RE6 mercs - standard mode. RE5 reunion - noob mode. RE5 mercs super noob mode

#1MuZemikePosted 11/18/2012 11:21:20 AM
RE6 mercs - standard mode
Only 30% of the enemies are the easiest enemies and you must deal with tougher enemies. Furthermore, 150 combos are mandatory and you must hold boss until the end of the game.

RE5 reunion - noob mode
About 50% of the enemies are the easiest enemies and 150 combos are mandatory and you must hold boss until the end of the game. But keeping boss is much easier than in RE6 as the bosses are very slow and predictable.

RE5 mercs -super noob mode
About 90% of the enemies are the easiest enemies. You need not keep combos to get good scores. You need not hold the bosses. You can kill them instantly.
This mode is for super noobs who can deal with only the easiest enemies.
#2FrogEyezPosted 11/18/2012 11:26:50 AM
And your (misinformed) point is?
---
GT - JeDDyD
"Didn't my signature smacking your face in the muscles flexible?"
#3MuZemike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:28:16 AM
Good opinion on why Capcom increased the difficulty in RE6.
I agree with him.
in RE5 mercs, noobs stayed noobs as it require no skill. But In RE6 noobs got the chance to get better.

Cartwheel_Kick
Posted 11/16/2012 2:14:34 PM
message detail
I'll never agree with keeping a low difficulty for the sake of noobs. That just dumbs down games and those with more skills get tired quickly. You can get better, but you can't get worse, if you reach the skill ceiling quickly you'll get bored.

Even though it was frustrating, I enjoyed having to avoid dying (something that rarely happened in RE5) in RE6 mercenaries, before I could even dream to get a 150 combo. Just accept your skill level or get better
#4Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 11/18/2012 11:44:42 AM
MuZemike posted...
RE6 mercs - standard mode
Only 30% of the enemies are the easiest enemies and you must deal with tougher enemies because the guns are weaker due to not being upgraded. Furthermore, you must play as Wesker, 150 combos are mandatory and you must hold boss until the end of the game.

fix'd
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#5AnimesetsunaPosted 11/18/2012 2:32:41 PM
I always find hard in RE5 Mercs and Mercs reunion and never get 150combos. So am i noob?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#6Chunga_WongPosted 11/18/2012 3:20:42 PM
you want 'noob mode'? i went back and played RE5 mercs reunion the other day with a guy who just fired non-stop with heavy metal chris's gattling gun, while i ran around hitting the time bonuses and trying to melee everyone.. and i'm not even a very good player, but we easily got A rank
#7AnimesetsunaPosted 11/18/2012 3:30:42 PM
RE4 Mercs - Veteran Mode (LOL)
RE5 Mercs & Mercs Reunion - Noob and Super noob Mode
RE6 Mercs - Standard Mode
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#8MuZemike(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:41:26 AM
Chunga_Wong posted...
you want 'noob mode'? i went back and played RE5 mercs reunion the other day with a guy who just fired non-stop with heavy metal chris's gattling gun, while i ran around hitting the time bonuses and trying to melee everyone.. and i'm not even a very good player, but we easily got A rank

Yeah and 5 mercs is even easier than reunion. that is why it is called a super noob mode.
#9HarleenzPosted 11/19/2012 8:05:09 AM
Aside from your made up statistics, what the TC wrote sounds mostly true in theory. But practically, RE6 is probably the easiest mercenaries mode.

Re5 mercs was forgiving in dropping the combo, but you still had to build up a good time, which is pretty tough. You'd have to consistently be getting 3 kills with 1 cobra strike or whatever for a high score.

4 is the hardest mercs mode imo. Never did get that handcannon.
#10Crimson_RexPosted 11/19/2012 8:26:03 AM
Harleenz posted...
Aside from your made up statistics, what the TC wrote sounds mostly true in theory. But practically, RE6 is probably the easiest mercenaries mode.

Re5 mercs was forgiving in dropping the combo, but you still had to build up a good time, which is pretty tough. You'd have to consistently be getting 3 kills with 1 cobra strike or whatever for a high score.

4 is the hardest mercs mode imo. Never did get that handcannon.

Pretty much this, /thread.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West