this is game of the year

#51biohazard151Posted 11/11/2012 7:21:33 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
tsukia8 posted...
GOTY will be Borderlands 2.

AC = Run there, kill, run there, kill, run there, kill zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BL2 = loot loot loot, shoot enemies, loot loot, no story that anyone gives a **** about. Rinse repeat. ZzzzzzzZzzzzzZzz "UH Oh! The truck have started to move!" (Metal Gear 1 reference)

Mass Effect 3 is still the strong candidate, with its deep roots in the trilogy, massive amounts of lore, story, cast of characters. Ending issue was overblown IMO. and the free Extended Cut DLC was good anyway. Then after that BW continued releasing MP DLC for free. New characters, maps, weapons, latest one added a new enemy to fight.

Capcom should do the same for Merc maps.

LoL youre so dumb ryan, Its like you think by breaking any game down as such that makes it 'as such'.

Resident evil 4, aim, shoot, kick
Ocarina of time: run run run hey listen hey listen puzzle a b c boss fight, a,b,c done

Borderlands 2 story was far superior and better told and presented then Re 6. And who says a loot game isnt capable of winning? Its a game isnt it? Its a matter of whether its fun and awesome, whether it has replayability etc.

If i were to hand out goty awards, borderlands 2 would be up there, its just a very well made game in general.
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#52Ertrick36Posted 11/11/2012 7:21:55 AM
Ertrick36 posted...
Resident Evil 6... So many mixed reviews, so many mixed feelings; yet, so many people feel so strongly about it...

And then I ran across the realization that there are people, like me, who say "meh" about it...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#53PhaildPosted 11/11/2012 7:27:54 AM
Any game that chooses to cut corners by making the protagonist a floating pair of hands does not deserve to be awarded for anything.

Which already puts RE6 in a strong position.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#54Vidius101Posted 11/11/2012 8:02:39 AM
Not even close.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#55biohazard151Posted 11/11/2012 8:17:27 AM
Phaild posted...
Any game that chooses to cut corners by making the protagonist a floating pair of hands does not deserve to be awarded for anything.

Which already puts RE6 in a strong position.

Please dont breed, we dont need any more of you.
---
"What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not an end"
#56PhaildPosted 11/11/2012 8:20:32 AM
And we definitely don't need any more first person games either. Not until the developers can actually make it feel like you are controlling a person instead of a floating camera.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
World Gone Wrong. Make It Right: 2013 / 2 / 19
#57Mr_Big_BossPosted 11/11/2012 8:23:46 AM
My vote goes to Revelaitons, much better than RE6.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#58VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/11/2012 9:35:12 AM
My personal favorites:
Dishonored
Borderlands 2
Max Anarchy
Hitman: Absolution (in all probability)

What will win GOTY from most game journalism sites:
Halo 4
Mass Effect 3
#59Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/14/2012 4:33:35 PM
sadiq2010 posted...
Jonathan_F_G

you are trolling and lame and nonsense.

resident evil 6 is the game of the year 2012, and that's a fact.

It is garbage and so is your taste in games.
---
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.
#60MegaSlimePosted 11/14/2012 4:38:49 PM
Gotta go with Mass Effect 3. Resident Evil: Revelations is better than Resident Evil 6.
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure