The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How's this game?

#1tried_42_longPosted 11/19/2012 2:44:28 AM
I've been thinking if I should buy the game.

I've searched reviews and some topics. It seems that some hated the QTE's and camera.

Is it that bad? Or is the game really fun to play?

I saw some enemies were cooler.
---
PSN:tried_4_2_long
#2Jonathan_F_GPosted 11/19/2012 2:52:21 AM
http://youtu.be/tTd7mtr81ww

That game is better.
---
What I would GIVE to play the Biohazard/Resident Evil Outbreak series online again. Kevin Ryman makes Leon Kennedy look like a whelp.
#3gmoshierPosted 11/19/2012 3:05:35 AM
Playing the public demo should give you a good feel for this game. RE 6 has pros and cons just like any other game. The four different campaigns and how they intersect with each other is really cool. The controls are great except for the cover system imo. The QTE's are a bit too excessive and the camera needs improvement but there's a patch coming soon. The story is great and the game is still a lot of fun.
---
Currently anticipating and/or playing Resident Evil 6, Hitman: Absolution, and Dragon's Dogma.
#4DavyyyyPosted 11/19/2012 3:20:57 AM
gmoshier posted...
Playing the public demo should give you a good feel for this game. RE 6 has pros and cons just like any other game. The four different campaigns and how they intersect with each other is really cool. The controls are great except for the cover system imo. The QTE's are a bit too excessive and the camera needs improvement but there's a patch coming soon. The story is great and the game is still a lot of fun.

^this

some people love this game, some hate it and other think it's mediocre.

Make your own opinion and don't listen to fanboys or haters. Try the demo. watch some clips and maybe even rent it, if you have the option.
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 11/19/2012 3:22:32 AM
no, i dont feel its that bad, but it really depends on how much you can live with. Theres lots of little elements in this game that may drive you insane or you may shrug them off and see them as minor nitpicks. This is one of the bigger love/hate titles to come in in a while. As long as you keep an open mind and expect a lot of action i dont know why you wouldnt like it, just dont expect the most polished thing out there.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 - Black Ops 2 - Torchlight 2
#6EduardoESRPosted 11/19/2012 3:28:16 AM
I'm amazed at the lack of people b****ing about how bad this game is, wow. Anyway, It's not perfect, but It's quite fun, even more than what I expected. I actually saw nothing wrong with the QTE though, just hated the few cheap deaths that will should kill you once or twice.
#7jackstar_rockPosted 11/19/2012 4:25:14 AM
It is pretty fun actually.

I've clocked close to 50 hours on it, completed Chris/Piers campaigns on Pro with S ranks and I'm still pretty much inclined to give it more time. The criticisms levied against it for recycling scenes and stages from past horror movies and games are spot on, but on a personal level that does little to detract my enjoyment of this game.
#8Hewie3Posted 11/19/2012 5:18:47 AM
It's enjoyable. I haven't ever had a camera or "cheap death" issue & the QTE are a little goofy at sometimes like how they have a cut scene, cancel the cut scene to have you hit X to shoot the gun, and then back into the cut scene but other than cinematic ones, the ones included in game play are just fine.

I'm having a little issue with replayability though. Mercenaries isn't as exciting this time around for some reason & there isn't much to get campaign wise unless you want to chase after medals that do nothing for you.
---
If you're going to make a big deal over everything, don't do it around me.
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#9zenandiPosted 11/19/2012 5:39:08 AM
It's only cheap when you can't stand dying once in a while -- with next to no penalty or loss of progress other than the stupid results rank.

There are far cheaper games out there.