What is your number one reason for combo loss?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. What is your number one reason for combo loss?
4 years ago#21
Playing "High Score Hijinx" at Urban Chaos with some random guy.

Up to a decent Combo when BloodShots start coming.
I'm waiting and taking a few seconds to "Counter a Bloodshot Leap before I Heal myself when I have 3 full bars left".

Boss ( Napad ) Charges me from Behind and my life goes to Dying Status. Bloodshot pounces on me. "You Are Dead". *Facepalm and Ragequit game to get a drink of water*
Starcraft 2 Character Name- Aqua / Code-140 Playstation3 PSN: Matty0289
Nintendo 3DS "Friend Code"-----> 4596-9586-8808
4 years ago#22
It used to be that I got overwhelmed and enemies mixed their counter triggers so it didn't work

Now it's nearly always due to my partner, because I am careful and even delay enemy kills as much as possible until I see another one
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
4 years ago#23
Since I play on solo it's usually lack of enemies. Other times either dogs or acid spitters.
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
4 years ago#24
It depends on the map, but most of the time it is a lack of enemies.

Other reasons are stupidity (clicking the wrong button for melee and ending up reloading instead, especially when I played RE5 shortly before it....)

Careless around dogs.

Misassumption about the time it takes to perform a melee kill. Leon for instance can take a lot of time until he finally kills a target with his throw. --; I hate losing a combo while I am already in the melee kill animation the most.

But well... mistakes also happens during weapon select when I am not familiar with the character's weapon set yet. Training makes perfect, but except for the current J'avo event thing I am just too much of a casual gamer for this. :T
4 years ago#25
Magnum cops=all my rage... Seriously i have a full health bar, and a 100+ combo alone, but no, they have to be the best freaking sharpshooter zombies i have ever seen./end rage... But yeah there are times i cant even get up because they hit me like four times straight.
Psn: Jigsaw1621
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 6
4 years ago#26
Blast zombie head, get +1 combo. Then headless zombie grab me, kick the headless head, another +1 combo. lol
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
4 years ago#27
I just tried Mercenaries today, playing the first 3 maps; Urban Chaos, Steel Beast, and Mining the Depth with Leon, Chris, Jake, and Ada. I'm still suck so bad, so far I only managed to get 72k score on SB with Chris and Jake. -_- But I'm sure I'll get better eventually.

I'm still playing on Solo of course, cuz I don't wanna ruin people's game because of my crappy skill. I'll start to join other people's game when I get better.. at least until I can get A rank. So far the best I got is C rank, and sometimes even D. -_-

Anyway, on topic, the spitters, dogs, shrieker (that scream), sniper J'avo, rocket launcher J'avo, jumping zombies, and bloodshots.. they are the number one reason I lose combos. So far I only managed to get 50-ish combos. Well, lack of enemy spawn is also one of the reason I lose combos.. but mostly because of these annoying enemies I mentioned.
4 years ago#28
snake_dante44 posted...
I just tried Mercenaries today, playing the first 3 maps; Urban Chaos, Steel Beast, and Mining the Depth with Leon, Chris, Jake, and Ada. I'm still suck so bad, so far I only managed to get 72k score on SB with Chris and Jake. -_- But I'm sure I'll get better eventually.

I'm still playing on Solo of course, cuz I don't wanna ruin people's game because of my crappy skill. I'll start to join other people's game when I get better.. at least until I can get A rank. So far the best I got is C rank, and sometimes even D. -_-

Anyway, on topic, the spitters, dogs, shrieker (that scream), sniper J'avo, rocket launcher J'avo, jumping zombies, and bloodshots.. they are the number one reason I lose combos. So far I only managed to get 50-ish combos. Well, lack of enemy spawn is also one of the reason I lose combos.. but mostly because of these annoying enemies I mentioned.

Personally- I found playing on duo while a total noob to be a much better teacher then playing solo. You just have to make sure you have the right partner who understands you are still learning. You can add me if you like
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
4 years ago#29
Me and my partner get grabbed/stuck in an animation at the same time.
4 years ago#30
xsniper90x posted...
lack of zombies. this is seriously a huge reason for me.

forget everything else. its not the newbies, its not the zombies grabbing you, ITS PURELY THE LACK OF ENEMIES AFTER YOU REACH A HIGH NUMBER.

This gets easier as you become more familiar with entry spawn locations and timing. I always had difficulty on U/C at 47-50, until I either went up to the bridge, or had a partner do that while I took out the BSAA Agent in the arcade or that's crawling from under the grate.

The first whopper lands in the arcade @ 50. Another arrives at 102. One of the only reasons this happens to me anymore is if I have a partner who gets too overwhelmed and decide to use a grenade launcher or a hazard to take out a mob and destroys 8 zombies at once- this puts you at huge risk of dropping the combo since 8 zombies are in queue to spawn at once.
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. What is your number one reason for combo loss?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived