Poll: Ever Run Out of Ammo?

#1DocDeliciousPosted 11/11/2012 6:13:12 AM
Was there any point during your first playthrough that you ran out of ammo? - Results (250 votes)
Yes
65.6% (164 votes)
No
34.4% (86 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Ammo drops and the need to conserve your ammo have been a hot-button issue since RE4.
I'm curious to see how many people ran out of ammo at any time during their first playthrough of RE6.

So, were you barely making it through each encounter with only a few shots left? Were you constantly forced to use your knife to finish of a couple enemies? Or were you swimming in bullets through all four campaigns? Was there a specific section that caused you to waste your shots? A particular campaign where you just couldn't find enough ammo?

Is resource management still an ever-present entity in the RE universe or are the days of eeking by with barely enough shots to take out a single enemy a thing of the past?

Let us know! Please, feel free to elaborate on your vote.

____
My vote is for "No". I walked by more than a few ammo boxes and was forever entering and exiting the inventory screen; discarding stack after stack to make way for Herbs/FAS or a different type of ammo.
---
Playing - Demon's/Dark Souls, Monster Hunter FU, Resonance of Fate, Devil May Cry HD Col, Dishonored, Katamari Forever, Resident Evil 6
PSN: DocDelicious
#2good_tobiPosted 11/11/2012 6:21:12 AM
always
---
It's too late to apologize.
#3largerockPosted 11/11/2012 6:29:16 AM
A few times across all campaigns.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#4Da DoodPosted 11/11/2012 6:31:48 AM
Sometimes I ran out of ammo because I was never sure if I'm supposed to shoot the enemy or wait until a cutscene triggers revealing a weakness.

Still, not even the older games have scarce ammo, they all have way more than you'll need. You can even make your own ammo in RE3. They're just unforgiving if you waste what you find, and that's not uncommon first time through.
---
And this time!
#5Devil_Killer_JCPosted 11/11/2012 6:37:15 AM
Nope. I ran out of AR ammo every now and then (but those burn ammo like mad, and you can only carry 60 per item slot), but I never 100% completely ran out of ammo for everything.

I was discarding ammo most of the time. Mostly extra stacks of handgun bullets, and some shotgun shells here and there.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#6AnimesetsunaPosted 11/11/2012 6:37:37 AM
I say yes. Only in Chris's Chapter 5 where I run out of ammo even it's normal mode.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>_<)
#7MallyPureSmoothPosted 11/11/2012 6:40:25 AM
While definitely not as generous as 4 or 5, if you make good use of the melee system then you won't have any problems with ammo. The only time you're almost guaranteed to run dry is during the haos fight on pro
#8zenandiPosted 11/11/2012 6:42:47 AM
A few guns, now and then, sure.

Completely dry? Not once. And this is on Pro.

I did run nearly dry once -- the 4 v 1 Ustanak fight. And yeah, that was a proper case of you're doing it wrong.
#9LovethepythonPosted 11/11/2012 7:05:16 AM
I run out of 5.56mm at times, maybe because I have to throw most of it away lol.

Oh and magnum ammo.
---
The death cannot hear.
#10occmanPosted 11/11/2012 7:21:08 AM
largerock posted...
A few times across all campaigns.

^This.
After coming back to the "Campaign" in NewGame+.
Just after beating the Final Boss' for all 4... Especially Leon's Campaign...