Resident DOOM Evil 7..........

#11edward18Posted 11/19/2012 3:05:01 PM

^ this
RE is now about saving the world.

It's always been about that.

The main characters are now like super heroes.

Sadly

They can'T go back to sneaking around and investigeting things.

...says who?

Monsters are seen everywhere. Now it's all about saving the world.

Which it's always been...

The main characters are not afraid of anything.

Then make them be afraid.

Look at Jake he smileys and act cocky when ustanak appears.

A reason to not like that.

Of course Leon/Chris/Jill are not afraid any more, they have seen everything and done everything.

Doesn't mean they won't be afraid of something new.

I like the series. I enjoy Re 5 & 6.

And 4?...

This is my explenation why the series can't go back to survivor.

And I just have to ask why in response.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#12Mister_ZurkonPosted 11/19/2012 3:13:22 PM
Doom is in a lot of way the prototypical "Survival Horror" game. Claustrophobic Hallways, Dynamic Lighting, emphasis on exploration and Puzzles. And Believe it or not, there were stealth aspects to Classic Doom. There were many times avoiding a fight was the best option. Or at least running.

In other words, RE6 wishes it was Doom.

Most games should be more like Doom.

GOD DAMN DOOM WAS GOOD.
---
I prefer Genaro's. But what do I know? I'm a bear. I suck the heads off fish! - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
#13edward18Posted 11/19/2012 3:18:41 PM
and it isn't how RE should be
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#14VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/19/2012 3:26:20 PM
Zurkon hit the nail on the head, as usual. Doom 1 and 2 are actually much closer to the classic Resident Evil titles in game design than RE6, while Doom 3 is closer to them in atmosphere.
#15FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:45:45 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
There are plenty of ways they could've kept horror in, even during a massive epidemic. One of the easiest ways they could've done so in fact was to take Chris's PTSD, and REALLY push it forward. Make him hallucinate, have him see normal people as BOWs, and images of all of his dead comrades and friends. He'd hear Wesker's voice taunting him. He'd start reliving past memories like the mansion. And he could be in a situation where most of his men were dead and he was low on ammo as well as injured.

Man, Capcom needs to hire YOU!
---
Rest in Piss
#16FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:55:29 PM
"If Capcom could create a RE with the outright brutal speed of Doom 2 I would purchase in a second. Modern FPS are slow boring slogfests and the hybridization in 6 is lame. RE4 was still interesting to me as it was a pretty new concept but nothing beats the speed of Doom 2."

Well of course it would have to stay in over-the-shoulder third person like it is now... People love the characters, especially Leon. The problem I always had with Doom was that the protagonist had no character or any FP perspective character for the most part.

"^ this
RE is now about saving the world.

It's always been about that."

Not all, 1 wasn't and neither was 4... They were about investigating incidents.
---
Rest in Piss
#17edward18Posted 11/19/2012 9:02:49 PM
4 most certainly was about saving the world (no matter how stupid the plot to take it over was), and after 1 the characters are always "It's time to take down Umbrella".

And Leon's the main character that I like the least.
---
#18good_tobiPosted 11/20/2012 7:05:38 AM
FadetooBlack posted...
I'm not a fan of the direction this game has gone

and you're still here? give up the series and make Capcom hear else they don't care
---
It's too late to apologize.
#19largerockPosted 11/20/2012 7:14:11 AM
solidoutlaw posted...
There are plenty of ways they could've kept horror in, even during a massive epidemic. One of the easiest ways they could've done so in fact was to take Chris's PTSD, and REALLY push it forward. Make him hallucinate, have him see normal people as BOWs, and images of all of his dead comrades and friends. He'd hear Wesker's voice taunting him. He'd start reliving past memories like the mansion. And he could be in a situation where most of his men were dead and he was low on ammo as well as injured.

I just imagined it and now all my pants are sticky.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#20FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:08:34 PM
good_tobi posted...
FadetooBlack posted...
I'm not a fan of the direction this game has gone

and you're still here? give up the series and make Capcom hear else they don't care

Just because you're not happy with something doesn't mean you hate it... Your logic is badly wounded.
---
Rest in Piss