Resident DOOM Evil 7..........

#41desi_shinobiPosted 11/25/2012 1:14:48 PM
It is very narrow minded thinking but hey its only his opinion.

Your saying it should of died there. Does that mean the series is dead to you now?

Did you even purchase or rent RE6?
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#42edward18Posted 11/25/2012 1:16:42 PM
No I didn't, and even if I wanted to I couldn't cause my PS3 no longer exists. I bought 5 hoping it would get things back to normal but all it did was give a better story and a protagonist that didn't make me wanna rip my ears off.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#43Spade59Posted 11/25/2012 1:47:42 PM
RE4 was isolated but had tons of action. Not only this, but developers often choose the gameplay direction well before making any plot. Aesthetics, music and s*** are usually conducive to gameplay and this is why.

"Oh but this action bulls*** makes sense because pl0t!!1"

No, it's because Capcom caters to your eleven year old brother, who likely owns Black Ops and Halo.
#44PechabusterPosted 11/25/2012 8:12:26 PM
Spade59 posted...
RE always had tons of action. Not only this, but developers often choose the gameplay direction well before making any plot. Aesthetics, music and s*** are usually conducive to gameplay and this is why.

No, it's because Capcom caters to your eleven year old brother, who likely owns Black Ops and Halo.

FTFY
#45Spade59Posted 11/25/2012 8:48:21 PM
No s*** RE always had action. Only now it's the only thing. No exploration, little to no puzzle solving and no sense of ammo conservation with your god-like kung-fu.
#46FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:36:53 AM(edited)
Pechabuster posted...
Spade59 posted...
RE always had tons of action. Not only this, but developers often choose the gameplay direction well before making any plot. Aesthetics, music and s*** are usually conducive to gameplay and this is why.

FTFY

Everything is action-oriented now... That's the current trend. Hack n slash is making a STRONG comeback.
---
Rest in Piss
#47desi_shinobiPosted 11/26/2012 10:30:17 AM
FadetooBlack posted...
Pechabuster posted...
Spade59 posted...

FTFY

Everything is action-oriented now... That's the current trend. Hack n slash is making a STRONG comeback.

Yrah DmC and MGS: Revegeance look very promising.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge looks **** once again but if it ever comes as DLC for the beta version we got then I'm buying it!

I for one enjoy all the action in RE6. One thing about RE which is a staple I glad they got rid of was the constant backtracking.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#48PechabusterPosted 11/26/2012 5:12:19 PM
FadetooBlack posted...

Everything mainstream was action-oriented back then too including Resident Evil.

And of course there definitely still ARE non action games out there today (ace attorney, scribblenauts, Pokemon Rumble Blast to name a few.) Video games are an action medium though.