Games been out over a month. Hype is down. Hate is down. Your rating?

#41LiquidFuze180Posted 11/20/2012 5:09:05 PM
I gave it a 7. The funny thing is, when this game just came out, most people (including SEVERAL people who've posted in this topic) gave incredibly positive ratings and defended the **** out of the game. It's sort of sad, really.
---
between my hands rests 52 plain old playing cards and i trapped god somewhere between trump and the king of hearts
#42Hawke0Posted 11/20/2012 5:14:41 PM
Sazh is by far the best FF character.
---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#43Orochi_LedePosted 11/20/2012 5:29:46 PM
7/10

Agree with every pro. while i do agree helena is nicely designed character i'm not "that" into her lol.

also agree with cons, Pot heads and people with ADD will probably hate the game simply by QTEs alone.

the only thing i really dislike doing over in this game is the simmons t rex fight, it's ungodly long and annoying for no reason.
---
Careful what you say, mods can now delete posts based on what they think are insults rather then actual fact based insults, Terrible system at it's finest.
#44ridley723Posted 11/20/2012 5:42:57 PM
An overall good game I'd say. I feel the campaigns don't have much replayability though. There's almost always something in one chapter that turns me off from playing it again. The QTEs I really didn't mind. The vehicle portions were really annoying as well as running from Haos and fighting T-rex Simmons.

Mercs still keeps me entertained though. Although I feel replayability is lost in the campaign, the super addictive mercenaries makes up for it. Playing with a friend or even a reasonable stranger makes it that much more fun.
#45tuznecotePosted 11/20/2012 5:46:25 PM

Totally flawed game. When I actually enjoy it I bloody enjoyed it more than anything around but every other time I totally loathed the damn thing. Its a shame because I love so much of what its aiming to do outside of anything Javo + guns but hate the way they have done nearly everything.
#46Mr_Big_BossPosted 11/20/2012 6:50:08 PM
I gave it a four. This game was rushed, and it shows badly. The forced co-op is another major problem, only slightly better than Five. They shouldn't be forcing co-op on a series that was always single player. I'd say about 70% of the enemies have guns, that is a big problem, enemies in this series shouldn't have guns.The graphics looked a little better in RE5. RE6 is very dark too, most likely to hide details to rush game development. Another problem is QTEs, this one is self explanatory.

The cinematic set pieces look nice the first time you play it, but become annoying when you replay it. Leon chapter 1 is a good example when you are forced to let snails run faster than you. There are several cinematic chase sequences where you can die really easy if you don't do everything perfectly. Other moments they want you to stay there and kill everything, or keep killing until the timed event ends

Replay value is something this game lacks too. The game does offer S ranks with both characters, medals, 4 star titles to help motivate you to replay the game, but the game just isn't appealing enough to replay it. Part of that problem is because the chapters are very long, and saved checkpoints are not frequent enough. They give you many checkpoints in case noobs die, but those checkpoints don't save your game progress if you want to stop playing.

The story could have been better. I didn't like how Ada was cloned, clones are just dumb, most of the time. Leon and Sherry's campaigns weren't introduced very well. How did Sherry find Jake, where did she get the test data about him? How did Simmons know about Jake to begin with if Wesker never did? How did Leon get where he was at the beginning? He didn't know anything about the virus releasing in gas form since the bald man told him. If he was in the city, how did he survive the initial virus outbreak?
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#47Yuji Kaido(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:01:35 PM
Lol @ people giving it a 1.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
"Death's embrace awaits !!!" - Evil Ryu
#48GameBeatenPosted 11/20/2012 11:11:39 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
I gave it a four. This game was rushed, and it shows badly. The forced co-op is another major problem, only slightly better than Five. They shouldn't be forcing co-op on a series that was always single player. I'd say about 70% of the enemies have guns, that is a big problem, enemies in this series shouldn't have guns.The graphics looked a little better in RE5. RE6 is very dark too, most likely to hide details to rush game development. Another problem is QTEs, this one is self explanatory.

The cinematic set pieces look nice the first time you play it, but become annoying when you replay it. Leon chapter 1 is a good example when you are forced to let snails run faster than you. There are several cinematic chase sequences where you can die really easy if you don't do everything perfectly. Other moments they want you to stay there and kill everything, or keep killing until the timed event ends

Replay value is something this game lacks too. The game does offer S ranks with both characters, medals, 4 star titles to help motivate you to replay the game, but the game just isn't appealing enough to replay it. Part of that problem is because the chapters are very long, and saved checkpoints are not frequent enough. They give you many checkpoints in case noobs die, but those checkpoints don't save your game progress if you want to stop playing.

