The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Resident DOOM Evil 7..........

#1FadetooBlackPosted 11/18/2012 5:52:27 PM
I'm not a fan of the direction this game has gone (as far as the mutations and all) but people who complain about it not being survival horror need to understand something... We have reached a climatic point in the game where nearly the whole world is now infected, so the sneaking around, investigating, solving puzzles can no longer be a focus. It's now about containment... I can now only be a full fledged action game.

Now if they had kept it in isolated events and focused on stopping Umbrella specifically, then I could understand survival horror. But Capcom went with the mass epidemic direction instead, so what else did people expect?! As a matter of fact, the next game can only be like Doom to the third power at this point... The series has gotten out of hand now with full scale monsters so Anything less than Doom would be stupid.
---
Rest in Piss
#2xFozzie_BearPosted 11/18/2012 6:02:44 PM
I would agree with you 100% the concept is lost and I there is no going back but that doesn't mean that is the way it should have gone. The problem started with RE4 and even though i love them all i just wish it wouldnt have gone in that direction.
---
7 minutes.....7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you.
#3FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 6:05:45 PM
But that's the thing, RE4 was still grounded with the rest of the series... It may have been more action, but at least they could still turn back if they wanted. Now RE6 forces the game into complete action.
---
Rest in Piss
#4skermacPosted 11/18/2012 6:55:33 PM
FadetooBlack posted...
But that's the thing, RE4 was still grounded with the rest of the series... It may have been more action, but at least they could still turn back if they wanted. Now RE6 forces the game into complete action.

Capcom can and should go back or lose so many sales the series will end.

They can focus a game on a small town and not fight a global war all at once. Maybe focus on a family or group trying to get to a safer town.
#5FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 12:36:40 PM
Not after all of this... Its too much to come down from. Especially after playing Chris campaign.

Leon's campaign is the closest thing to normal RE... So far, Im only on chapter 2.
---
Rest in Piss
#6Hawke0Posted 11/19/2012 12:43:43 PM
skermac posted...
FadetooBlack posted...

They can focus a game on a small town and not fight a global war all at once. Maybe focus on a family or group trying to get to a safer town.

lol, while I agree going back to survival horror, you think the masses are on your side with that? Reminds me of Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation) saying most people didn't care about online multiplayer.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#7solidoutlawPosted 11/19/2012 12:52:04 PM
There are plenty of ways they could've kept horror in, even during a massive epidemic. One of the easiest ways they could've done so in fact was to take Chris's PTSD, and REALLY push it forward. Make him hallucinate, have him see normal people as BOWs, and images of all of his dead comrades and friends. He'd hear Wesker's voice taunting him. He'd start reliving past memories like the mansion. And he could be in a situation where most of his men were dead and he was low on ammo as well as injured.
---
PSN: rayplay I have not played P4 yet so pls don't spoil!!
"Wow, there's more hate in here than a K K K meeting!"
#8skermacPosted 11/19/2012 12:53:20 PM
Hawke0 posted...
skermac posted...
FadetooBlack posted...

lol, while I agree going back to survival horror, you think the masses are on your side with that? Reminds me of Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation) saying most people didn't care about online multiplayer.

The masses wiil buy ANYTHING that has Resident Evil in the title so Capcom could easily make a suvival horror game inbetween 6 and 7 and sell tons.
#9badbadkittyPosted 11/19/2012 1:13:45 PM
FadetooBlack posted...
I'm not a fan of the direction this game has gone (as far as the mutations and all) but people who complain about it not being survival horror need to understand something... We have reached a climatic point in the game where nearly the whole world is now infected, so the sneaking around, investigating, solving puzzles can no longer be a focus. It's now about containment... I can now only be a full fledged action game.

Now if they had kept it in isolated events and focused on stopping Umbrella specifically, then I could understand survival horror. But Capcom went with the mass epidemic direction instead, so what else did people expect?! As a matter of fact, the next game can only be like Doom to the third power at this point... The series has gotten out of hand now with full scale monsters so Anything less than Doom would be stupid.

If Capcom could create a RE with the outright brutal speed of Doom 2 I would purchase in a second. Modern FPS are slow boring slogfests and the hybridization in 6 is lame. RE4 was still interesting to me as it was a pretty new concept but nothing beats the speed of Doom 2.
#10DavyyyyPosted 11/19/2012 2:02:21 PM
FadetooBlack posted...

^ this
RE is now about saving the world. The main characters are now like super heroes.
They can'T go back to sneaking around and investigeting things. Monsters are seen everywhere. Now it's all about saving the world.
The main characters are not afraid of anything. Look at Jake he smileys and act cocky when ustanak appears. Of course Leon/Chris/Jill are not afraid any more, they have seen everything and done everything.

I like the series. I enjoy Re 5 & 6.
This is my explenation why the series can't go back to survivor.