Why does the sound in RE6 suck compared to RE4?

#31Big_Boss1432Posted 11/19/2012 9:44:30 PM
The sound in RE4 was god awful during gameplay, but good during Cutscenes. RE5 had amazing sound during gameplay, and god awful during cutscenes. RE6, I can barely hear the J'avo and the Zombies sound just fine.
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#32DarkchocolateXPosted 11/19/2012 9:59:32 PM
schlaufuchsMIKE posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Resident Evil 4 was the pinnacle of the series.

Eh, RE 3 was the peak, for me.

RE2 for me.
---
Typical pc gamer's sig on Gamefaqs: Core i9, 32 GB ram, GT over 9000 graphic card and 500 TB hard drive.
#33BasementDudePosted 11/19/2012 10:41:42 PM
RE gaiden
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 184,715,199
#34KINGR1PPosted 11/20/2012 12:18:10 AM
I've played through all the games from the main storyline (still gotta complete Jake and Adas story in RE6), and RE:CVX and RE5 are my least favorites. RE3, REmake and RE4 are my favorite REs in that order.
---
Currently Playing: SSF4AE, RE4, Fallout 3
SSF4 main: Vega Sub: Balrog Training: Cody & Sagat
#35aznStaRBoYPosted 11/20/2012 12:33:42 AM
The old REs peaked with RE2. Nothing RE did ever came close to that masterpiece.

RE4 was pretty good for a change, but they overdid it.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]
#36SiLVeR_420Posted 11/20/2012 12:52:52 AM
Hawke0 posted...
edward18 posted...
It is the single worst main game at being a Resident Evil game.

It is a much better RE game than 5 and 6, if only because there isn't AI partners.

Its the worst at BEING a resident evil game.
RE5 and 6 are actually better at being RE then 4 is.

Only thing that makes RE4 even related to past REs and 5&6 is Leon, Ada and Weaker.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#37largerockPosted 11/20/2012 2:17:24 AM
Badadah!
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#38DemonSlayer92Posted 11/20/2012 2:20:19 AM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
edward18 posted...
I was talking about 4. Revelations looks like the only good one since Remake.

Play it, then we'll talk.

Also, the sound design in REV is totally awesome. mAAAaaYyyDAAAaaaayyyYYY

Fekkin' --SHE-- scared the goddamn hell out of me!

And the guy you mentioned was freaky.

The journals in dat game. <3
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6096902
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6103703
#39Candy__GirlPosted 11/20/2012 2:45:09 AM
I've played RE4 from beginning to end countless times and the sound effects and music are etched in my brain. Referencing the dogs, or the rain, or certain parts of the game brings to mind the creepy music. I love that game.

You're right when you say that RE6 is lacking in the music and sound effects.. I've played this game well over 200 hours and none of the campaign music or ANY sound effect really gets brought to mind when referenceing RE6. CapCom did not utilize the sense of sound to add any special elements to the game and that's really...sad.

Wait, I take it back. RE6 music that comes to mind? Leon's Credits with the funk/pimp music.
#40Aya_BPosted 11/20/2012 2:47:52 AM
Quality wise I did not manage to notice any difference. Actually RE6 being a bit better at it. If it is about the music theme, then RE4 managed to provide a more suitable choice for this type of game, although that also depends on opinion. If you enjoy fast paced music, that without doubt fits to action-, shooting-, etc., then the music of 6 is quite fitting.

As for the Rest (a bit off topic stuff), I like the old characters, and their cameos are always something people seem to enjoy, but to be frank, if you wish to go for some kind of Survival Horror Route, the characters would probably need to be less of a Veteran Soldier and more someone who has been pushed into a bad Situation.

None can say that total Rookies ever existed in the Resident Evil Series, everyone had some kind of weapon oriented training, but the characters in Resident Evil 0, 1, 2 for instance never had any experience with Zombies, B.O.W.'s and it surprised them. 4 upwards was in that sense nothing new for the steeled Veterans (or not much new). Yes, I don't count the coop partners because a Sheva was still quite well informed thanks to being a member of the B.S.A.A. and being Chris (the founder)'s partner.

Helena was also a partner of the Veteran Leon, and so on.... But adding two entirely new characters would probably make the fan community go nuts. ^^; So better not...