What would be YOUR ideal RE game? (KEEP IT SHORT)

#41Mister_ZurkonPosted 11/17/2012 6:59:11 PM
Resident Evil 4
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#42Mister_ZurkonPosted 11/17/2012 6:59:44 PM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
Modern day Metroidvania in third-person, with jump scares.

Revelations?
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#43hunter_7289Posted 11/17/2012 7:01:49 PM
RE 6.5 helicopter pilot training
RE 7 Hunter kills Chris with poisoned cake with sprinkles on a helicopter with bear traps. Helicopter pilot survives due to proper pilot training.
---
Official Talk No Jutsu of All Boards- The Hunter has the will to win. Do you?
#44Game JediPosted 11/17/2012 7:34:11 PM
Infected bears that eat your face off.
---
Not changing my signature until Resident Evil 2 is remade, and Gouki is included (in-game or as DLC) in a non-campaign mode.
#45Cartwheel_Kick(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 7:47:38 PM
hunter_7289 posted...
Helicopter pilot survives due to proper pilot training.

Now it wouldn't be RE anymore for sure
---
AgainstMeIsBest posted...
if you have to triple post I think that means nobody cares
#46Ryan-06Posted 11/17/2012 8:01:41 PM(edited)
I wanted RE6 to be more moody and atmospheric like Dead Space 1 and 2. TBH the soundtrack in RE6 is awful, TOO much orchestral and friggin trumpets, especially in Chris and Jake's. Everyone knows that music plays a large part in setting a mood for any genre, but in horror its even more important.

Try playing DS1-2, and listen to how disturbing and distorted the music can get depending on situation, like sudden spikes in tone and pace. It all adds to the atmosphere and tension of each level.

The worst example I can think of right now is the battle music in Jakes campaign. Everyone remember ch. 4, once you get on the narrow street and start fighting Javo?
The music that goes like "PURP PPPURP PURP- PURP PURP! PURP PURP PURP PRUP! daa da dah PURP PURP PURP PURP"

RUINS. the mood. ALOT. Damn its not hard. RE4 had an appropriate OST.
Sometimes I wished Visceral Games made RE6 since DS1-2 were so great anyway.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six
"Tougher than I look" http://i.imgur.com/i5krA.gif
#47cuttin_in_townPosted 11/17/2012 8:26:55 PM
RE6 controls (remove the quickshot -.-)

RE5 Inventory system (Love the 9 boxes in real time method)

RE5 weapon system (Guns are missable, and can be upgraded. Multiple types of sniper/handgun/magnum etc)

Enemies don't drop ammo unless you equip a skill for that specific ammo type (Even then, it'll be scarce.)

Less cutscenes for "big" moments, more real time events. (Chris' team Vs Snake for example)

RE5 online setup

Unlockables (Weapons, costumes, etc)

RE6 styled campaigns (intersections are a decent concept)

More melee orientated foes. (less snipers/gunmen >_>)

Atmosphere. (Leon 1 was decent, but it could use less control restricting)

Can't think of anything else, atm.
---
(http://i45.tinypic.com/2v820w2.gif) (pending edit...)
ATTN: Grammar Nazis: http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t469/kurotem/4c5fc1a3.gif
#48Mr_Big_BossPosted 11/17/2012 9:04:24 PM
I want a single player game, no more forced co-op. I don't mind if they include an optional co-op mode, but I don't want the game designed around co-op.

I want the game to be a city wide outbreak where the objective is to escape. Make it a large city, like NY.

Claire Redfield returns for this survival horror game that has creepy atmosphere.

As for enemies, I don't want to see a single gun wielding enemy. Zombies will be the main enemy you face. There needs to be more BOWs like hunters and tyrants, etc

and

Infected bears that eat your face off.

---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#49VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/18/2012 10:33:20 PM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Revelations?

Get rid of the non-Jill levels and cut down on the cutscenes and set-pieces, and yep! But I obviously wouldn't mind a true sequel to RE4 either. ;)