What is your number one reason for combo loss?

#21Matty0289Posted 11/15/2012 11:18:48 PM
Playing "High Score Hijinx" at Urban Chaos with some random guy.

Up to a decent Combo when BloodShots start coming.
I'm waiting and taking a few seconds to "Counter a Bloodshot Leap before I Heal myself when I have 3 full bars left".

Boss ( Napad ) Charges me from Behind and my life goes to Dying Status. Bloodshot pounces on me. "You Are Dead". *Facepalm and Ragequit game to get a drink of water*
---
Starcraft 2 Character Name- Aqua / Code-140 Playstation3 PSN: Matty0289
Nintendo 3DS "Friend Code"-----> 4596-9586-8808
#22Cartwheel_KickPosted 11/15/2012 11:31:45 PM
It used to be that I got overwhelmed and enemies mixed their counter triggers so it didn't work

Now it's nearly always due to my partner, because I am careful and even delay enemy kills as much as possible until I see another one
---
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
#23largerockPosted 11/15/2012 11:53:27 PM
Since I play on solo it's usually lack of enemies. Other times either dogs or acid spitters.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#24Aya_BPosted 11/16/2012 12:36:07 AM
It depends on the map, but most of the time it is a lack of enemies.

Other reasons are stupidity (clicking the wrong button for melee and ending up reloading instead, especially when I played RE5 shortly before it....)

Careless around dogs.

Misassumption about the time it takes to perform a melee kill. Leon for instance can take a lot of time until he finally kills a target with his throw. --; I hate losing a combo while I am already in the melee kill animation the most.

But well... mistakes also happens during weapon select when I am not familiar with the character's weapon set yet. Training makes perfect, but except for the current J'avo event thing I am just too much of a casual gamer for this. :T
#25JM_14_GOWPosted 11/16/2012 3:31:26 AM
Magnum cops=all my rage... Seriously i have a full health bar, and a 100+ combo alone, but no, they have to be the best freaking sharpshooter zombies i have ever seen./end rage... But yeah there are times i cant even get up because they hit me like four times straight.
---
Psn: Jigsaw1621
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 6
#26AnimesetsunaPosted 11/16/2012 3:43:45 AM
Blast zombie head, get +1 combo. Then headless zombie grab me, kick the headless head, another +1 combo. lol
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#27snake_dante44Posted 11/16/2012 5:48:10 AM
I just tried Mercenaries today, playing the first 3 maps; Urban Chaos, Steel Beast, and Mining the Depth with Leon, Chris, Jake, and Ada. I'm still suck so bad, so far I only managed to get 72k score on SB with Chris and Jake. -_- But I'm sure I'll get better eventually.

I'm still playing on Solo of course, cuz I don't wanna ruin people's game because of my crappy skill. I'll start to join other people's game when I get better.. at least until I can get A rank. So far the best I got is C rank, and sometimes even D. -_-

Anyway, on topic, the spitters, dogs, shrieker (that scream), sniper J'avo, rocket launcher J'avo, jumping zombies, and bloodshots.. they are the number one reason I lose combos. So far I only managed to get 50-ish combos. Well, lack of enemy spawn is also one of the reason I lose combos.. but mostly because of these annoying enemies I mentioned.
#28DanielSpace79Posted 11/16/2012 5:54:35 AM
snake_dante44 posted...
I just tried Mercenaries today, playing the first 3 maps; Urban Chaos, Steel Beast, and Mining the Depth with Leon, Chris, Jake, and Ada. I'm still suck so bad, so far I only managed to get 72k score on SB with Chris and Jake. -_- But I'm sure I'll get better eventually.

I'm still playing on Solo of course, cuz I don't wanna ruin people's game because of my crappy skill. I'll start to join other people's game when I get better.. at least until I can get A rank. So far the best I got is C rank, and sometimes even D. -_-

Anyway, on topic, the spitters, dogs, shrieker (that scream), sniper J'avo, rocket launcher J'avo, jumping zombies, and bloodshots.. they are the number one reason I lose combos. So far I only managed to get 50-ish combos. Well, lack of enemy spawn is also one of the reason I lose combos.. but mostly because of these annoying enemies I mentioned.

Personally- I found playing on duo while a total noob to be a much better teacher then playing solo. You just have to make sure you have the right partner who understands you are still learning. You can add me if you like
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#29HarleenzPosted 11/16/2012 6:05:08 AM
Me and my partner get grabbed/stuck in an animation at the same time.
#30DanielSpace79Posted 11/16/2012 6:11:11 AM
xsniper90x posted...
lack of zombies. this is seriously a huge reason for me.

forget everything else. its not the newbies, its not the zombies grabbing you, ITS PURELY THE LACK OF ENEMIES AFTER YOU REACH A HIGH NUMBER.

This gets easier as you become more familiar with entry spawn locations and timing. I always had difficulty on U/C at 47-50, until I either went up to the bridge, or had a partner do that while I took out the BSAA Agent in the arcade or that's crawling from under the grate.

The first whopper lands in the arcade @ 50. Another arrives at 102. One of the only reasons this happens to me anymore is if I have a partner who gets too overwhelmed and decide to use a grenade launcher or a hazard to take out a mob and destroys 8 zombies at once- this puts you at huge risk of dropping the combo since 8 zombies are in queue to spawn at once.
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType