Okay... so... impressions (spoilers)

#1GanondeathPosted 11/17/2012 7:52:59 PM
I just beat Leon's story. The story to this game is just ludicrous! The first two levels were great but then I found myself traveling ever downward to the center of the earth where apparently floating platforms exist, then I went down some more; so far down so that I came out of a cave that I can only assume was the other side of the planet. Then I fought Simmons who can transform in the same manner as a Transformer, even becoming a freakin' dinosaur!! That was was just ridiculous! It doesn't even seem like they were trying to write a legitimate story.

All that said though the game wasn't that bad: a good game, but by FAR the worst Resident Evil title in my opinion, and I am a major fan of the franchise, it's one of my 3 favorite franchises ever.

Some other gripes I have is the monsters, I thought they were very lame, and I hated how endless they were at times. Same thing I didn't like about Borderlands 2, way too many enemies. That's why after 2 stages, I turned RE6 on easy mode. I haven't played the other stories yet, but I kinda, just kinda, looking forward to seeing if the story can go anywhere else.

Overall, I'll take Operation Raccoon City over this game any day of the week. I'm curious to hear (read) what others think.
---
Poptarts are Illogical.
#2ZephranthesPosted 11/17/2012 7:54:41 PM
Ganondeath posted...
That's why after 2 stages, I turned RE6 on easy mode

Hey, whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night.
#3Ganondeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 7:55:20 PM
What?... I don't get it.
---
Poptarts are Illogical.
#4MonkeyKrazy07Posted 11/17/2012 7:58:07 PM
I admit it's pretty crappy, but worse than OPERATION RACCOON CITY? ..just no. o_O;
#5Ganondeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 8:01:05 PM
I liked the mechanics and even the more believable story of RE:ORC over this game. Actually by a lot too now that I think about it. I do like this game though, just the story is just... I can't follow it. Older Resident Evil titles are simply zombies, and surviving said zombies, but this game you go places. I mean PLACES. I felt like I was in Narnia of something lol.
---
Poptarts are Illogical.
#6BakyuraPosted 11/17/2012 8:05:21 PM
Iunno, (some people will probably yell at me for this) I never really found RE's story to be very good, even the "side" games. I mean considering what it's about I'm not going to bother saying which has a more believable story but still.

I've only really liked the RE series for the characters (To an extent.), the gameplay, and in the older ones, the atmosphere. :x
#7Ganondeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 8:10:23 PM
Well a virus that spreads and resurrects the dead is way more believable than traveling to the center of the earth and finding the biggest room ever that houses floating platforms and this virus can make a man transform into a dinosaur and a giant fly!

I just wanted to complain a little about this game... in good spirit. Like I said I like the game... just... this story. It can be followed through the other games: you can see how RE4 and RE5 tie in, this game just breaks all connection.
---
Poptarts are Illogical.
#8largerockPosted 11/17/2012 8:13:47 PM
You expected a good story from Capcom?
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#9Ganondeath(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 8:14:45 PM
LOL, that's true.
---
Poptarts are Illogical.
#10Stover46Posted 11/17/2012 9:00:29 PM
What?... I don't get it.

He's showing off his e-peen and saying he's better than you because he's better at the game
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://i1.ytimg.com/u/xsasIWeopo0w8WVLqiXM6A/channels3_background.jpg?v=e0c992