The story could have been better. I didn't like how Ada was cloned, clones are just dumb, most of the time. Leon and Sherry's campaigns weren't introduced very well. How did Sherry find Jake, where did she get the test data about him? How did Simmons know about Jake to begin with if Wesker never did? How did Leon get where he was at the beginning? He didn't know anything about the virus releasing in gas form since the bald man told him. If he was in the city, how did he survive the initial virus outbreak?

I agree with everything in the spoiler part of this post. Those aspects were just not done well in regards to story telling. I would say RE6 has one of the worst plots of the series. Sure RE4's plot had little to do with anything besides introducing the Las Plagas, but at least it was structured well.
---
http://epicvideogamers.com/
I've been waiting for Nintendo to reveal a handheld with the 3DS's graphics since 2003.
#49AnimesetsunaPosted 11/20/2012 11:50:23 PM
GameBeaten posted...
Mr_Big_Boss posted...

I agree with everything in the spoiler part of this post. Those aspects were just not done well in regards to story telling. I would say RE6 has one of the worst plots of the series. Sure RE4's plot had little to do with anything besides introducing the Las Plagas, but at least it was structured well.

I agree with Mr Big Boss. And my opinion is the story is completely weak and weird.
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#50GameBeatenPosted 11/25/2012 10:09:42 PM
I should've mentioned my score before, but I wasn't ready to go into details about the game/rant. I probably won't be able to mention everything here.

I gave RE6 a 6/10. And I'm not sure if I'm will to rate it lower or not.

When I first played the public demo of Resident Evil 6, I didn't think it was that bad at all. I was even thinking it could've been better than Resident Evil 4, but I wasn't going to officially claim that until I played the actual game.

Then I finally played the actual game. It is certainly not better than RE4. When compared to Resident Evil 5, RE5 is still fun to play. But RE6 can feel like a chore sometimes during certain sections. RE6 has a better feel of "horror" than RE5 did though. The environments found in this game really helped it out. I just wish it could have been allowed to explore better. I also liked the enemies in RE6 better than RE5.

Leon:Leon's campaign had the best "horror" atmosphere. It was nice to see zombies again in a RE. What I don't get is some of the things these zombies are capable of. Holding levers? Carrying lit dynamite? I can accept them swinging weapons around and even shooting off guns occasionally, but what the hell? Anyway, Tall Oaks has to be Leon's best section of the game. The sewers beforehand were nice too.

Chris: Chris' campaign has grown on me a little. For the most part, it lets you play RE6 how it seems to be intended: an all around third-person shooter. Sure RE4 and RE5 can be considered TPS's too, but RE6 feels like nothing but a shooter.

Jake: First off, it was good to finally see Sherry again and know what the hell happened to her. As for Jake, he is okay as a character. The idea of Wesker having a son is a bit silly, but whatever. Not sure I have much else to say about Jake's campaign besides it having not so good stealth/sneaking sections.

Ada: Ada's felt like a mix of Leon's and Jake's campaigns. the first chapter is a pain in the ass and her stealth/sneaking sections are as bad as Jake's/Sherry's. The boss battle against Carla was pretty good along with the section leading up to it. That had a good "horror" vibe to it. Plus the eyes Carla had on her giant head form called back to the older boss battle in previous games with B.O.W.'s with giant eyes on them. Overall though, Ada's campaign was a little disappointing and frustrating at times.

Story: As mentioned in my previous post, I agreed with everything said before about RE6's story. The whole purpose of this game was to introduce Jake and also show where Sherry has ended up now. That's all that felt important. Other than that, we have a stupid clone plot involving Ada, Ada's background still a mystery as to who she works for really (which I expected this game to wrap up actually), and more unresolved romance between Leon and Ada.

Then we have the odd introductions. Particularly Leon/Helena, Jake/Sherry, and Simmons. Chris/Piers were actually given a fine introduction in the plotline. Leoan/Helena and Jake/Sherry feel like they need prior cutscenes before their **** hits the fan.

I'll continue this rant in the next post.
---
http://epicvideogamers.com/
I've been waiting for Nintendo to reveal a handheld with the 3DS's graphics since 2003.