Resident DOOM Evil 7..........

#31edward18Posted 11/25/2012 12:49:38 PM
I haven't. To me it was just change, not evolution.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#32PechabusterPosted 11/25/2012 12:50:24 PM
good_tobi posted...

Personally, I think people don't play RE games for survival horror alone, there are lots of games with similar theme. If they had, RE series would have ended by RE4. I still remember when I played RE4 for first time my reaction was like, "hey this isn't a resident evil game" but as time passed, I have accepted their decision to evolve their gameplays like so many other games do.

RE was a piss poor survival horror, one of the worst. It was a damn good adventure game.

Also look up Corpse Party.
#33desi_shinobiPosted 11/25/2012 12:53:41 PM
I was loving it soon as popped the disk into the Gamecube and loved how much freedom I got. I got addicted to RE4, I mean addicted!! Through the 9 years I had the game. I clocked it 168 times. When RE4 got rereleased on PS2, I bought it again because of the extra content.

I have also long accepted the change in genre and enjoyed the **** out of RE4,5 and 6.

But come to think of it, I have bought a few Capcoms releases.

- Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
- Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV
- Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 3: SE
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#34edward18Posted 11/25/2012 12:58:42 PM
a main series should never change the kind of game it is
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#35good_tobiPosted 11/25/2012 1:15:12 PM
edward18 posted...
I haven't. To me it was just change, not evolution.

Change = devil may cry
evolution = Resident evil 4

Pechabuster posted...

RE was a piss poor survival horror, one of the worst. It was a damn good adventure game.

it was good back then but its certainly not the game for TODAY. Running door to door with tense environment may work for first time but on re-run it gets predictable and boring.

desi_shinobi posted...
I was loving it soon as popped the disk into the Gamecube and loved how much freedom I got. I got addicted to RE4, I mean addicted!! Through the 9 years I had the game. I clocked it 168 times. When RE4 got rereleased on PS2, I bought it again because of the extra content.

I have also long accepted the change in genre and enjoyed the **** out of RE4,5 and 6.

I think RE4 just good(my 2nd game straight after RE3). Back then I wasn't much into internet and never knew that it was such a universally critically acclaimed game 'cause personally I didn't feel it barring few chapters and Leon and Ada's mysterious relationship. Have to say that I didn't find as addicting as you 'cause just after few months of playing it, I gave my copy to my friend.
---
Those who break rules are trash but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash.
#36edward18Posted 11/25/2012 1:18:49 PM

Change = devil may cry

I haven't ever played Devil May Cry as the game looks annoying to listen to. That being said DMC was made from RE4, so yeah, that's sort of change for me in RE4.

it was good back then but its certainly not the game for TODAY. Running door to door with tense environment may work for first time but on re-run it gets predictable and boring.

A game is a game. Time passing does not change how it is. It's just as good now as it was back then.
---
#37desi_shinobiPosted 11/25/2012 1:39:53 PM
edward18 posted...

Change = devil may cry

I haven't ever played Devil May Cry as the game looks annoying to listen to. That being said DMC was made from RE4, so yeah, that's sort of change for me in RE4.

A game is a game. Time passing does not change how it is. It's just as good now as it was back then.

Only that rule applies to Fighting games and FPS.

Action/Horror/Adventure based games have to constantly evolve to keep up with the times. RE control scheme would never work in this day and age. The RE survival horror era is long gone.

It was basically the same game everytime. Though I enjoyed them all thoroughly but I can admit that the improvements were minor.

It was RE4 evolution and change in genre that gave the series the well needed make over it needed.

RE franchise would have died a long time ago if it stuck to its old ways. It wouldn't have sold as much compared to RE4-6.

Any game franchise has the right to change its formula.

But its up to you to continue to support it or not. But like that's going to make a change.

I have enjoyed the journey from RE1 all the way to now, and I have no major complaints about the series so far.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#38edward18Posted 11/25/2012 1:44:05 PM

Only that rule applies to Fighting games and FPS.

It applies to any.

Action/Horror/Adventure based games have to constantly evolve to keep up with the times.

Evolve, not change.

RE control scheme would never work in this day and age. The RE survival horror era is long gone.

...yeah it would. Just use it again and there you go.

It was basically the same game everytime.

As any sequel pretty much is and should be.

It was RE4 evolution and change in genre that gave the series the well needed make over it needed.

It killed what the series was.

RE franchise would have died a long time ago if it stuck to its old ways. It wouldn't have sold as much compared to RE4-6.

Should've died rather than become what it did.

Any game franchise has the right to change its formula.

Doesn't mean it should.

But its up to you to continue to support it or not. But like that's going to make a change.

Not buying the product is the best way to effect it negatively.

I have enjoyed the journey from RE1 all the way to now, and I have no major complaints about the series so far.

Congrats.
---
#39PechabusterPosted 11/25/2012 1:57:04 PM
Edward grew up on Megaman so his views on gaming is incredibly narrow and he falsely thinks that all gaming franchise has to have the games have the exact same mechanics..
#40edward18Posted 11/25/2012 2:03:53 PM
I didn't play Mega Man until I was over 12 years old.
---