this is game of the year

#41sadiq2010Posted 11/11/2012 6:11:05 AM
Pixx0

you are lame and nonsense, resident evil 6 is the game of the year 2012.
#42tsukia8Posted 11/11/2012 6:40:34 AM
GOTY will be Borderlands 2.

AC = Run there, kill, run there, kill, run there, kill zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
---
Let's go Pauline. Fleur de Lys!
#43AnimesetsunaPosted 11/11/2012 6:43:22 AM
This game will be GOTY (Gosh of the year).
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>_<)
#44Ryan-06Posted 11/11/2012 6:47:34 AM(edited)
tsukia8 posted...

AC = Run there, kill, run there, kill, run there, kill zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BL2 = loot loot loot, shoot enemies, loot loot, no story that anyone gives a **** about. Rinse repeat. ZzzzzzzZzzzzzZzz "UH Oh! The truck have started to move!" (Metal Gear 1 reference)

Mass Effect 3 is still the strong candidate, with its deep roots in the trilogy, massive amounts of lore, story, cast of characters. Ending issue was overblown IMO. and the free Extended Cut DLC was good anyway. Then after that BW continued releasing MP DLC for free. New characters, maps, weapons, latest one added a new enemy to fight.

Capcom should do the same for Merc maps.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#45AnimesetsunaPosted 11/11/2012 6:49:34 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
tsukia8 posted...

BL2 = loot loot loot, shoot enemies, loot loot, no story that anyone gives a **** about. Rinse repeat. ZzzzzzzZzzzzzZzz "UH Oh! The truck have started to move!" (Metal Gear 1 reference)

Mass Effect 3 is still the strong candidate, with its deep roots in the trilogy, massive amounts of lore, story, cast of characters. Ending issue was overblown IMO. and the free Extended Cut DLC was good anyway. Then after that BW continued releasing MP DLC for free. New characters, maps, weapons, latest one added a new enemy to fight.

Capcom should do the same for Merc maps.

If Capcom willing to free 4 Maps... Good business. XD
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#46Ryan-06Posted 11/11/2012 6:59:28 AM(edited)
@Setsuna I wish! If you check the Dog tag titles there's one for "Get S in TEN mercenaries maps" That basically confirmed theres 4 more on the way. If not free, at least make it $1 like the preorder maps, which I bought.

And people still name COD? Research more. COD has never won GOTY since COD4. In terms of major sites and magazines. IGN, GT, GameSpot, GameInformer, EGM. The Spike VGAs etc.

COD has won FPS of the year, which is fine. But they're not stupid enough to give GOTY just because it sells so many copies. COD is an annual thing now, like Madden football. the CEO of Activision even said COD is like "the superbowl" of action games. Meaning each year, its a big event like in football. A sporting event, MP all day.

Halo 4 has a better chance. better campaign (and longer), better story, varied gameplay with open maps unlike COD "FOLLOW" icon since 2007. MP is very rich with content as well.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#47grungastzenkiPosted 11/11/2012 7:35:54 AM
Better than AC3 = Correct
Game of the year = Not even close
#48singhellotakuPosted 11/11/2012 7:44:10 AM
RE6 is fun, but certainly not game of the year, or even top 25
#49jpv2000Posted 11/11/2012 8:13:49 AM
RE 6 is easily my game of the year.

And, in the end, that is the only one that matters, to me. ;-)
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#50Ertrick36Posted 11/11/2012 8:17:54 AM
Resident Evil 6... So many mixed reviews, so many mixed feelings; yet, so many people feel so strongly about it. To me, it seems like it's destined to be a sort of cult favorite. It seems to be following the same pattern as some of the obscure games, such as Resident Evil Outbreak or Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Each have had strongly mixed feelings. Some people really loved them, and some really hated them (no, I'm not going to categorize them together). Both were also highly anticipated. Outbreak was going to be the first Resident Evil game to go online, and Operation Raccoon City was going to implement a lot of really cool mechanics. Resident Evil 6, being a number title, was obviously one of the most highly anticipated Resident Evil games ever. Now that it's out, however, most are mixed in feelings. What does this mean?

I think Resident Evil is on a sort of downfall. Capcom is being torn apart by fans who like what's currently popular and mainstream and old school fans who hate the action-shooter approach Capcom has taken and prefer the older style of Resident Evil, with the fixed camera angles and difficulty. Capcom is trying to appease both. In fact, I'm fairly certain that they are discussing Resident Evil over hot-chocolate in their office. They are considering remakes/re-releases of cult favorites such as the ones I mentioned, and they ask each other, "What do you think we should do about the next Resident Evil?" To which some might respond, "Let's see about making some HD remakes of older games and see how they pan out."
"No, that's too risky. We could lose a lot of money that way. And besides, I don't think the next generation of gamers are going to like some of the games we have left to remake. We need to keep a tight grip on the franchise and start steering this in the right way."
"We need to take everyone into consideration. On our website, we've got thousands of people who want a remake of Outbreak. It is the most wanted remake out of all the other ones on that poll. There's also Code Veronica X, which we released an HD remake for. It seems to be doing well."
"We aren't talking about thousands. We are talking about millions! Six million! If we need to consider everyone, we need to start talking about Resident Evil 7, not just these old, outdated games. These remakes are taking us nowhere, and all we are finding is the same three-or-so million thoroughly enjoying the games. We need to be more creative and reactive with the fans!"
"And the fans want these HD remakes!"

It's either this, or they just have their heads up their a**es in Japan. Either way, it's a clear cut difference between old school fans and somewhat newer fans, and Capcom hasn't done anything to appease them all yet. I think that Resident Evil is on a downfall because we've got fans with completely different and opposing tastes in survival horror gaming. Sure, there might be other reasons 6 was negatively received, but for the most part, Resident Evil's fanbase is a conglomeration of two major parties of fans who either like or hate Resident Evil 6.

If anyone's curious about my opinion on this game, I am indifferent right now because I haven't played Resident Evil 6. I do prefer the old style of Resident Evil, but I have a lot of fun with the newer ones as well. From what I've heard, I'm not sure if I'd like it. I hear opinions from both sides, but... I don't know. I just hope this issue gets resolved. I do have to say that Resident Evil 6 doesn't sound as bad as some make it out to be...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).