Resident DOOM Evil 7..........

#21Hawke0Posted 11/20/2012 11:14:16 AM
Mister_Zurkon posted...
Doom is in a lot of way the prototypical "Survival Horror" game. Claustrophobic Hallways, Dynamic Lighting, emphasis on exploration and Puzzles. And Believe it or not, there were stealth aspects to Classic Doom. There were many times avoiding a fight was the best option. Or at least running.

In other words, RE6 wishes it was Doom.

Most games should be more like Doom.

GOD DAMN DOOM WAS GOOD.

Yep. Way better than the magnetic chest high wall shooters of today.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#22FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 4:30:28 PM
Yea but most people want to play a role not see themselves as the character. First person games are fun mostly when action but not when they are trying to tell a story involving the character.
---
Rest in Piss
#23GamingVetPosted 11/22/2012 11:10:59 AM
The OP makes a good point about the series being about containment and the world is affected on a mass level. However, that doesn't mean that future titles cannot still play more methodically. All they would have to do is focus on smaller areas with fewer possible infected. For example they could confine the game to a few smaller areas such as another large mansion/prison/etc. Then that way it would make sense that you aren't killing over a thousand enemies when the game is complete.
#24PechabusterPosted 11/22/2012 12:35:42 PM
solidoutlaw posted...
There are plenty of ways they could've kept horror in, even during a massive epidemic. One of the easiest ways they could've done so in fact was to take Chris's PTSD, and REALLY push it forward. Make him hallucinate, have him see normal people as BOWs, and images of all of his dead comrades and friends. He'd hear Wesker's voice taunting him. He'd start reliving past memories like the mansion. And he could be in a situation where most of his men were dead and he was low on ammo as well as injured.

There would still be people who would whine and make all sorts of complains such as that it was "unrealistic", "having him fight normal people is a departure from fighting zombies", "hallucinations have no place in RE" "wesker's voice taunting him is so cliche", "the part where Chris is low on ammo and injured is too HARD"

These are some of the complaints I'd vision seeing on the board if that was the game. You can't please everyone. Theres way too many people
#25Blackmarvel79Posted 11/22/2012 12:59:04 PM
While I enjoy the new gameplay if they made an puzzle style with less ammo i wouldnt be opposed as long as the enviorment was a facility in the middle of nowhere. Not a city or military base.
---
Currently playing Resident Evil 6 and Peace Walker.
#26FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 1:25:46 PM
I don't know about the low ammo part... Its frustrating enough the way it is.
---
Rest in Piss
#27good_tobiPosted 11/25/2012 11:10:39 AM
FadetooBlack posted...
good_tobi posted...
FadetooBlack posted...
I'm not a fan of the direction this game has gone

and you're still here? give up the series and make Capcom hear else they don't care

Just because you're not happy with something doesn't mean you hate it

well then as long as you're buying the game and Capcom is making enough profits, its better to forget classic gameplays.
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#28desi_shinobiPosted 11/25/2012 11:27:50 AM
good_tobi posted...
FadetooBlack posted...
good_tobi posted...
FadetooBlack posted...

and you're still here? give up the series and make Capcom hear else they don't care

well then as long as you're buying the game and Capcom is making enough profits, its better to forget classic gameplays.

Not entirely. The Classics still live on, the people who still crave it can replay those.

- RE0
- RE1/DC/Remake
- RE2
- RE3
- REOutbreak
- REOutbreak #File2
- RECV

There's plenty to play (I'm hoping the RE2 Remake is going to happen)

Then there's other horror series to get into.

- Dead Space
- Fatal Frame/Project Zero
- Clock Tower
- Silent Hill
- Ju-On: The Grudge
- Sirens
- Alone in the Dark
- Dino Crisis (DC2 is an action game)
- F.E.A.R
- Parasite Eve
- Alan Wake
- Amnesia
- Condemned
- Deadly Premenition
- Doom

There is plenty out there.. (Maybe they won't be as good as what RE did at Survival Horror but there should be more then enough to fill the void)
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#29edward18Posted 11/25/2012 11:30:46 AM
And what about when people want more REs that play like the classics?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#30good_tobiPosted 11/25/2012 11:40:34 AM
desi_shinobi posted...
good_tobi posted...
FadetooBlack posted...
good_tobi posted...
FadetooBlack posted...

Not entirely. The Classics still live on, the people who still crave it can replay those.

- RE0
- RE1/DC/Remake
- RE2
- RE3
- REOutbreak
- REOutbreak #File2
- RECV

There's plenty to play (I'm hoping the RE2 Remake is going to happen)

Then there's other horror series to get into.

- Dead Space
- Fatal Frame/Project Zero
- Clock Tower
- Silent Hill
- Ju-On: The Grudge
- Sirens
- Alone in the Dark
- Dino Crisis (DC2 is an action game)
- F.E.A.R
- Parasite Eve
- Alan Wake
- Amnesia
- Condemned
- Deadly Premenition
- Doom

There is plenty out there.. (Maybe they won't be as good as what RE did at Survival Horror but there should be more then enough to fill the void)

Personally, I think people don't play RE games for survival horror alone, there are lots of games with similar theme. If they had, RE series would have ended by RE4. I still remember when I played RE4 for first time my reaction was like, "hey this isn't a resident evil game" but as time passed, I have accepted their decision to evolve their gameplays like so many other games do.
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.