Games been out over a month. Hype is down. Hate is down. Your rating?

#31EduardoESRPosted 11/20/2012 7:19:11 AM
Seriously, I'm kinda amazed at how people complain at QTE, I've always found them quite predictable and easy, perhaps I'm just too used to Guitar Hero for button pressing to give me any trouble, I'unno.
#32RockX0083Posted 11/20/2012 7:26:13 AM
EduardoESR posted...
Seriously, I'm kinda amazed at how people complain at QTE, I've always found them quite predictable and easy, perhaps I'm just too used to Guitar Hero for button pressing to give me any trouble, I'unno.

Once you play the game once they shouldn't be anything to worry about. I was actually surprised at the amount of QTE's. I heard everyone complaining on twitter that there was too many, so in the end, I was like ''that's it''. But whatevs. I think the only reason QTE's are in the games is to kill the player. I think on my first play through I died 4 or 5 times outside of QTE's. But in reality they're just annoying. At least they're always the same so once you play the game once you should have them memorized.
#33slapper1Posted 11/20/2012 8:23:01 AM
8.5 or if I'm rounding down, an 8. It's a really good game with an amazing movement mechanic, however it's overuse of rehash level designs/boss fights, limited post game unlocks, boring forced tutorial in Leon's first chapter, ect... do keep this game from being epic. Still love it though, and have put over 170+ hours into it without looking back.
---
Stupidity isn't a virus, but it sure is spreading like one!
#34SSJ_JinPosted 11/20/2012 8:32:24 AM
VolcanoBoulder posted...
Getting knocked down when shot is an utterly stupid game mechanic

Hold X.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#35Da DoodPosted 11/20/2012 8:39:06 AM
7/10 seems about right. It's a fun and interesting game, but way too scripted. Every campaign has some awesome moments and other parts that I never want to see again.
---
And this time!
#36VolcanoBoulderPosted 11/20/2012 11:36:57 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Hold X.

I know how to roll out of the knockdown. It's still a stupid game mechanic that has no place in a shooter.
#37Missable_ItemPosted 11/20/2012 11:58:13 AM
9/10.

Thoroughly enjoyed the campaign, despite some annoying moments on both Xbox and PS3.
Mercenaries is a riot both solo and duo.
No characters i dislike.

The only flaws are the cheap deaths, a boring and unbalanced and hitherto pointless Agent Hunt mode and the lack of Mercenaries maps.

PSN ID: False_Sheva-BSAA.
#38Yuji Kaido(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 3:16:08 PM
Hmm.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
"Death's embrace awaits !!!" - Evil Ryu
#39badbadkittyPosted 11/20/2012 4:39:28 PM
Right now this game is a 6 primarily because of the lack of replay value in the campaign.
I'm going to try this game again after the december patch and see if it makes an enjoyable difference. I have my doubts.

Once you go through each character once that's more than enough for this game. It's the equivalent of eating 6 packs of jujubes. A pretty good candy but man it starts to suck after you eat that much; your teeth get all fuzzy, your jaw hurts and the inside of your mouth feels like fine Corinthian leather.
#40danny_S_06Posted 11/20/2012 4:55:28 PM

Too much QTE and cinematic crap.

It feels stripped down compared to RE4 and 5, no weapon upgrading, treasure hunting, elements that people loved about the 2 previous titles but for some unknown reason Capcom thought it was smart to take that away. Not to mention the crap villains in the game.

Saying all that I enjoyed playing it, its a fun co-op experience but nothing memorable.
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)