanoBoulder

VolcanoBoulder
4 years ago#5
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
unlocking a door to unlock a door to unlock a door to unlock a door got obnoxious as hell

I actually like doing that. It promotes exploration, and while it can get somewhat monotonous, I find that style of gameplay cathartic in a way.

User Info: ravenscourge

ravenscourge
4 years ago#6
Because we grew up with them, there was nothing on our consoles like them at the time, the characters were endearing, and because exploration and puzzle solving is fun.
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3

User Info: Neemoh

Neemoh
4 years ago#7
Nostalgia and opinions.

User Info: edward18

edward18
4 years ago#8
Because those people have a different opinion than you TC. Not everyone likes the same things. They enjoyed the detective gameplay as you backtracked and found interlocking areas in a trapped environment with a finite amount of ammo lying around and notes to read and give more of a background to the scenario.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: jsquad4136

jsquad4136
4 years ago#9
TC, look up the definition of 'opinion'. At some point it will state that people have differing views of these 'opinions' I speak of. You will eventually learn that not everybody shares the same 'opinion' as yourself.

The more ya know!
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."

User Info: Jonathan_F_G

Jonathan_F_G
4 years ago#10
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
they weren't bad but unlocking a door to unlock a door to unlock a door to unlock a door got obnoxious as hell

btw RE was never scary

Because I enjoy survival horror/horror adventure gaming and detective work/point and click gameplay. I enjoy exploring sinister environments, looking for keys, solving puzzles, conserving supplies, weapons/ammo to triumph and reading through people's diaries, memoirs, newspapers, books and memos to immerse myself in the current situation and the master plot behind it:

I mean, is it really THAT hard to understand and agree with?

Besides, just because Biohazard games did not scare you 1 bit throughout their entirety, does not exempt them from being horror games.

Get it?
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Why do people love the classic REs so much?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived