This is what the japanese think of us

#1skermacPosted 11/19/2012 1:03:01 PM
This will explain why games like Resident Evil series are made easier or into mindless COD shooter. Some lazy americans have created a stereotype of us all so games like RE6 are dumbed down for us.

"American gamers are lacking in both skills and willpower when it comes to online games.

I have played all different game genres from fps to rts, against all different nationalities around the world, and consistantly I find American gamers tend to give up very fast when they are losing and accept less responsiblity when they are at fault."
#2DanielSpace79Posted 11/19/2012 1:14:50 PM
skermac posted...
This will explain why games like Resident Evil series are made easier or into mindless COD shooter. Some lazy americans have created a stereotype of us all so games like RE6 are dumbed down for us.

"American gamers are lacking in both skills and willpower when it comes to online games.

I have played all different game genres from fps to rts, against all different nationalities around the world, and consistantly I find American gamers tend to give up very fast when they are losing and accept less responsiblity when they are at fault."

Is this a quote from something or is it your own comment?
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#3matodaPosted 11/19/2012 1:20:41 PM
huh

*not American*
---
You look well, child.
#4res_black_deathPosted 11/19/2012 1:22:07 PM
DanielSpace79 posted...
skermac posted...

Does it matter either way?

It tends to be true sadly...
#5DanielSpace79Posted 11/19/2012 1:36:52 PM
res_black_death posted...
DanielSpace79 posted...
skermac posted...

Does it matter either way?

It tends to be true sadly...

Wel, yeah it kinda does- first im simply curious because the gentleman used quotes- so wasn't sure if it came from an article or a site- and if so, I'd be curious to which.

That feeds into my second point in that an accepted news source such as a magazine or internet site typically use real data to make claims like that- and I'd want to see it and how they are modeling the measuring of skills/willpower in online game (Scores? Market Surveys?)s, as well as how other countries rate.

If it's just an opinion- its completely fine too- but I've never supported the idea of generalizing if you are only getting a minimum sample. If every American player you've met is lazy and doesn't have willpower- but you've only met 200 gamers- you can certainly say "the American gamers I've met...." but you can't really say "All American gamers..."
---
"Hey! Porky Pig! I hope you get molested!"
PSN: TheWorstType
#6LordNobunagaPosted 11/19/2012 1:52:39 PM
It helps fuel most American's testosterone levels, which are apparently higher than any other nation on earth. All the CoD games that are fast paced and action packed, high intensity dialogue and situations, EXPLOSIONS!, all the Michael Bay/Roland Emmerich movies which have all the previously mentioned, and all the online video games as of late that have all the previously mentioned.

Supposed Testosterone-fueled American: Hrugh, yeah! ******* explosions, seeing military weapons and military men screaming orders! Huh, Rah! Driving a car through a warzone with men trying to kill the driver! Uh! UH! Seeing buildings collapse and shooting the **** out of people for not believing in the American way! *moans loudly* USA! USA! USA!!! *turns red, veiny and is getting off*"
---
Elisabeth Blanctorche fanboy.
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#7TomoEK9Posted 11/19/2012 1:53:52 PM
Wait what? By large Japanese gamers need their hands held when playing games compared to American gamers.
#8PyroSparkPosted 11/19/2012 1:59:12 PM
I love the direction RE6 went in, with a passion. So...

Go mindless Americans! :D
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#9skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 2:02:45 PM
DanielSpace79 posted...
skermac posted...

It's a quote from an article. I can't no longer find the link though, but I think it tends to be mostly true. Japanese gamers are very hardcore.
#10badbadkittyPosted 11/19/2012 2:10:17 PM
skermac posted...

Yeah, that's probably a quote from some hikikomori that has been locked in his room since he was 12. Stereotyping is fun!