Games been out over a month. Hype is down. Hate is down. Your rating?

#1Yuji KaidoPosted 11/20/2012 12:18:19 AM
What's your score for this game from 1 to 10 ? - Results (359 votes)
5.01% (18 votes)
0.84% (3 votes)
1.95% (7 votes)
4.74% (17 votes)
4.46% (16 votes)
8.91% (32 votes)
20.89% (75 votes)
33.43% (120 votes)
13.65% (49 votes)
6.13% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
A solid 7 out of 10 for me.

Pro's:
-Lengthy(not too short)
-Killing zombies is awesome
-Graphics that looks great with no lag
-Interesting story
-Helena's perfect and sexy ass

Con's:
-QTE's will cause rage for those with ADD
-Controls can feel clunky at times
-Vehicle segments
-Cheap deaths

Even after continuous replays, I still don't but into the low scores or the negative hype.
This game may have some annoying habits but overall it's an enjoyable experience. Be warned tho: this game is more fun than scary.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
"Death's embrace awaits !!!" - Evil Ryu
#2PyroSparkPosted 11/20/2012 12:25:43 AM
I think it's great overall. I just feel like they dropped the ball with the multiplayer aspects.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#3aznStaRBoYPosted 11/20/2012 12:35:12 AM
7-8
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]
#4Matty0289Posted 11/20/2012 12:41:08 AM
PyroSpark posted...
I think it's great overall. I just feel like they dropped the ball with the multiplayer aspects.

Agreed. That's why I gave this game an 8. That, and "The Mercenaries Music That Never Changes"
---
Starcraft 2 Character Name- Aqua / Code-140 Playstation3 PSN: Matty0289
Nintendo 3DS "Friend Code"-----> 4596-9586-8808
#5hereforemnantPosted 11/20/2012 12:41:18 AM
Yuji, have i seen you somewhere before? Perhaps the Final Fantasy Boards?

OT: I agree with Helena's ass being very sexy, especially when she does Hydra Quick Shots, holy crap.
---
Name: Light, FC for White version: 4084-2831-7220 FC for SS: 4685-6000-1404. Black 2: 4384-9935-2201
Name: Dark, FC for Black version: 2838-7396-7889
#6gantaratPosted 11/20/2012 12:55:21 AM
7 play solo.
7.5 play co-op.
#7darkragnorokPosted 11/20/2012 12:57:16 AM
During my first playthrough, I thought it was great and all but then when I did my second playthrough I started to see everything that was wrong with this game and as a result, my opinion for the game has gone down so I gave it a 6.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=darkragnorok
Beat it once, never beat it again >_< -Roland1999 -
#8VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/20/2012 12:59:29 AM(edited)
I'm going to be honest. The more I play RE6, the less I like it. I'm not going to mindlessly and incessantly hate on the game or anything, because I hate seeing that kind of crap on here, but I will give my truthful and updated opinion since you asked. Suffice it to say that my review no longer accurately represents my thoughts on this game. I'd probably give it a 4/10 now, all told.

Pros:
- Dodging system is cool as hell
- Character models are very nice, art style is the best yet in RE
- Environments are neat-looking throughout
- Voice acting and music are great
- A couple of levels are genuinely awesome
- Lengthy campaign gives you your money's worth
- Mercenaries and Agent Hunt are cool (but not for me)
- In spite of all its faults, co-op is still good fun

Cons:
- The level design is mostly uninspired, and much of the game consists of exceedingly linear 3 yard wide gray corridors/pseudo-corridors; this is not just an issue of lacking exploration, but lacking space to maneuver - which leads to less variety in subsequent playthroughs
- When the level design actually tries to do things other than shuffling the player down cramped straight lines, the results are often disastrous (e.g. parts of Jake 2 & Ada 1)
- The sheer amount of quick time events and quick time event-esque actions is mind-numbing, especially if you don't have Breakout equipped
- Most of the boss fights are terrible, and few, if any, are memorable; T-Rex and Warthog Simmons are especially bad
- Too many overly scripted set-pieces throughout; the worst of which being the first 30 minutes of Leon's campaign
- The cover system, while mostly unnecessary, is the least intuitive I've ever seen
- The stealth is horrible
- The chase scenes are horrible
- The vehicle segments are horrible
- Getting knocked down when shot is an utterly stupid game mechanic
- A couple of cheap deaths sprinkled throughout
- The story is awful on a bunch of different levels
- The only interesting characters are Chris and Sherry
- Ustanak is easily one of the least interesting/menacing BOWs in the series and does not deserve to be a recurring enemy

Again, that's all my opinion. This is probably the only time you'll ever see me talk about RE6 so harshly on here. But I felt like, y'know, I needed to say it, since you asked. Slowly coming to grips with the fact that this is now my least favorite RE, when I actually liked it quite a bit at first.
#9DarkchocolateXPosted 11/20/2012 12:59:44 AM
It was a great game in the beginning, would have given it an 8, but now after playing it a lot.. its gone to like a 6 or so.
#10sbn4Posted 11/20/2012 1:00:04 AM
7/10

I've come to grips with some of the shortcomings of this game. I will probably still continue to dislike Jake's campaign though (Sherry is the only good thing about it). Leon's campaign has grown on me despite some tedious sequences. But Chris' scenario is the highlight of the game for me. Mercenaries isn't as fun as RE5's IMO, but it is still enjoyable in its own right.

I do wish there was more content however. The same things that the TC listed are the same annoyances I have as well.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."