What would be YOUR ideal RE game? (KEEP IT SHORT)

#1Cartwheel_KickPosted 11/15/2012 10:29:47 PM
KEEP IT SHORT, nobody wants to read another 15 lines paragraph rant

As for me, I like the way RE6 is going control and gameplay-wise, so keep it that way (less QTEs though, let the player dodge s*** himself). But include top quality and mature writing, make the death scenes actually scary and gory. Maybe accentuate the survival/scary factor more. It would be fine with current controls, maybe just make environments and story more survival than mission-oriented, RE:R on 3DS did it well IMO.

I AM interested in knowing what different people would like to expect from the RE series, no opinion is bad but again keep it short
---
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
#2SiLVeR_420Posted 11/15/2012 11:05:04 PM
Fixed camera angles and tank controls.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#3BlueSkies7776Posted 11/15/2012 11:33:18 PM
God, all I want is the atmosphere and story telling of the classic RE games. I love RE4 but lets face it, RE4 basically turned RE into an action game. What I loved about the classic RE games was the slow, atmospheric pacing.
---
My good movie of the week: "Little Women" (1949)
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#4DarkchocolateXPosted 11/15/2012 11:58:53 PM
Resident evil 2 Remake, done classic style just visual upgrade.
---
Typical pc gamer's sig on Gamefaqs: Core i9, 32 GB ram, GT over 9000 graphic card and 500 TB hard drive.
#5Aya_BPosted 11/16/2012 12:15:19 AM
Better A.I. More need of people to work together to survive, instead of rather forced coop points like needing two to open a door...

Story written to get the player into it, and steady rising difficulty curve with correct placing of weapons and ammunition. There was mostly no need to ever switch away from the handgun in RE6. Action Intervals possible at time, but not all the time.

Definitely less QTE, and less chasing perspective camera. I want to know where I am running more than to see what is coming after me. At least I don't need to see it ALL the time.

Making efforts actually count at least a little. Survivors in the Bus, Cathedral for instance.. did not matter how well you did, the result is the same anyway in RE6.

That said, I am not unhappy with the current version and it seems like they will get some good feedback to decide on the future path of the series.
#6AnimesetsunaPosted 11/16/2012 12:28:17 AM
Bring back true Survival Horror.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#7GoldsicklePosted 11/16/2012 12:42:57 AM
RE6 already put a lot of features I really wanted:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/63306502

I'd like all the gameplay mechanics of 6 but with the backtracking progression of the older games and the game not divided into chapters.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#8Cartwheel_Kick(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 12:53:08 AM
Goldsickle posted...
RE6 already put a lot of features I really wanted:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/63306502

I'd like all the gameplay mechanics of 6 but with the backtracking progression of the older games and the game not divided into chapters.

I remember this topic. This is how I felt too, after RE5 (which I liked) I thought "just stop it with the static, live "game of chess" controls, give the player mobility and make enemies more dangerous to compensate". I'm happy that this is how it turned out, and some parts show that horror does not necessarily suffer from the new controls.
---
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
#9GoldsicklePosted 11/16/2012 1:38:32 AM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
I'm happy that this is how it turned out, and some parts show that horror does not necessarily suffer from the new controls.

Games like Silent Hill, Fatal Frame and Siren already proved this.

Especially Fatal Frame, which I feel is ahead of it's time.
A "survival horror" with FPS controls since 2001.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#10aznStaRBoYPosted 11/16/2012 2:54:50 AM
Very simple. More built-in formalized avoidance tactics.

The premise of survival horror has always been lack of weapons. Choosing between fighting and avoidance is the fundamental choice in survival horror.

That's why rewarding players with a rocket launcher in all the old RE games was so mind numblingly titillating. By going through the experience once, you get to turn that fundamental choice on its head and blast everything to next Tuesday.

But the new games took away that gratification by having weapons everywhere. The premise of those games was the same as any shooting game: accuracy and speed, rather than the more carnal choice of flight or flight.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]