Jake Chapter 2 help

#21CuteKitten(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:00:32 PM
I'm holding the R1 button but, strangely, that's the fastest I can do. If I don't hold it, then Jake's sitting still on the snow.

And then when I try to press R1 again, Jake won't move again. The snowmobile jams. So pretty much, I already have the R1 button pressed while the screen is still black.

And the same thing happens during the car chase in Chris's scenario when I was using Piers. I can never catch up to Ada.

Oh and, yeah, I have a USB adapter for the PS2 controller.

In the meantime, my best bet might be the controller. I don't know what else would it be. Thanks for the help, Matty.
---
I'm a guy, not a gal. :p
I don't care how hot you are. You don't grab without permission! - Poison, Final Fight
#22viper9xPosted 11/23/2012 10:22:48 PM
Well I know that on an official ps3 pad, the circle square cross and triangle buttons are pressure sensitive, probably outputting an arbitary value between 0-255 depending on pressure. Can't be certain of this, but R1 and L1 are probably the same. I can imagine that since the ps2 controller does not have this feature it is possible that it may be outputting a value less than max for your R1 button. Your PS2/USB converter could be the just as likely cause of this, but don't quote me, im not an expert on how the ps3 deals with non-ps3 game controllers.

Watching your video, I can see that you are deffinately not going fast enough by far.

Your best solution, and maybe only solution would be to upgrade to an official Ps3 pad, That being said, there could be certain 3rd party controllers that are reliable yet cheaper, but again, I have not tested any of these so I cannot compare
#23CuteKitten(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:58:42 AM
Well, I can't think of any other cause and I doubt what I got is a screwed-up copy. (Sorry, because I ended up having a screwed-up copy of Sonic Adventure 2 when I was young hence why I got that idea)
---
I don't care how hot you are. You don't grab without permission! - Poison, Final Fight
#24CuteKitten(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 8:01:36 AM
And one more thing, during the part where you collect Sherry's USB chips, have you tried knocking out the enemies riding the snowmobile? Once you've knocked them out, did you take the snowmobile for a spin? Were you able to accelerate? Because I couldn't move at all no matter how much I hold the R1 button.
---
#25viper9xPosted 11/24/2012 7:58:18 PM
CuteKitten posted...
And one more thing, during the part where you collect Sherry's USB chips, have you tried knocking out the enemies riding the snowmobile? Once you've knocked them out, did you take the snowmobile for a spin? Were you able to accelerate? Because I couldn't move at all no matter how much I hold the R1 button.

Yes, I had absolutley no problem getting the snowmobile to move forwards or backwards, albeit its a ball ache to turn, and isn't much use unless you know which route to take as the L2 guide arrow is not available whilst on the snowmobile.

very very unlikely these days that you have a dud disc, any fault with the disc is more likely to have much more severe effects nowadays such as the ps3 refusing to start the software due to something like checksums not matching what other parts of the disc say they should be.

I really think in your case it is the controller and if you were to play Gran turismo 5 or Prologue, you would probably experience a similar problem like not being able to win races unless your car had a serious advantage over competitors. Fortunatley GT5 allows you to remap the keys, unfortunatley this is not the case for vehicle controls in RE6
#26CuteKitten(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 9:47:25 PM
viper9x posted...
CuteKitten posted...

Yes, I had absolutley no problem getting the snowmobile to move forwards or backwards, albeit its a ball ache to turn, and isn't much use unless you know which route to take as the L2 guide arrow is not available whilst on the snowmobile.

very very unlikely these days that you have a dud disc, any fault with the disc is more likely to have much more severe effects nowadays such as the ps3 refusing to start the software due to something like checksums not matching what other parts of the disc say they should be.

I really think in your case it is the controller and if you were to play Gran turismo 5 or Prologue, you would probably experience a similar problem like not being able to win races unless your car had a serious advantage over competitors. Fortunatley GT5 allows you to remap the keys, unfortunatley this is not the case for vehicle controls in RE6

Thanks for the help. Now I have a better idea.
---
#27PechabusterPosted 11/25/2012 9:30:40 AM
CuteKitten posted...

You controller is broken.
#28viper9xPosted 11/25/2012 9:22:50 PM
Pechabuster posted...

You controller is broken.

It's not broken, just incompatible.