Why do people think Helena is smelly and manly?

#1WeskerForeverPosted 11/14/2012 12:23:52 AM
I remember reading posts about people not liking Helena Harper, and some were saying she stinks and looks like a man. And then in a more recent post asking what she smells like, the very first post was, and I quote: "Rotten fish."

Why is this? I think she is quite a beautiful brunette. Almost as gorgeous as Claire Redfield and Helena Bertinelli.
---
Wesker is immortal and can never die. Wesker will be back and be stronger than ever.
#2MadDewgPosted 11/14/2012 12:35:40 AM
I don't know about the smelly and manly thing, but I just love the fact that she just seems so damn hostile, lol. Like literally never smiles, RAGE, and shooting people's boyfriends and whatnot...pretty awesome in my opinion.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#3Aya_BPosted 11/14/2012 12:46:13 AM
I guess there are always people who dislike some characters, and there are also too many booty threads around with her. I have not bothered to consider an evaluation if she is in general more liked than disliked, but she is quite okay.

It is a bit of a shame that she seems so uncaring in most instances, except for the Cathedral. There she actually seems to panic a bit when this UBERANNOYING ...creature whose name I forget all the time turns everyone into zombies.

Her regular melee attack with the pistol is a joke, but otherwise I actually prefer playing her a bit over Leon thanks to the weapon set (even though it is a minor degree difference.)

I also doubt anyone would be able to remain squeaky clean after those events. >_>;;;;
#4so_realPosted 11/14/2012 12:47:30 AM
It's a running joke that started on the board months ago.
#5largerockPosted 11/14/2012 2:52:26 AM
The smelly thing is just a joke that like the dude above me said started A long time ago. The manly thing I don't get, I mean sure she has a few manly features in her face but she looks really hot for me.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#6boofiePosted 11/14/2012 3:30:24 AM
When you put her up against Leon's silky hair, Helena comes off looking like a beast. Dat ass or not.
#7MallyPureSmoothPosted 11/14/2012 3:39:06 AM
I don't know about the manly part, but i'm sure she was quite "smelly" after going days without washing *wink wink*
#8WeskerForever(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 10:57:59 AM
so_real posted...

How did it start? Anyone know what was said?
---
Wesker is immortal and can never die. Wesker will be back and be stronger than ever.
#9largerockPosted 11/14/2012 11:11:52 AM
WeskerForever posted...
so_real posted...

It's got to do with what Leon said to Helena about sewers I think.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#10WeskerForever(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:37:27 AM
largerock posted...
WeskerForever posted...
so_real posted...

It's got to do with what Leon said to Helena about sewers I think.

"Not a fan of sewers?"

Do they assume that Helena SHOULD be a fan of sewers because she stinks?
---