7/10 for me. Just an decent RE game overall. The things that hurt it IMO are
- Instant deaths that are only avoided by trial and error
- Menu system feels disorganized, clunky and overall unnecessary. What was wrong with RE5's?
- No real invincibility frames when getting up, making you prone to getting stunlocked to death by enemies, especially ones with guns.
- Mini-cutscenes leave you wide open to attack by enemies, who can still freely move around, making no damage runs very frustrating
- Fighting a certain boss 500 times (and you thought Wesker was annoying?)
- Targeting reticle moves far too much without upgrades compared to RE4-5, meaning you aren't really allowed to properly line up your shot. --- Elisabeth Blanctorche fanboy. youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
9/10 -Love chase scenes ( honestly do. Theyre fun for me. Dont see how people struggle so much with them) -Most of the vechile sections are better than i expected. Really liked the snowmobile part. -bosses are interesting and varied. -Story is well thought out and cleverly intersected. -Game is varied and isnt repitive - Mercs is as fun as ever -Agent hunt can be hilarious. -Some puzzles and non linear areas that require exploring such as Jake3 - Nice enviroments - Nice lengthy capmaign - Stealth parts are tense and fun -Honestly i dont have a problem with qtes in this game i feel like RE5&4 had more annoying ones
-camera is a pain at times -levels are bit too long... Should have been broken down more.
Gameplay itself is really fun. I love stuff like Quick Shots and the variety in melee's.
Graphics: Overall look great. I think Leon and Helena's hair look too shiny at times. Maybe they just use a lot of product. Who knows.
Setting: Edonia is fun. Winter/snow areas always fun for me. And the amount of detail in China is great too. Not a fan of the Catacombs, but it's RE, we'll always have some sort of ridiculous underground area. And the Campus/Tall Oaks area is just perfect. It was nice to have a recreation of Raccoon City.
Difficulty: While it's nice your partner has infinite health it take a bit of the survival genre away. I died more times at QTE's than in actual gameplay. Pro mode is a joke. Field Medic takes away any challenge. The only real challenge is Ada Chapter 1.
I'm not a fan of the new inventory system either, but oh well. You win some you lose some.
As for the story, who's taken the RE series seriously since RE4?
DLC wise I'm hoping for more Merc stages/characters, the ability to mix and match weapons/costumes in the campaign, and some extended story pieces like RE5's LiN and DE.