why is this game even called resident evil?

#11desi_shinobiPosted 11/20/2012 12:19:30 PM
Its fine that you don't like the playstyle of the game or the fact you didn't enjoy the story or controls.

Its fine that you expressed your disapointment in the game.

But a stupid question like "why is it called Resident Evil"

Because its a franchise and it still centres around bio-weapons and characters of RE, regardless of the playstyle.

Your better off going back to play RE0,RE1/DC/remake/2,3,CV,Outbreak and Outbreak2.

The fixed camera angles, backtracking, tank control days are over. Capcom is a business that wants to make money and they have become mainstream, they aren't going to cater to the group who wants the old skool way back.

They tried their best to try and simulate them in RE6.

Now then you expressed your feelings for this game.

Your better off moving onto a game that you enjoy...
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#12DarkD3stinyPosted 11/22/2012 7:54:41 PM
MonkeyKrazy07 posted...
..because survival horror is for hipsters, and we all know it doesn't sell, so, in order to sell, they made the games more mainstream, especially this one, just another mindless shooter with a generic story, and explosions. XD

re3 had lots of shooting and explosions to, your point? even re3s intro has a couple of explosions before you even start the game.
---
My favourite re game is re6. Yes it has flaws but its basically a better version of re4 and re5.
#13TurduckenPosted 11/22/2012 8:00:39 PM
I call it Karate Virus.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#14LansfieldPosted 11/23/2012 12:58:44 AM
It's actually called Biohazard in Japan. Shocking, isn't it?
#15desi_shinobiPosted 11/23/2012 4:02:12 AM
TC Like it really matters anyway to be honest.

It will always be Resident Evil, despite how many hate the playstyle.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#16AnimesetsunaPosted 11/23/2012 4:02:56 AM
Cool story. Where am I right now?
---
http://setsunah.imgur.com
I want to hug Kana Hanazawa (>o<)
#17desi_shinobiPosted 11/23/2012 4:33:37 AM
No idea mate.

I'd like to know where we are. Find the apple and pears out of here!
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#18cirus 7Posted 11/23/2012 11:37:17 AM
its called resident evil because if they called it "zombie shootout" or some other generic name, the game would have gotten 3/10 reviews from most sites and mags and failed miserably. but if you put "resident evil" on the title screen, it gets a pass on being terrible and gets 9/10 reviews.

im still laughing at how they shipped out over a million more copies then they sold, and who knows how many more they produced and have sitting in their warehouse that have not shipped out. its no wonder the retail price dropped by 1/3 within the first month after release.
---
psn id "rajas", FF11 handle- Atrox, on Cerberus
auto modellista team- Akagi Redsuns *RIP*