Just Watched RE: Damnation

#1J_aaronPosted 11/19/2012 4:45:26 PM
Well it did prove one thing.There are times when even Ada will wear a bra.
---
I AM KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PSN: thegreatjoshini Youtube: TheGreatJoshini
#2edward18Posted 11/19/2012 4:47:12 PM
It was a pretty bleh movie to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3desi_shinobiPosted 11/19/2012 4:51:29 PM
Resident Evil: Damnation was an amazing movie. Especially the last half of the film!!
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#4edward18Posted 11/19/2012 4:54:14 PM
Well here's my review of it:

Damn...that was...bleh. For those that'll point out that I watched it when I'm not buying Capcom stuff anymore, don't worry. Saw it on youtube. And you can too until it's taken down. Anyhow...

Don't get me wrong, it's better than Degeneration by a longshot, but for some reason...it's just boring. Capcom does not know how to make movies that keep interest from what I've seen. Yeah from an RE-nerd standpoint I guess it was neat, but as a movie that you watch for entertainment it went on forever. At least it had more stuff happening than in Degeneration...but the long and short of it I think is that Capcom feels with their movies that they need to have characters talking all the time.

It was just "Gotta stop B.O.W.s" "blah blah blah" infectis attack! "blah blah blah" "Cheeseburgers and hollywood dude!" "ADA!" "blah blah Licker lol" infectis attack! "blah blah blah" armed guards *blah blah blah* Master Plagas shown *blah blah blah* self destruct sequence activated and badass T-013s released *elevator scene* army saves the day "Surprised B.O.W.s saved me" "Then nothing's changed"

And I'm like "then why'd you make the damn movie?!"

Eh...guess it was at least a break from the usual LPs and stuff I watch...but lemme tell ya, watchin' the final season of Kids Next Door yesterday was a hell of a lot better.

*sniff*....now those guys can make my eyes almost water with their touching scenes in Operation Z.E.R.O. and Operation I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S....

Oh yeah, movie...

As for characters the only one I really liked was JD. He's the only one I felt that I really got attached to because, even though he's annoying a lot, he's not a, ya know, superhuman. Why the bloody **** does everyone and their grandma fight like they're in the matrix in this? We got enough of that crap in the live action ****. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if the president's assistant could kick Alice's ass. And I know "Leon's a secret agent, he got trainin-" **** no. No excuse for the crap that's pulled off here or the later games and certainly not an excuse for him not getting his spine snapped when the T-013 slams him into a pillar. "Oh but he might've mutated in 4 from Plaga-" no.

I guess it's just...the series should not have these kind of characters as the focus. Yes, it's always had "super police" as characters, but they were at least people you could believe might be able to pull off the stuff they do in the old stuff. Now it's just "you're a super-soldier, you can do anything!". Just gets rid of any tension that might be there and allows no fear that the character is in any real danger. That's why I like JD. As annoying as he is, he feels like a real person and not a super robot that just makes snarky remarks.

Oh yes, Leon, the robot. Yeah, he's a step above his Degeneration self but not by much. He's still dull only now he has his annoying sarcastic attitude from 4 added in.

Was nice to see Lickers and Tyrants again and actually see them being used in WAR for once, but it just feels so...underwhelming in the end. It's like...I WANT to like what I'm watching...but I can't give the effort.

All in all I think Capcom needs to spend less time talking and have the focus be on characters that are either new or haven't been in the series for a long time and don't have the "super leet kickass abilities" that every reoccurring character seems to have inherited. That being said, JD and the President's Assistant are the single best characters in the movie.

---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#5J_aaron(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:00:51 PM
I know I'm a perv when I say this but you can slow down the movie as much as you want but Capcom covered their bases during the fight between Ada and Belikova. It is damn near impossible to find out if either woman is wear panties.
---
I AM KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PSN: thegreatjoshini Youtube: TheGreatJoshini
#6Darkside_HazukiPosted 11/19/2012 5:05:36 PM
I've noticed that everyone whose watched great films and is very familiar with the RE series (and characters) highly dislike those CG-animated RE movies.

While people who only like RE2 & RE4 and are highly stimulated by shows like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Code Geass think they are well-written pieces of Oscar-worthy cinematography.

Obviously group #2 wouldn't know a good film if it slapped them across the face because they haven't moved past video games and anime to judge a movie's quality.
---
Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN; Resident Evil Outbreak: Stick_Breitling
#7Darkside_HazukiPosted 11/19/2012 5:08:47 PM(edited)
aaron, I'm not going to say anything negative about you, because you, my friend, are probably the most honest person on this board. You (and others like you) may also be the biggest problem with the RE series and how the fanbase has totally ruined it, but you could very well be the key to us coming up with a solution to that problem because at least you're willing to admit it. Cheers.
---
#8edward18Posted 11/19/2012 5:08:31 PM
Dragon Ball's way better than Z ever was.

That being said I've FINALLY found a site with a Japanese version of the 2003 Astro Boy anime with English subtitles =)
---
#9Darkside_HazukiPosted 11/19/2012 5:11:07 PM
Good stuff, edward. I counter with my Degeneration "review":

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/resident-evil-degeneration-spoilers.133769/
---
#10desi_shinobiPosted 11/19/2012 5:17:39 PM
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
I've noticed that everyone whose watched great films and is very familiar with the RE series (and characters) highly dislike those CG-animated RE movies.

While people who only like RE2 & RE4 and are highly stimulated by shows like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Code Geass think they are well-written pieces of Oscar-worthy cinematography.

Obviously group #2 wouldn't know a good film if it slapped them across the face because they haven't moved past video games and anime to judge a movie's quality.

What is a good film is purely subjective.

No more then an opinion, what the majority praise you may hate (Transformers is a good example). What you may acknowledge to be amazing would be utter **** to another.

Its the same with videogames, tv shows, anime and music. But of course I don't have to say that.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi